Everything

Have you ever needed a break from quests and loot? Dude, do I have a game for you! A game without health bars and goals and stats. Well, there is two goals, to discover everything and eventually return to the golden gate. Anyway, I present a game that's not really even a game; it's more of an experience:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/582270/Everything/

There's not much I can really say about this game; it's an experience that I highly recommend. Some claim that they burst in tears, others talk about transcendental moments. I don't know about that, different strokes for different folks, but I can say that it's the most relaxed experience I've had on my computer. For the next few days (at least in my area) it's 75% off. I can honestly tell you that this is the best $4 I ever spent on a digital experience. A few of my customers have told me about :

https://store.steampowered.com/app/872060/Quiet_as_a_Stone/

That might a little more your speed. But I didn't want to create and destroy, I wanted a came where being was the only focus. Plus, I don't like buying a lot of games at once. I've got 7 days left until Evospace releases

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1013540/Evospace/

Granted, I already have a building game; Rising World. However, I no longer support that game, I'll never play it again, especially around customers. Granted, I'm not exactly losing sleep over this, but I've backed this game on here until recently, so I'm going to to tell you why I no longer support it. It's simple; I have no respect for liars who can't own up to their own mistakes. I'll give you a scenario using myself:

I sell minerals out of my own home, but I once owned a business. In my business, if you came to me and voiced that I didn't have the variety of other stores, and I both eluded to the fact that I was only a force of one person, and flat-out stated as such, one person means one person. But I wasn't just a one person team. I was the only gemologist, but I had buyers and marketing people, etc. There is only one developer in Rising World, but he's not the only person on the team. There's a person doing artwork, someone else doing something else, I think there's a total of four or five of them. No biggie, except both he and backers of the game use the excuse that he's a solo developer. They release on average, four or five updates a year. Guess what? I know solo developers, one person who handles everything, who release a greater amount of updates per year. In addition, the developer used the excuse that Steam did some nefarious act back in October that's slowed down updates. Granted, I don't know what Steam did or didn't do. But I see other indie studios doing just fine. Anyway, if I sold minerals at just one site, like Etsy.com, and they did something to seriously hamstring me, that very well might slow down my volume and variety of minerals. Even then, though, I wouldn't use them as an excuse, I'd tell my customers "I have a few hiccups I need to iron out, but I'll get this stuff sorted out as soon as I can. Y'all know me, ya can't keep this good ole boy down for long ;)" Anyway, the game isn't just sold on Steam; he's got his own site, there's a crap-ton of Youtube videos, articles, etc. There was even several mentions on some radio broadcast. Even then, guess what? Updates have been scant and scarce for five years before Steam supposedly ham-stringed the sales of the game. Why I've backed the game until now; I thought this was one person, doing the best that they could. Four or five updates per year, for the last five years, so what?! But it's not just one person, and I started to see excuses and blame being tossed around, and as much as I liked the game, the developer as well as the Steam community kind of makes me sick to my butt. So, if you look at that game, decide to buy it, or if you already own the game and love it, more power to you. But the reasons stated above are the reason why you'll never see another statement from me about Rising World.  

• Like! 1
On 2/7/2019 at 2:12 PM, Gilberticus said:

Have you ever needed a break from quests and loot? Dude, do I have a game for you! A game without health bars and goals and stats. Well, there is two goals, to discover everything and eventually return to the golden gate. Anyway, I present a game that's not really even a game; it's more of an experience:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/582270/Everything/

There's not much I can really say about this game; it's an experience that I highly recommend. Some claim that they burst in tears, others talk about transcendental moments. I don't know about that, different strokes for different folks, but I can say that it's the most relaxed experience I've had on my computer. For the next few days (at least in my area) it's 75% off. I can honestly tell you that this is the best $4 I ever spent on a digital experience. A few of my customers have told me about :

https://store.steampowered.com/app/872060/Quiet_as_a_Stone/

That might a little more your speed. But I didn't want to create and destroy, I wanted a came where being was the only focus. Plus, I don't like buying a lot of games at once. I've got 7 days left until Evospace releases

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1013540/Evospace/

Granted, I already have a building game; Rising World. However, I no longer support that game, I'll never play it again, especially around customers. Granted, I'm not exactly losing sleep over this, but I've backed this game on here until recently, so I'm going to to tell you why I no longer support it. It's simple; I have no respect for liars who can't own up to their own mistakes. I'll give you a scenario using myself:

I sell minerals out of my own home, but I once owned a business. In my business, if you came to me and voiced that I didn't have the variety of other stores, and I both eluded to the fact that I was only a force of one person, and flat-out stated as such, one person means one person. But I wasn't just a one person team. I was the only gemologist, but I had buyers and marketing people, etc. There is only one developer in Rising World, but he's not the only person on the team. There's a person doing artwork, someone else doing something else, I think there's a total of four or five of them. No biggie, except both he and backers of the game use the excuse that he's a solo developer. They release on average, four or five updates a year. Guess what? I know solo developers, one person who handles everything, who release a greater amount of updates per year. In addition, the developer used the excuse that Steam did some nefarious act back in October that's slowed down updates. Granted, I don't know what Steam did or didn't do. But I see other indie studios doing just fine. Anyway, if I sold minerals at just one site, like Etsy.com, and they did something to seriously hamstring me, that very well might slow down my volume and variety of minerals. Even then, though, I wouldn't use them as an excuse, I'd tell my customers "I have a few hiccups I need to iron out, but I'll get this stuff sorted out as soon as I can. Y'all know me, ya can't keep this good ole boy down for long ;)" Anyway, the game isn't just sold on Steam; he's got his own site, there's a crap-ton of Youtube videos, articles, etc. There was even several mentions on some radio broadcast. Even then, guess what? Updates have been scant and scarce for five years before Steam supposedly ham-stringed the sales of the game. Why I've backed the game until now; I thought this was one person, doing the best that they could. Four or five updates per year, for the last five years, so what?! But it's not just one person, and I started to see excuses and blame being tossed around, and as much as I liked the game, the developer as well as the Steam community kind of makes me sick to my butt. So, if you look at that game, decide to buy it, or if you already own the game and love it, more power to you. But the reasons stated above are the reason why you'll never see another statement from me about Rising World.  

Its quite a unique trailer, I've never seen anything quite like it.  You can become anything and ...just become that part and grow? 

heh, sounds like a kind of digital yoga

now..is there any kind of a demo, like old school Sacred?

:D

gogo

No demo, sadly. Yes, you can be anything. As far as the growing part, I haven't the foggiest, I haven't come across that yet. I can 1) sing to things, to form a friendship and transform into that thing, 2) Join things of my same type, and 3) With a flock of my same type, I can dance and give birth to more of my type. 

Now, some customers have said "I've seen you run around Skyrim, Ancaria, Common Wealth, even that game where you build houses n stuff. Why would you choose to float around as a butterfly or swim as an Orca? You don't even get to do anything as them (eat, sleep, etc) besides roam. You roam around as different crap, that's it!" Yep, on the surface, that pretty much sums it up. Others: "No, I get it. But, I can get a simple graphics design program and use the lectures of Alan Watts or anyone else as the soundtrack. This isn't anything that I can't do myself!" Cool, you're better at graphic design and animation than I am :) Others have said "it's like meditation, man, you can do that for free!" People are interesting subjects some times! I understand discussing hobbies, I can even understand going to someone to get an opinion. But what I'll never quite understand is why some think they'll succeed at dissuading you from liking crap you already own. I understand why they try, I'll just never understand why they think they'll succeed. 

2 hours ago, Gilberticus said:

No demo, sadly. Yes, you can be anything. As far as the growing part, I haven't the foggiest, I haven't come across that yet. I can 1) sing to things, to form a friendship and transform into that thing, 2) Join things of my same type, and 3) With a flock of my same type, I can dance and give birth to more of my type. 

Now, some customers have said "I've seen you run around Skyrim, Ancaria, Common Wealth, even that game where you build houses n stuff. Why would you choose to float around as a butterfly or swim as an Orca? You don't even get to do anything as them (eat, sleep, etc) besides roam. You roam around as different crap, that's it!" Yep, on the surface, that pretty much sums it up. Others: "No, I get it. But, I can get a simple graphics design program and use the lectures of Alan Watts or anyone else as the soundtrack. This isn't anything that I can't do myself!" Cool, you're better at graphic design and animation than I am :) Others have said "it's like meditation, man, you can do that for free!" People are interesting subjects some times! I understand discussing hobbies, I can even understand going to someone to get an opinion. But what I'll never quite understand is why some think they'll succeed at dissuading you from liking crap you already own. I understand why they try, I'll just never understand why they think they'll succeed. 

I was actually surprised with that narrative. It's not a usual run of the documentary or trailer type of voice, but I loved that it was so distinctive, different and unusual

:)

gogo

Do you have one of those old, familiar vinyls/cds/playlists  that you love, but you don't really listen to it any more to get lost in the music, you listen to it to get lost in yourself? That's what "Everything" is  like for me. I like the game, but I don't play the game for the game, I play the game to get lost in thought, or lost in myself. A friend said "Like Skyrim, right?" Dang, she and I must play Skyrim very differently! In Skyrim, I love myself in my character, while in Everything, I get lost in thought, lost in myself. I forget that I'm swimming as an angelfish, or hopping around as a marmot. Totally different scenarios.