What was your first RPG - Action?

The Bard's Tale III - A Quest for Coin and Cleavage

To refresh his number of songs a Bard has to drink alcohol and the quest goal... Political correctness for young gamers should be different.... ;)

26GamesB.jpg?w=666&ssl=1

• 2 weeks later...

I played puzzle and action games on PS1 and fighting games on arcade when I was very young but for ARPGs its Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction. I was in 3rd grade then, still too impressionable and my parents were very religious I still wonder to this day how my older brother got to install D2 on our PC. It's literally called the 'devil'. Needless to say my parents were mad about it but there were days both of them were out I can ask one of my brothers to teach me how to play. It seemed interesting but complicated for my simple brain. My first character was a Druid using Poison Creeper thinking it was a nasty worm because it had teeth. I was unable to monitor my life orb because the whacking was more fun to watch. One of my brothers always had to intervene when monsters start to gang up on me.

The fear of dying in-game got ingrained at a tender age so for a very long time I had this notion that melee characters were more difficult. Well, in the case of D2 it actually is. I started playing the Sorceress and the rest is well ... my profile pic explains my relationship with that game.