Battle Mage best combact arts

Hi there! I'm a new member of Darkmatters and a new player from Sacred (I play for two months) and I just finished the campaign at the "gold" level with my Battle Mage. I used several combact arts and I wanted to know which ones are best according to you. 

My favorites are:

Spoiler

Excuse me for the grammar, but I'm Italian.  ;)

• Like! 1

Welcome to the forum. Have you tried any of the guides? I've used a gust of wind BM, Epox's thunder boy (lightning strike) and the flame spiral BM.

Ice shards are probably the strongest combat art in terms of damage and regen times - stronger than fireballs. Fire spiral regen times are high but in a combo are one of the best boss killers. Lightning strike starts very weak in damage but is good vs mobs if you use ring of ice. Gust of wind has the disadvantage of pushing monsters back but is good vs monsters with little poison resistance.

• Like! 1
On 2/21/2019 at 12:13 PM, Mare said:

Hi there! I'm a new member of Darkmatters and a new player from Sacred (I play for two months) and I just finished the campaign at the "gold" level with my Battle Mage. I used several combact arts and I wanted to know which ones are best according to you. 

My favorites are:

Reveal hidden contents

Love that you're into this game! I remember spending so many many seeming-hundreds of hours online with friends playing this game in the closed servers, and a Battle Mage was always fun to have around... in fact when they cast ghost meadow on us, huge reduction in regen was just fantastic...they made for great best online friends!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

when they cast ghost meadow on us, huge reduction in regen was just fantastic...they made for great best online friends

Yeah, and don't forget the "Spiritual Healing" that fill the HP bar!

Edited by Mare
removed a mistake
10 minutes ago, Mare said:

I killed the Sakkara demon using only fireballs, and the same with Anducar, so I think Fireballs are special...

It’s amazing how fast they can shoot.  Sacred 2 had no speed like that.., I remember trying to make some pyro builds with fireballs only but it was never quite the same 

🤓

gogo

It's right! The regeneration time is from 1.5 to 2 sec; but one shoot is enough to kill a medium enemy !!!

Also, Fireballs are very useful to cook your dinner if the oven is broken!

:wizard:

• 2 months later...

We completely forget a so helpful combat art...  the phase shift! It's perfect when you have to go after a wall, but the gate is far!

:cool:

On 5/4/2019 at 9:52 AM, Mare said:

We completely forget a so helpful combat art...  the phase shift! It's perfect when you have to go after a wall, but the gate is far!

:cool:

Schot's favorite build was anything that give him strong melee powers as well...and when the bylet's set came out.. burning bones became his favorite mod in game.... stacking in Sacred was so much fun...and Ascaron got it right early with us being able to buff each other and build support toons that helped folks out readily in Hard Core...where one death meant you lost it all

:oooo:

gogo

15 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Schot's favorite build was anything that give him strong melee powers as well...and when the bylet's set came out.. burning bones became his favorite mod in game.... stacking in Sacred was so much fun...and Ascaron got it right early with us being able to buff each other and build support toons that helped folks out readily in Hard Core...where one death meant you lost it all

:oooo:

gogo

hmmm.... I think the best set for melee powers is Relmin's one, because it gives the armor ability. I made tank bm builds lot of time with that set.

:wizard: >>>> :paladin:

Edited by Mare
  • 4 weeks later...

Some might say BM's most devastating Combat Art isn't actually a C/A and shows-up in the skill list instead! You know what I'm talking about. In my days as a BM, What I enjoyed most apart from fireballing the horde into oblivion was to don my Mammons and slide into the Bravemart - another thing Ascaron got right:bow:.

5 hours ago, iFLAME said:

Some might say BM's most devastating Combat Art isn't actually a C/A and shows-up in the skill list instead! You know what I'm talking about. In my days as a BM, What I enjoyed most apart from fireballing the horde into oblivion was to don my Mammons and slide into the Bravemart - another thing Ascaron got right:bow:.

You're right! I'm currently playing with a bm, in platinum difficulty level. I have to say that the more you go on with the difficulty levels, the easier is the game. 

On 5/6/2019 at 7:43 PM, Mare said:

hmmm.... I think the best set for melee powers is Relmin's one, because it gives the armor ability. I made tank bm builds lot of time with that set.

:wizard: >>>> :paladin:

I've taken weapon lore as a skill in the past, if only to justify the "Battle" part of the Battle Mage. Adds a bit of variety in case you're bored with your Ghost-meadow/Flameskin/Fireball (or whatever you're going with) routine; However in my experience, the fun starts to fade as soon as you face tough opponents in numbers and you return to your mage-self to get out of Dodge. So, I'm kinda curious in knowing how far your "tanks" managed to go even with the Armor bonus from Relmin's!

10 hours ago, iFLAME said:

I've taken weapon lore as a skill in the past, if only to justify the "Battle" part of the Battle Mage. Adds a bit of variety in case you're bored with your Ghost-meadow/Flameskin/Fireball (or whatever you're going with) routine; However in my experience, the fun starts to fade as soon as you face tough opponents in numbers and you return to your mage-self to get out of Dodge. So, I'm kinda curious in knowing how far your "tanks" managed to go even with the Armor bonus from Relmin's!

Actually, I've used relmin's set during the golden campaign with the same bm that now im using in platinum.