Androdion

Making Ancaria great again

Posted (edited)

Probably, but I won't be testing this because I am a loot addict and I love extra drops :)

My only issue is figuring out how to edit the blueprints file without screwing it up to fix things like the helmet for the Seraphim's Seriash set being called Chestplate of the Seriash (there's some other oddly named items, such as some of the Legendary items having "Blade of" when it's a mace requiring Hafted).

Edited by thejynxed
  • Like! 1

4 hours ago, Androdion said:

I'll see if I can give it a go tomorrow as I have a day off work. I'm curious though, what about those items that fall into "4." that are fixed drops/quest rewards? What happens to those with this mod? Does it work like we've talked before, fixed drops are unaltered and can be placed here and there, but the items just won't drop regularly from RNG loot?

If there's a quest reward that is a Community Patch fan-made item, it would still drop, since those are handled in quest.txt.  There's not that many such items though, just the ones in CM Patch quests, like lightsabers.

I should note this wasn't made for Enhanced Edition.  Though it would technically work, it would break a lot of other EE changes, like the rare & unique damage converters, and expanded shopkeep selection (potions, shields, etc.).

Gotcha, it's like that talk we had about the drop lists being on separate files.

I'll try to give you some feedback as soon as I can.

4 hours ago, thejynxed said:

Probably, but I won't be testing this because I am a loot addict and I love extra drops :)

My only issue is figuring out how to edit the blueprints file without screwing it up to fix things like the helmet for the Seraphim's Seriash set being called Chestplate of the Seriash (there's some other oddly named items, such as some of the Legendary items having "Blade of" when it's a mace requiring Hafted).

If you want to edit names, it's not done in blueprint.txt.  It's done in the global.res file using s2rw.exe.  

I know what you're talking about.  Soorn's Doombringer is a sword while Soorn's Righteous Blade is a club.  I swapped the names in my mod Diablo 2 Fallen because it bugged me so much.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Flix said:

If you want to edit names, it's not done in blueprint.txt.  It's done in the global.res file using s2rw.exe.  

I know what you're talking about.  Soorn's Doombringer is a sword while Soorn's Righteous Blade is a club.  I swapped the names in my mod Diablo 2 Fallen because it bugged me so much.

Is this something that can be fixed in a future CM Patch then? I really do not want to mess with compiled game files myself.

Edited by thejynxed

1 hour ago, thejynxed said:

Is this something that can be fixed in a future CM Patch then? I really do not want to mess with compiled game files myself.

I don't think there will be another CM Patch.  We split apart due to too many creative differences.  We each have our own mods that we continue to funnel fixes and changes into.

That's a shame, because there is still annoying crap that I know both you and Dimitrius have fixed in your respective EE & Addendum that is not in the CM but I haven't installed either because of the CA changes or in the case of Dimitrius the Blacksmith stuff.

10 hours ago, thejynxed said:

fix things like the helmet for the Seraphim's Seriash set being called Chestplate of the Seriash

Just FYI I looked into this and everything is named correctly.  The helmet is "Helmet of the Seraish" and the chest is "Fighting Cuirass of the Seraish"  Do you have a screenshot of what you're seeing?

I had barely started a Guardian run and already I had a Cassis drop on me. Granted this is the SW with which I've been running EE 2.1, but I've removed that mod and only applied the Vanilla Drops. Still, I got that drop right away. I also got a Darkened Soul as a legendary, isn't it supposed to be a unique (unlock) or am I missing something?

18 minutes ago, Androdion said:

I had barely started a Guardian run and already I had a Cassis drop on me. Granted this is the SW with which I've been running EE 2.1, but I've removed that mod and only applied the Vanilla Drops. Still, I got that drop right away. I also got a Darkened Soul as a legendary, isn't it supposed to be a unique (unlock) or am I missing something?

I left Centurio's Insignia in the game.  I believe that one had been created by devs, just wasn't dropping until CM Patch.  Same with Kendric's Archon, Memories of the Trees, and Equilibrium.  All the rest of the CM sets should be gone.

As for CM uniques, only Mountain Man's Slippers, Well-worn Hat, Bugslayer, Hammer of the Righteous, Bringer of Light, those three jewelry pieces, and the Dragon Mage missing stuff (Bunny Ears, Scribe Bracers of Atherton, Christmas set) remain.

For CM Legendaries, it's only the half-dozen or so jewelry pieces that the CM Patch made droppable that remain.

For your second question, there is a tier of item between Unique (tier 13) and Legendary (tier 15).  These are tier 14 items, and they can, strangely, drop as both unique or legendary.  Here are some examples:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Hammer_of_the_Righteous

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Bugslayer

When this happens, there's no difference in stats, just item name color.  Silver Fox speculated that when received as a quest reward (coming from quest.txt), they showed up as Legendary, if dropped from monsters or chests (from drop.txt), they showed up as Unique.  Many of the Unlock items are tier 14.

So far so good then. Time to get some sleep, I'll see if I manage to drop some runs tomorrow. I'm running Niob around level 140 so loot is good.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Flix said:

Just FYI I looked into this and everything is named correctly.  The helmet is "Helmet of the Seraish" and the chest is "Fighting Cuirass of the Seraish"  Do you have a screenshot of what you're seeing?

This is what I get for playing while drunk: The item is actually in the Infinite Revenge set and the helmet is called Chestplate of Fury while the actual chest piece is called Light Battle Plate. Now I am trying to figure out how to screenshot with the UI present, because for some reason it is not present when I take one by using the in-game keybind.

Edited by thejynxed

It's this one: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Infinite_Revenge

Just made a few Guardian runs, first one I had a chest piece from the Pandamonium's Pride set drop. And I got another legendary, so two in half a dozen runs.

PS: Just got the gloves for the set as well, and that one shouldn't be dropping. The restored content includes everything like fist and throw weapons right?

Posted (edited)

Well, fist weapons themselves have a definition in the code, but it was rendered null during dev for some reason, so I think from what I've seen the workaround was taking them and defining them as a type of Sword (the skins, etc for them are all present in the original game files from what I can tell). I know that in my old physical media edition of Sacred 2, some NPCs didn't quite work properly because in creatureinfo.txt they were defined to use a no longer existent fist weapon as a defined slot, so they just didn't attack but stood around like dopes.

As for the gear, yes, it's that one, I still can't believe someone called a helmet piece a chestplate.

Still sadface they officially scrapped fist weapons and saddles during Sacred 2 development, both were two things that set apart Sacred from competing ARPG loot schemes.

Edited by thejynxed

2 hours ago, Androdion said:

Just made a few Guardian runs, first one I had a chest piece from the Pandamonium's Pride set drop. And I got another legendary, so two in half a dozen runs.

PS: Just got the gloves for the set as well, and that one shouldn't be dropping. The restored content includes everything like fist and throw weapons right?

Pandemonium's Pride is still dropping as well.  It's developer made.  I thought I removed it but I was thinking of Kanka's Relics, which was semi-complete but the bonuses were invented (and way overpowered, like the mutation sets).

Fist and throwing weapons still exist but only as random normal/magic/rare because all the unique, set, and legendaries are fan inventions.

7 minutes ago, thejynxed said:

As for the gear, yes, it's that one, I still can't believe someone called a helmet piece a chestplate.

I just can't believe no one noticed or said anything until now.  It's plain that it's a bug.  Will fix it in EE 2.2.

Posted (edited)

I just went out on a limb and figured out how to use the decompiler to edit it myself, also fixed a few of the others like was mentioned earlier with maces being called blades, etc.

Now my testing of my edited global.res will have to wait until I play my Seraphim again, doing some runs on my Inquisitor, because in all of the years playing Sacred 2 I never bothered to complete the Shadow Campaign >.>

Did my test, is of great success - items are named as they should have been and drop normally so I didn't screw anything up that I know of.

Edited by thejynxed
  • Like! 1
  • Respect! 1

On 4/15/2019 at 10:20 PM, Flix said:

OK here it is:

@Androdion @Hooyaah  I decided to do this based mainly on your feedback, so I'd appreciate if you give it a try.

My High Elf is up to level 22 now and there is definitely a huge improvement. I even had Artamark's Star drop which is extremely rare with all the added fan-based jewelry having been thrown into the mix before this mod. I will keep plugging along an provide additional feedback.

• Thanks! 1

I am now getting drops with vanilla armor and weapons. The mod is working well as designed, good sir Flix! Kudos and thank you for your tireless efforts.

Nice work Flix, it's great to see you were able to come up with a way of providing this option to players, without requiring a backbreaking amount of labour for yourself!

Truly awesome work!!

• Thanks! 1

On 4/20/2019 at 9:06 PM, Hooyaah said:

My High Elf is up to level 22 now and there is definitely a huge improvement. I even had Artamark's Star drop which is extremely rare with all the added fan-based jewelry having been thrown into the mix before this mod. I will keep plugging along an provide additional feedback.

I have like 30 of those things ranging in a variety of levels and difficulty tiers as the source. Amulet of the Seriash on the other hand, is my most coveted jewelry piece for my Seraphim toons and finding those is like a needle in a haystack. I am sure though if I tweaked up the overall drop rates for tier 14 in my balance.txt (I have it set really low currently in favor of tier 15 drops) I'd probably find more than I do.

48 minutes ago, thejynxed said:

I have like 30 of those things ranging in a variety of levels and difficulty tiers as the source. Amulet of the Seriash on the other hand, is my most coveted jewelry piece for my Seraphim toons and finding those is like a needle in a haystack. I am sure though if I tweaked up the overall drop rates for tier 14 in my balance.txt (I have it set really low currently in favor of tier 15 drops) I'd probably find more than I do.

Yeah, there weren't THAT many unique jewelry pieces added in CM Patch, just those set items from the mini-sets (about 12 amulets and 15 rings).  There's just already like 100 vanilla unique rings and 100 amulets right from the start.

I'll double check Amulet of the Sereish on the off-chance it's missing from some drop lists - as many tier 14 and 15 jewelry pieces were until CM 1.60.

EDIT: Nah, it looks fine.  It's not even tier 14, just plain ol' tier 13 unique.  Since the weargroup is listed as Seraphim Only though, the chances of it dropping for any character other than a Seraphim are extremely low.

40 minutes ago, Flix said:

Yeah, there weren't THAT many unique jewelry pieces added in CM Patch, just those set items from the mini-sets (about 12 amulets and 15 rings).  There's just already like 100 vanilla unique rings and 100 amulets right from the start.

I'll double check Amulet of the Sereish on the off-chance it's missing from some drop lists - as many tier 14 and 15 jewelry pieces were until CM 1.60.

EDIT: Nah, it looks fine.  It's not even tier 14, just plain ol' tier 13 unique.  Since the weargroup is listed as Seraphim Only though, the chances of it dropping for any character other than a Seraphim are extremely low.

Yeah, which my other modified bit comes in handy, setting drops for characters to 1000 (but there still remains a tiny chance of some dropping for other classes for whatever reason).