How’s your day going?

So I just finished up my SP campaign play-through of the original, vanilla Sacred 2 game. Yes, this was officially my first play-through after all those years!
It's been quite... Underwhelming if I'm brutally honest. I wonder what you guys thoughts are on the campaign?

On a sidenote, I dove into an FDM rabbithole and found this old thread. Can I just say that Steam and GoG have made the Sacred 2 experience sooo much easier LOL! To think I actually had to flash the firmware of my DVDrom player to play the game, crazy!

Nearly two years without vacances. My brother and his wife said they would do an autumn camp for the kids at our place. So my wife and me will be on a two week trip through the Wadden Sea in the German Bay. A friend gave us his weekend house there and a good restaurant has a delivery service. It is too cold for swimming, but walking from island to island is still possible. Also it is time for the big bird migrations. Lot of them to a rest at the wadden sea before flying further south. I was there at my army time, so I will visit some old spots and people.

So have a nice autumn, The Hessian Barbarian will be back in two weeks.

Was it camus? Autumn is a second spring, with each leaf a colourful flower.

The green spots will be islands with houses at high tide, and at low tide you can walk the whole area. So never do a walk without a watch with an alarm, or the local app on your phone.

13-09-29-nordfriesisches-wattenmeer-Ralf

vogelschwarm_westerhever_c_stock_lkn.sh.

On 10/6/2020 at 7:09 AM, chattius said:

Nearly two years without vacances. My brother and his wife said they would do an autumn camp for the kids at our place. So my wife and me will be on a two week trip through the Wadden Sea in the German Bay. A friend gave us his weekend house there and a good restaurant has a delivery service. It is too cold for swimming, but walking from island to island is still possible. Also it is time for the big bird migrations. Lot of them to a rest at the wadden sea before flying further south. I was there at my army time, so I will visit some old spots and people.

So have a nice autumn, The Hessian Barbarian will be back in two weeks.

Was it camus? Autumn is a second spring, with each leaf a colourful flower.

The green spots will be islands with houses at high tide, and at low tide you can walk the whole area. So never do a walk without a watch with an alarm, or the local app on your phone.

13-09-29-nordfriesisches-wattenmeer-Ralf

vogelschwarm_westerhever_c_stock_lkn.sh.

So THIS is where you've been Chattius...I was rifling through all the threads now hoping to catch a hint...and I see I've missed your charming farewell for the Autum letter...are you serious about getting caught out on a island at tide? 

Horror movie

:scare2:

gogo

Back...

Horse riding from island to island

Watching bird migrtation

Long walks with only a few people far away on the horizon

Showing my wife where I spend my time when drafted

real relaxing

and then on the way back home I was driving the first three hours and then was sleeping a bit and wondered where we were when I woke up.

She drove with an average of 180 it seems, racing genes in her family. So here I am, half an day earlier than planed.

• Appreciation 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Most thoughts are;

Kids:

Normally as a father with teenage daughters you were worried about boy friends, parties, time when they should back home when at cinema, .....

And now the opposite: you are worried that your younger kids will never have this phase of their lives....

When your daughter says she needs new underwear- in corona times it means that she needs warm ones because school is at opened windows with masks.

Work:

we have two people with a license for explosives. One is ill, teeth infection with high fever. Not allowed to work with explosives as long antibiotica are used. Leaves me. So I am not doing sales travels currently and do explosive installing for both work chains. I always took the sales travels as a bit relaxing, lot of time to do brain storming while driving on the autobahn.

Wife:

A doctor four villages away retired with 71 years without a replacement. His patients are spread among the three remaining docs in the area. So currently my wife as her praxis opened from 7-19. Add that there are often house visits. Seems most want to avoid bus and train and prefer her praxis away from town. Hope this will reduce with time, new patients need more time than ones you had for years.

Oldest daughter:

Three weeks till second and third child and was worried what a possivle covid19 infection may do to unborns. Writing on her thesis in arboristic.

Second:

Universities not opened. So she has to get creative to get the points for medicine while working with my wife and with stroke patients. Planed was that she and her boy friend would join an appartment at a student home early octobre for university start.

Third:

She would have visited a school for music and creative arts after summer breaks. Impossible at the moment. Plan is now to do all except music and arts this year for two years and than a year more or less exclusive for arts the coming school year. Her permanent seat neighbour at school lives just on the other side of the forest. She is 15 and some day I will know what the meaning of a better than nothing corona times friend is.

Twins:

They share same class, homeworks and work together to finish them quickly. I think it is a bit easier for them being 11 and twins than being 15 and the only girl of that age in 5 kilometres.

Firefighters:

We have now new vests in the commando car. Protective ones that can block a knife attack. Way more attacks on police and rescue people since corona. Never had an attack on us, but better to have one in case...

Village:

Got creative or a criminal, both starts with c.  Signed as a village mayor that old people share a household, in reality they live in four neighbour houses but help each other. Same household means that they can walk together in public at a lockdown.

Two weeks vacances after two years are just not enough to fill the batteries again.

• Like! 1
16 hours ago, gogoblender said:

maybe this looksie at the world's most expensive car shall cheer ye up?

:hugs:

gogo

La-Voiture-Noire-BUGATTI.jpg

I'm not a supercar nut, nor am I into hypercars. 
But oh my lord... :bow:

6 hours ago, chattius said:

Most thoughts are;

Kids:

Normally as a father with teenage daughters you were worried about boy friends, parties, time when they should back home when at cinema, .....

And now the opposite: you are worried that your younger kids will never have this phase of their lives....

Yes, I would hate to be 14-25 in these times... 

6 hours ago, chattius said:

Two weeks vacances after two years are just not enough to fill the batteries again.

Hear hear. To me, the summer holidays felt like a long weekend at best. 

• Appreciation 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Today I found out the repaired screen on my phone almost completely separated.
Just, all the glue let go. Nice addition to 2020. *sigh*

Phones and me just don't seem to work out.

Edited by Timotheus
2 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Timo that happened to me!! It was actually my first phone i got a few years back... the Nexus Five... LOVED that phone... my whole entry into smart phones and google's sweet operating system... while out jogging , the phone got pulled out of my pants by the cord attached to my buds... crack.. that sound... huge break in the glass and then my heart... i went to a store to get it repaired, and, well I guess I didnt run the math well, paid out 140 or something... yes...they kind of put a new glass on...but a few days later, i started seeing light coming out of the edges where the glass was afixed to the frame.. kind of that effect from poltergeist where the glow comes out of the Tv Screen... :eek:   I went back, and the guy there said that they use two types of glues ... quick and a long... that the  guy who repaired my phone used the quick glue instead of the long one...  this guy repaired my phone better...but it *creaked* after that ...

:cry:

gogo

• zomgod! 1
Just now, gogoblender said:

how long out of warranty? We handle phone repairs for my company Fido..and if someone is kind of close to the date of end mark, we'll be listening more and are open to some negotation

:)

gogo

p.s. yes i was VERY disappointed with the whole "solution" to broken glass... im not sure if any phone will be perfect after a repair.. i feel like that original integrity is lost... that creaky phone after the second repair did it for me, and now im all in on getting ripped off for extended warranties on my iphones :lol: :B6nFRAh:

Well I'll give it a shot yea but I have no hopes for it. If not, I'm going to DIY that thing, I had to spend €180 on it in April and I had to think about that one already because it was close to half of the price of my Pixel 3a. But since the iPhone SE 2020 wasn't around at that time, I really had no other phone on my radar... Problem now is, I do. :lol:

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Well I'll give it a shot yea but I have no hopes for it. If not, I'm going to DIY that thing, I had to spend €180 on it in April and I had to think about that one already because it was close to half of the price of my Pixel 3a. But since the iPhone SE 2020 wasn't around at that time, I really had no other phone on my radar... Problem now is, I do. :lol:

I thought you were strictly android...you'd consider switching to IOS Apple for a phone? Thats quite a leap.  I was originally all for the huge sweep of what Android could do...but we have so many older folks in the family all over the world, and the moment you ask them to download something to do video calls they'll go *vacant model stare* on me :lol: Face Time seems to work because it comes on the phones pre installed.  

:)

gogo

I had an iPhone 7 Plus which I absolutely loved but managed to... Ahem... Smash the screen of... Sold it off to someone looking for iPhones to repair. 

After that I stuck to a second hand iPhone 5c which I used before that. I replaced the screen and battery on that one. But the phone was on it's last legs as it refused to charge half the time.

The Pixel 3a ticked all the boxes on my wish list at the time: long OS-support, superb camera, for two thirds to half the price of the competition. That's why I pulled the trigger on it. But Google-for-everything is starting to be annoying. Since my main account is a Microsoft account, and my Gmail is for spam...

Like I said, my phone history sucks... :blush2:

Edited by Timotheus

yeeks .. greek tragedy Timo :oooo:... my brother actually picked up the pixel 3a...it was spectacular value, and he loves google software... i do too actually... but i understand how it can be too much or overwhelming... im constantly in conflict tween microsoft and google as our corporate software is microsoft and im constatntly having battles with my desk top that i mostly use for chatting and gaming  and my phone.  My phone constantly opens everything in safari and so when it wants to save passwords etc which i find very useful, it always conflicts with how my passwords are saved by my browser which is google on the desktop

:mafia:

gogo

p.s. just got an email informing that my credit card got dinged for another years worth of google storage data ...i think 100 gb for year 30 CAD or something... which I was so convinced I'd need just up to a few months ago when Covid hit now, and that huge demand that I was running through with videos and snaps of family because of vacations now... gone

:cry:

gogo

On 11/15/2020 at 2:10 PM, Timotheus said:

So, I glued the screen back on myself. Fiddly job, and I hope nobody ever finds out what it looks like below the screen :3lmao: 

Just now, Timotheus said:

So, I glued the screen back on myself. Fiddly job, and I hope nobody ever finds out what it looks like below the screen :3lmao: 

Wow!! lol thats ambitious man.. I've got no skills for delicate work like that...I in fact like to watch Jerry everything...and that single episode that he filmed featruing him TAKING OFF and gluing back on an apple watch screen had me gasping... all those kinds of glues and steady hand holding

:eek:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Ugh, what's actually worse in your eyes chattius, working at an actual fire or a chemical hazard?

For volunteer firefighters it is mainly a question of equipment and training. We can't train and equip for everything. Our main calls are normally car accidents, kitchen burns, wasp nests, .... We are so good at wasps, hornets and bee nests that even the professional firefighters call us when a nest has to be moved because the insects are protected and are replaced somewhere on the countryside. But we can delay the hornet rescue to a time outside work.

We can fight a small forest fire but not a big one. A small one is done by having a fast offroad vehicle with an installed high pressure water impulse gun. So the 500 litres are enough if only a few bushes are burning. Next step would be to move water containers near the fire and wait for more firefighters.

A third of the people at our company are volunteer firefighters. So the company has own firefighting equipment and trains for explosives and chemicals.

Fire, chemicals, car accidents, .... I prefer rescuing a nest of hornets...