Questions about skill/attribute rewards from quests.

We are simply asking for you to remain respectful, restrained, and non-confrontational. Please excuse us if we incorrectly interpreted your words as otherwise.

• Like! 1

There's a certain difference between item rewards and attribute/skill point rewards - advantage accumulation: there's a finite number of items one can equip, but attribute/skill points from rewards can be accumulated ad infinitum.

Having quests, that have attribute/skill points rewards is nice. Being able to abuse the singleplayer/multiplayer progress separation to gain those rewards repeatedly is not. The solution is the same, as in Sacred 1 - those quests would be available once per difficulty.

As for "forcing" people to play Bronze, it's not "forcing", it's "enticing". 

3 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

There's a certain difference between item rewards and attribute/skill point rewards - advantage accumulation: there's a finite number of items one can equip, but attribute/skill points from rewards can be accumulated ad infinitum.

Having quests, that have attribute/skill points rewards is nice. Being able to abuse the singleplayer/multiplayer progress separation to gain those rewards repeatedly is not. The solution is the same, as in Sacred 1 - those quests would be available once per difficulty.

As for "forcing" people to play Bronze, it's not "forcing", it's "enticing". 

Well, that is at least something I can agree to a certain extent. Still, I already learned how to make the change for my game, so I can take away those rewards to make the game more suitable for me.

3 minutes ago, Seferoth said:

Well, that is at least something I can agree to a certain extent. Still, I already learned how to make the change for my game, so I can take away those rewards to make the game more suitable for me.

It's good to know that you were able to make the game work for you. Thanks for the update!

7 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

It's good to know that you were able to make the game work for you. Thanks for the update!

Indeed, I am actually rather glad for this whole debacle. I kind of noticed because of this particular topic how easy Sacred 2 is to mod...to a certain extend of course. I am not a total noob when it comes to modding, hell I spend over 5 years to make my Lost London mod to Hellgate: London. Modding that game is (no pun intended) a hell. I think I am going to enjoy learning more about Sacred 2 modding and making some changes to suit me. This game does have enormous potential to be one of my favorite games, just needs a little fine tuning.

Edited by Seferoth
11 minutes ago, Seferoth said:

Indeed, I am actually rather glad for this whole debacle. I kind of noticed because of this particular topic how easy Sacred 2 is to mod...to a certain extend of course. I am not a total noob when it comes to modding, hell I spend over 5 years to make my Lost London mod to Hellgate: London. Modding that game is (no pun intended) a hell. I think I am going to enjoy learning more about Sacred 2 modding and making some changes to suit me. This game does have enormous potential to be one of my favorite games, just needs a little fine tuning.

Yes, there are quite a number of mods for the game that you may like. However, don't modify any files or install any mods until after adding the CM Patch and Addendum/Hotfix or the install will not work properly. You will find a lot of help here in the fora to customize the game with ease. There is a way to customize the camera settings as well, it's something that I enjoy and recommend.

• Like! 1
15 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

OK, I see. Improper release stages. I'll confine attribute and skill point-granting quests to campaign modes. Available once per difficulty.

Are you entering a different value in the line: releasestage = 30, in the quest script?  Or is more complicated than that?