Hi everyone, just another Sacred lover here.

I'm so impressed by the work many people have done on this site to keep this game updated, fresh and keeping this site going for the myriad of questions people have regarding this game due to its complexity and sometimes confusing mechanics etc.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this but I posted a question on a page regarding Dimitrius's CM Patch Addendum and I thought if I mention it here too people might be more likely to see it, it was basically just regarding the blacksmithing arts and how they are edited. If anyone knows how it is done that would be great, but I suspect it will be difficult and confusing rather than editing things in spells txt and balance txt for example. 

Thanks.

Welcome Kerrod, I read your question and you may come to understand a bit more as to why some of the changes were made that you find somewhat inconvenient if you peruse this page in the topic above to which you posted a link: Dimitrius's CM Patch Addendum.

Some others have questioned the changes and are finding it contrary to the manner in which they had become accustomed to playing the game. I has been proposed that a possible solution would be to have a more simplified patch that would have a more minimized change to the original Sacred 2 Ice & Blood which would still ensure game stability. There is, however, no date proposed for such a release if any.

Welcome to DarkMatters Kerrod.

Hope you find answers to all your Sacred related questions!

Thanks for your help and the welcome you two, I don't want to come across as ungrateful because I know how much work must go into any kind of mod / patch such as this but I just felt maybe some of the changes to how the characters work such as the blacksmith arts and the spells were maybe a bit much.

The blacksmith arts I think I will get used to and it is something new and interesting, however the changes that were made to how certain CA's get stronger through Ancient Magic instead of Tactics Lore I found to be unworkable for my hybrid builds due to skill slot limitations (I didn't have room for both Tactics Lore & Ancient Magic), so I edited back just the spells that were changed to work off Tactics Lore in spells txt.

Edited by KerrodWilloughby

You are welcome Kerrod. Not everyone agrees with the changes that you mentioned, yet the intention was, and should always continue to be, to amend the game into what must have been the original intent of the developers. Many of the issues that have been "fixed" to this point had existed due to a lack of communications during the game's building and its rush to market before so many of the "loose ends" were tidied up.

On 3/9/2019 at 5:54 AM, KerrodWilloughby said:

I'm so impressed by the work many people have done on this site to keep this game updated, fresh and keeping this site going for the myriad of questions people have regarding this game due to its complexity and sometimes confusing mechanics etc.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this but I posted a question on a page regarding Dimitrius's CM Patch Addendum and I thought if I mention it here too people might be more likely to see it, it was basically just regarding the blacksmithing arts and how they are edited. If anyone knows how it is done that would be great, but I suspect it will be difficult and confusing rather than editing things in spells txt and balance txt for example. 

Thanks.

Happy to have you here on the boards, Kerrod! We're perhaps a far trod from the main stream, but you've met up with the one of the last bastions of Sacredness on the net... welcome to DarkMatters! Also really happy to read that you're enjoying the members' work as mods.  CMPatch was originally built to repair so many errors in the game, and this was generously attended to with a huge team of volunteers over the years, and which in fact still happens with members always adding their mods.

I hope you find the balance you're looking for, and, as well, I saw that you wanted to get to a post where more might see your topic... you have it now, so I've separated your own intro from Mare's and its here now all alight upon its own thread.

Thanks again for your intro and question, and hoping you enjoy your time here with our awesome community!

:)

gogo

Thank you everyone for the helpful and kind words. 

In my own small way I hope to help if I can,  if I found the answers I was looking for such as editing the blacksmith arts my intention was to simply post the findings so other people that may have been wondering the same thing could figure out how to do it too. 

From my limited understanding I can see all the cm patch fixes and mods that people have posted must have taken so much time and effort and probably a good bit of trial and error aswell. 

Just from some personal tweaks I have done for myself on balance and spells txt it has taken me a few days to look into it all properly, test what effect the changes I have done and look at it in the bigger picture of balance and retweak accordingly until I got it right. 

There is so much to sacred especially to say it is now an old game and it's a shame you can see how many holes were left from the developers before the cm patch and such. 

Out of curiosity if I did find things out to do with editing the game where would be the correct / best place to put it so people who may want help or were just curious about that topic can see it? 

For example one of my tweaks involves pushing platinum level enemies up to 200 - 205 range in the top areas and niob been pushed to the maximum %100 survival bonus seems to allow - +36 lvls from level 200, in the top areas such as blood forest and wastelands and I thought that might be an interesting thing for people to know, it definitely gives you more reason to want to push to level 200 and to still want to play when you do get there, especially if you rebalance the level 100 + experience gain penalty to instead be neutral or close to it instead of a penalty. 

I don't  want to post anything in the wrong place or 'clutter' things up or anything. 

Thanks.