What was your first RPG - Action?

I really liked "Skyrim" and "Oblivion" ... But the first one that marked my life was "The Faery Tale Adventure" ... It was years exploring this map !!! lolol
For those who do not know this relic ...

faerytaleadventure_small.png.5c1cf0318b54c8d572b12336ea1afd77.png                                 the-faery-tale-adventure-book-i_4.png.2d3992597e9228f3d3ac063f800ca60e.png           

I'm not sure what people consider rpg but I go back to zelda on NES. Then wolfenstein on pc. Then bloodrayne on ps2. My ex introduced me to diablo 2 back in 2003 then I went looking for more like it and discovered sacred. Now I've played sacred 2 and diablo 3 and I'm currently on path of exile.

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, Gilberticus said:

The Faery Tale Adventure was my first, on my Amiga. I never got a chance to play the sequel. 

I never did end it !!! lolol
And the password :) Huge ... The guy had to reserve a notebook just for password ... lololol
Still it was sensational !!
Image_120715_192411_00001.jpg.f935070340113b3da4665b1a47027245.jpg

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Veracious said:

I'm not sure what people consider rpg but I go back to zelda on NES. Then wolfenstein on pc. Then bloodrayne on ps2. My ex introduced me to diablo 2 back in 2003 then I went looking for more like it and discovered sacred. Now I've played sacred 2 and diablo 3 and I'm currently on path of exile.

Speaking of Zelda ... It is said that "Zelda -Breath of the Wild" is excellent. Have you played?

My first RPG was Sacred 2. I was a bit lost at first because the discs came with minimal instructions on game play. Before that I played FPS games: Doom, Doom II, Quake, Quake II, Quake III Arena, and then Call of Duty World At War. I have also played Nier: Automata and Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. Sacred 2 is without a doubt my all time favorite game.

• Like! 1

Ahhh. Friday... sit down down time and a chance to read and dig into the posts :superman: I get to mirror and get some acknowledgement from other postings in this topic.. Sacred it was, first and foremost, and thats where it will always be! Only reason I got into it was because parents got me a computer, and at the time, getting downloads from online sites was the big thing... dunno how many games I went through, but after seeing Sacred in game and getting to launch a bow and arrow from a horse that was fully mobile, took my breath away.  Not only did that moment change the world I saw through the screen, but sacred also came with an online community and... Hard Core!.  I remember seeing that instead of just playing single person, it was possible to meet up with others...but open just meant everytime I died I could just press reset and I would just come back to life... I got bored of this after a few weeks and during that time the Sacred Forum sucked me in full time...just could not get getting over reading posts and quickly found myself as breathless as how I was the first time I was playing the demo... course one day I saw a pic of a super high level Seraphim with the words Hard Core on it... we found that well-hidden strangely placed skull, its eyes lit up and the world of Hard Core emerged.

World's never been the same since

:gogo:

gogo

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Ahhh. Friday... sit down down time and a chance to read and dig into the posts :superman: I get to mirror and get some acknowledgement from other postings in this topic.. Sacred it was, first and foremost, and thats where it will always be! Only reason I got into it was because parents got me a computer, and at the time, getting downloads from online sites was the big thing... dunno how many games I went through, but after seeing Sacred in game and getting to launch a bow and arrow from a horse that was fully mobile, took my breath away.  Not only did that moment change the world I saw through the screen, but sacred also came with an online community and... Hard Core!.  I remember seeing that instead of just playing single person, it was possible to meet up with others...but open just meant everytime I died I could just press reset and I would just come back to life... I got bored of this after a few weeks and during that time the Sacred Forum sucked me in full time...just could not get getting over reading posts and quickly found myself as breathless as how I was the first time I was playing the demo... course one day I saw a pic of a super high level Seraphim with the words Hard Core on it... we found that well-hidden strangely placed skull, its eyes lit up and the world of Hard Core emerged.

World's never been the same since

:gogo:

gogo

tenor.gif.51e6140da1a35b907a6b7b794e89cd8f.gif

• Like! 1
10 hours ago, vagnerhammer said:

tenor.gif.51e6140da1a35b907a6b7b794e89cd8f.gif

lol...that post was therapy

:4rofl:

gogo

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, vagnerhammer said:

And the "Sacred 3" ... Is anyone there playing? :smile::smile:  
Is it my impression or the "Sacred 3" cease to be "open world"?:sick:

Game_2580.png.29ca5d57db8f17874d097e3abfc9a7f3.png

Your answer may be found here: Sacred 3

• Thanks! 1

Don't know if MAngband fits

Multiplayer version of Angband.  Rogue -> Larn -> Moria -> Angband (all turn based with ascii 'graphics'). I compiled those from the legendary Fish Discs for the families Amiga 1000 and did some code changes requested by my siblings. . Then like 25 years ago a multiplayer version came and was played at the SUN workstations of the university.  My favourite (and most hated character by others) was an halfling rogue with a bow. When enemies were damaged by mages who retreat to restore mana I sneaked in for the kill and loot.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

ARPG maybe Diablo 1.  Before then I played SSI gold box dungeons and dragons based RPGs.  I played Legend of Zelda the first Nintendo game where you needed a memory cartridge and did not start from the very beginning Every.  Single. Time. You. Played. The. Game.

• Like! 1