Damage Mechanic / Order and E-Shield

Hi.

In which order are damage, block, reflection, e-shield, mitigation, avoid etc. calculated to get to the actual damage value received? Particularly I'm interested at which point the damage mitigation introduced by E-Shield Lore is placed.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

35 minutes ago, ameaeth said:

Hi.

In which order are damage, block, reflection, e-shield, mitigation, avoid etc. calculated to get to the actual damage value received? Particularly I'm interested at which point the damage mitigation introduced by E-Shield Lore is placed.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

This is such a great question! I think I actually saw someone ask this years ago and got an amazing detailed response to it but I cant seem to find it now when searching...  Hoping you will get a great answer, and this can be good documentation

Sacred's such a min/max game, and info like this is gold

:)

gogo

gogo

Thanks.

So if I get all that right:

1. Hit calculation / Chance to evade
2. Block
3. Reflect
4. Armor/Resistance
5. Damage mitigation
6. E-Shield flat damage aborbtion/mitgation
7. E-Shield percentage damage application
8. Hit point remaining damage application

Not sure if DM is being applied before E-Shield.

Edited by ameaeth
  • Like! 1

I suppose your 1-8 list would be the correct order, as DM reduces the amount of calculated damaged that should "hit" your opponent. When it hits if you have an e-shield the respective part of it should be averted, but mitigation was already calculated because it's supposed to "hit" your character.

My logic may be faulty though.

• Like! 1
22 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

There is an in-depth topic by Mibbs here, much of which appears in the Wiki. Sacred 2: Ice & Blood Damage Mechanics

oh wow I remember Mibbs...he LOVED this game's mechanics!...And he just loved to write... He must have put up ten tomes of detailed mechanical info of this game's secrets

:superman:

gogo

According to the Wiki Damage Mitigation is calculated just after Armor Resistance. However Mibbs does mention this:

image.thumb.png.597f4ab45ceb9e60dce4f2a724dabd47.png

Because the information on the Wiki comes from the work of Mibbs in the topic linked a few posts above, perhaps it was interpreted and entered incorrectly and needs to be amended. Thank you for pointing that out, Ameaeth.

• Thanks! 1

That looks right and of course Block, Evade, etc., comes before as does hit chance because if there is no successful hit then there is no damage to calculate.

Yeah sure, I just put everything into "hit chance". Should've worded it differently, but it accounts for attack/defence values, evade chance, block, reflect. And spell intensity/spell resistance if it's a spell based hit.

• Like! 1