Thorin Oakshield

New project: Getting a DW seraphim to Niob

What confusion?! You said yourself that you entered Platinum with a level 39 toon.

A few things I can see from your screenshots:

• Is Battle Stance maxed out at level 10 with the Focus skill at level 25? If not then raise it to the max level without penalty.
  • Why no love for Dashing Alacrity? That's like your best way to get buffed for tougher fights!
  • I assume you're waiting for RTF to pump it up, but you can keep Divine Protection at a higher level since all you keep adding to it in terms of regen penalty is the cast time, and since you need to wait for the cooldown anyway and already have RpH kicking in then that shouldn't be an issue.
  • I know it feels like I'm insisting too much on this matter but keeping DW at char level will not only increase the attack speed, and subsequently your DPS, but also increase the cast speed on PS, so it's actually very useful. Plus it also raises the attack value, which multiplies furthermore with Battle Stance, which makes melee strikes easier to hit so you get to kill things faster anyway. Bottom line is, you get to kill things faster with a higher DW value.
  • I'll keep saying as well that char level Constitution trumps CR any day of the week, as Constitution mastery beats evasion in terms of being able to stay alive.

Those are just my opinions on your build, nothing more. My main advice is to keep having fun with it. :D

I use Toughness/Constitution/Speed Lore/Damage Lore/Dual Wield, with Blacksmithing and Enhanced Perception, and pay little attention to my CA's overall outside of the perm buff and Dashing Alacrity, because my crazy self will run in (high run speed is godly in this game) and just hack things (I have extremely high LL). Not sure if taking Sword Lore would be of any benefit or not for me due to item modifier unlocks. I also dump a higher percentage of my stat points into Willpower and Strength instead of Stamina and Vitality, so it looks more like 50% Willpower, 25% Str, 10% Vitality, 10% Stamina, the remaining 5% are just Dex dumps for the flat defense bonus.

What might help is if you put at lest one Atamark's into your gear in some place because it gives a very large armor bonus to several elements at once, followed by completing relic runewords instead of stacking lesser "plain" relics.

Small update today (yes, a small one!).

I managed to get to level 40, just visited the Royal Honky Tonk and am heading out to Skooks Corner for the next leg of the class' personal quest.

No deaths so far, but I'm occasionally starting to see purple rings under the feet of my oponents. Funny thing is, they're ranging between 8 to 10 levels above me, also meaning the rings are orange, red or purple, depening a bit when and where I encounter the monsters. Usually the moment I enter a dungeon, I'll see the purple ones.

Encountered only one boss today, with was Telus, the undead general. Fight didn't last long, although I did get some damage. Yet, nothing to worry about for now.

Overall the current build looks a lot more balanced as my previous attempt. Although my 4 major skills are all 10 - 19 points below level - and most likely will remain that way for a while - the damage output, attackspeed, health regen and armor stats are high enough to give me low damage to my seraphim's HP for quite some time now. I'm currently changing the items I socketted in the armor into resistance and migitation amulets; which proof to be very useful.

Regen of my CA's, however, has been creeping up and if it wasn't forthe RpH rings I got socketed in some weapons, using them CA's would be very painful. I do hope I'm able to deal with this the moment I ge to level 50, where I've planned to  take Rev.Tech.Focus, plus also am getting a 5th skillpoint and 2nd atribute point, making it a bit easier to drop the regen of the CA's. But even after that, I'll intend to keep RpH rings in my weapons as they're very beneficial. :) 

Thorin :) 

• Like! 1

You should have a minimum of two crucial skill mastered by level 75. A third important skill should be mastered shortly afterward. Spreading out points among numerous skills is neither effective nor efficient and forging jewelry that has the All Skills +x% modifier will accomplish the same result as spreading points thinly. Mastery makes a tremendous boost to any skill and is a benefit that should not be disregarded. After a skill is mastered any additional points invested in that particular skill are much less effective and the points should go toward the mastery of another skill.

• Like! 1

There is, however a dispensation. If there is a secondary combat or a buff that one intends to level up in order to receive modification, then there is a sound reason and therefore, there exists an acceptable strategy. For example, the High Elf may wish to level up Grand Invigoration in order the gain "expertise," "life energy," and "resilience." Otherwise, the significant benefit from mastery is one not to be underestimated, in my opinion and experience. My comments are merely advice and should not be mistaken for an admonishment.

• Appreciation 1

48 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

My comments are merely advice and should not be mistaken for an admonishment.

Aren't they all?! ;)

I would add that it depends if you are self found character with no bargaining skill.  Then you don't have the high plus skills you could have with bargaining.  So that changes the dynamic a little bit.