Torchlight Frontiers

Hi everyone, it's been a while,  again :)

Hope you're all fine..

ever heard of Torchlight Frontiers?

https://www.torchlightfrontiers.com

Developed by Echtra Games (founded by a bunch of people that were working over at Runic Games as well), and published by Perfect World..

some of the developers & artists working there were also involved in games such as Diablo, Fate, Hobs, and .. Mythos ;)

just like the aforementioned games, Torchlight Frontiers is going to be a  "3D Iso-view  hack&slash action RPG" , but with a larger focus on online multiplayer experience

just recently, March 5th,  the Closed Alpha 3 started,

they were sending out the next wave of keys, and guess what, I got selected :)

Can't wait to check it out, already installed, launched and played the first quest, but it's too late & I'm too tired now.. gotta work tomorrow ^^

If interested, you can still sign up for alpha/beta test, and maybe you get selected in one of the next waves..

currently, they mostly do it account bound tho, so if you get selected they just unlock your account to grant access so no key ( to give away if you redecide eg.)

however, they still give out keys to fansites and magazines, I guess..

btw, with Alpha 3 the NDA has been lifted, you might find more infos & gameplay reviews etc pretty soon across the net..

cya around :)

Bob

12 hours ago, Rotluchs said:

Hi everyone, it's been a while,  again :)

Hope you're all fine..

ever heard of Torchlight Frontiers?

https://www.torchlightfrontiers.com

Developed by Echtra Games (founded by a bunch of people that were working over at Runic Games as well), and published by Perfect World..

some of the developers & artists working there were also involved in games such as Diablo, Fate, Hobs, and .. Mythos ;)

just like the aforementioned games, Torchlight Frontiers is going to be a  "3D Iso-view  hack&slash action RPG" , but with a larger focus on online multiplayer experience

just recently, March 5th,  the Closed Alpha 3 started,

they were sending out the next wave of keys, and guess what, I got selected :)

Can't wait to check it out, already installed, launched and played the first quest, but it's too late & I'm too tired now.. gotta work tomorrow ^^

If interested, you can still sign up for alpha/beta test, and maybe you get selected in one of the next waves..

currently, they mostly do it account bound tho, so if you get selected they just unlock your account to grant access so no key ( to give away if you redecide eg.)

however, they still give out keys to fansites and magazines, I guess..

btw, with Alpha 3 the NDA has been lifted, you might find more infos & gameplay reviews etc pretty soon across the net..

cya around :)

Bob

Hiya Rotluchs!

Good seeing ya :bounce:  I see the game style is kind of reminiscent of it's forebears...which means good game play and the cute graphics

image.png

... I'm not so much one for alpha's, I'm really kind of stuck on OverWatch these days, but can you tell us how your adventures go?

:)

gogo

6 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Ah the old torchloght games were good fun for the money, I’ll probably end up buying this one as well. 

@gogoblender is overwatch that much fun? :) how long have you been playing?

I remember when the torchlights first came out we were crazy hungry for them...just that we had Sacred on our plates, and it was a huge plate :blink:

We play OW almost..*gulp* every day...its not at all a arpg or a rpg..its just something that you start up can get into for a while then leave. its a fast FPS...but its blizzard, and is so smooth

:D

gogo

• 10 months later...