PizzaMatters

Mare

What is your favorite food?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite food?

On 2/25/2019 at 5:53 PM, Mare said:

Write here your glorification/condemnation of pizza!

:)

Reveal hidden contents

Do you ever make your own pizza , Mare? I know a few of my friends have fallen in love with dough making

gogo

15 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Do you ever make your own pizza , Mare? I know a few of my friends have fallen in love with dough making

gogo

Yeah, sometimes I make my own pizza, but it isn't as good as a pizzeria's. :sob:

I've never tried to make the dough myself....   I think it may be quite difficult!  

:D

On 2/27/2019 at 9:41 PM, Dragon Brother said:

You might actually find making the dough is easier than you think, especially if you have a KitchenAid or similar mechanical mixing device. Even so, the recipe is usually quite basic (flour, yeast, oil, salt, warm water) and requires not much more than mixing / kneading and then being left to rise. And it tastes sooooooo much better than a pre-made partially cooked base you might buy at your supermarket.

The next time I'll try.

:P

On 2/27/2019 at 3:41 PM, Dragon Brother said:

You might actually find making the dough is easier than you think, especially if you have a KitchenAid or similar mechanical mixing device. Even so, the recipe is usually quite basic (flour, yeast, oil, salt, warm water) and requires not much more than mixing / kneading and then being left to rise. And it tastes sooooooo much better than a pre-made partially cooked base you might buy at your supermarket.

always wanted to make the dough myself...though think Id so quickly over indulge

:4rofl:

gogo

12 hours ago, gogoblender said:

always wanted to make the dough myself...though think Id so quickly over indulge

:4rofl:

gogo

19 hours ago, Mare said:

The next time I'll try.

:P

On 2/27/2019 at 9:41 PM, Dragon Brother said:

Anyway, the dough by my supermarket is handmade every two hours and it's really good. That supermarket has fresh bakery and pastry made by them. 

4 hours ago, Mare said:

Anyway, the dough by my supermarket is handmade every two hours and it's really good. That supermarket has fresh bakery and pastry made by them. 

lucky!

I dont think Ive further pursused how fresh the dough being used at my grocery store is, but Ill inquire. Though being only a six minute walk from a pizza store makes going there a terrific draw

:drool:

gogo

7 hours ago, Timotheus said:

You mean a pizza isn’t considered a single serving :4rofl::blush:

eeeeeeeeeeh, ... lately ive seemed to acquire a invulnerability to slices...must... hold...back...

:lol:

gogo

2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

lucky!

I dont think Ive further pursused how fresh the dough being used at my grocery store is, but Ill inquire. Though being only a six minute walk from a pizza store makes going there a terrific draw

gogo

Yeah, pizza's a cultural attraction! Look at this ...   :bow:

tenor.gif.2a1b8637fd600030dfe887befd0c4661.gif

Damn, it's larger than my house!

I heard of it on the television news some years ago... I'd like to be able to eat it ...

Spoiler

I imagine the fights to get a slice of that  :starwars:

• Like! 1
58 minutes ago, chattius said:

Our village has still a baking house and we heat it from time to time. Yesterday was such a day. When the wood is nearly burned down it is pushed to the back. To check the heat for the bread baking a small cookie from bread dough is used. It is baken while there are still flames. It is layed wirh bacon, leech, onions, sour cream, ...  

The German name is Flammkuchen (flame cookie), French variant is tarte flambee and in our slang it has several names, depending on what is layed on. I prefer to use onions, greenback and Handkäse for my very special Zwiwwelblootz. Zwiwwel is our word for Zwiebel (onion) and a blootz is a sort of a plate.

So not a real Pizza, but since tomato, basilicum , Frutti die mare, Salami were not used at our place a century ago it is as close as it can get.

And sorry to all the Italians who are proud for their Pizza skills. Nothing beats the taste of a Zwiweelblootz. because it is not only the taste which counts. It is the togetherness of the Village. Kids collect Wood, men heat the oven, women do the dough, lot of laughing and talking while waiting. All this adds mentally to the taste. 

Bet you can get the same feeling with a Pizza. But the statutes of the baking house club says only recipes from the region ;)

20090920-IMG_0756-Bearbeitet-2.jpg

The celestial taste of a Pizza (A true Neapolitan Pizza) is  hard to beat, but I'm curious  of that Zwiweelblootz because, looking at the picture, it looks very good! 

• Like! 1

The best Pizza I ever ate was in Florence, in a small restaurant called "Nome" I'll never forget that deliciousness!

What about your best Pizza ever?

18 hours ago, chattius said:

Our village has still a baking house and we heat it from time to time. Yesterday was such a day. When the wood is nearly burned down it is pushed to the back. To check the heat for the bread baking a small cookie from bread dough is used. It is baken while there are still flames. It is layed wirh bacon, leech, onions, sour cream, ...  

The German name is Flammkuchen (flame cookie), French variant is tarte flambee and in our slang it has several names, depending on what is layed on. I prefer to use onions, greenback and Handkäse for my very special Zwiwwelblootz. Zwiwwel is our word for Zwiebel (onion) and a blootz is a sort of a plate.

So not a real Pizza, but since tomato, basilicum , Frutti die mare, Salami were not used at our place a century ago it is as close as it can get.

And sorry to all the Italians who are proud for their Pizza skills. Nothing beats the taste of a Zwiweelblootz. because it is not only the taste which counts. It is the togetherness of the Village. Kids collect Wood, men heat the oven, women do the dough, lot of laughing and talking while waiting. All this adds mentally to the taste. 

Bet you can get the same feeling with a Pizza. But the statutes of the baking house club says only recipes from the region ;)

20090920-IMG_0756-Bearbeitet-2.jpg

Looks great!

I also love how proud you are of its flavor.  We have some eastern deli's near me, I'll see if I can hunt something up

gogo

Flying to London City airport from Schiphol airport in a few minutes, grabbed a surprisingly good bit of pizza as dinner. I know where I’ll be getting food next time we’ll be flying from Schiphol :D

22 minutes ago, Timotheus said:

Flying to London City airport from Schiphol airport in a few minutes, grabbed a surprisingly good bit of pizza as dinner. I know where I’ll be getting food next time we’ll be flying from Schiphol :D

Love that airport...and love pronouncing it in front of my friends cuz it sounds nothing like its' spelled :lol:  I remember we used KLM a lot to get to Sri Lanka when we were kids, and they used to give out those die cast metal klm airplanes... natty!

What kind of pizza was it?

not a long flight eh?

:D

gogo

17 minutes ago, Timotheus said:

Just an hour my dude :thumbsup:the drive to the airport took us as long as the flight itself.

We shared slices: regular margharita and a pepperoni

thats such the awesome thing about Europe... a one hour flight can land you smack dab in the whole middle of another language, culture, food.. country!

:dance:

gogo

• The title was changed to PizzaMatters