New project: Getting a DW seraphim to Niob

So I´ve played around 20 hours now and this is what it looks like atm:   https://imgur.com/1dfFwyw

Am I not able to post images or attachments?

Back to topic: (The language is german, but I guess you can identify the stuff by their icons)

For the skills Im maxing out tactics lore and dual wield every level. The rest of the points goes into exalted warrior focus and armor lore. Those 4 skills will be the first things to get to 75. Then I got some defensive skills to get a bit tougher. The last skill will be Revered Technology Lore, to get the weakening effect of Flaring Nova. You´ll notice that I´m not using Energy Shield. I will put a lot of attribute point into Vitality to get a big pool. I also put like 20-30% points into willpower to get the spell resistance, because I noticed, that most of the damage I am recieving comes from spells. The goal is to get a huge lifepool with strong life leech. I thought of speed lore, because every other thing seems useless. Its nice to have some bonus attack value. Dont know how many points I´ll spend on that.

As for the CA´s Im focusing on Pelting strikes (double strike, less energy use, critical hit bonus), Dashing Alacrity (Attack speed, increased duration, reduced cooldown of DA) and ofc Battle Stance (attack value, reduced energy cost, reflect). I had some luck getting an amulet you see in my weapon which reduces cooldown on hit. Also leech and half cooldown chance is pretty nice on it. This way I can use pelting strikes a lot. Later on I will get the weakening effect of Flaring Nova with Revered Technology Focus. Also since Im maxing Tactics Lore and Exalted Warrior Focus, I will get a lot more enhancements for the CA´s than I need. I thought of going soulhammer and taking the execute for bosses. Dont know if that is worth it, but I have the points anyway.

Gear looks okish atm. Got some Niokastes Stuff and some Uniques with nice stats. I´m playing 100% selffound, without using the stash from my previous characters. Damage is not a problem at all and sometimes I have to use a lot of potions for boss encounters, but things are getting along and I can kill monsters 10 levels higher than me pretty easy.

I hope I´ve not done any major mistakes with skilling.

Cheers!

Welcome, Herzlich Willkommen, ....

I think you need 5 posts to be allowed to post attachments.

I would take speed lore only if I need a very special set without any run speed for a build - for example Detheya for a life leech dryad. Sooner or later you will do no normal attacks anymore. And each weapon combat art has a build in hit chance which gets better and better the more runes you read.

One tip on Flaring Nova: It got an option - I think it's the first one - to choose between a long rage effect and a double pulse effect.

If you decide to use FN in a combo with Assailing Somersault or Pelting Strikes, using the double pulse effect is a better choice. Main reason for that, you've got a chance to stun anything attacking you. And personally I don't see any use of stunning monsters far away, if the ones close to you are getting killed and the PE stops after that.

Thorin :)

• 2 years later...

Starting with the nominee of the "Understatement of the year" Award:

"It's been a while since I played this game or updated this topic", but for the time being I'm back.

Picked up this lady after wondering if I could do a full magic orientated seraphim build, but decided to skip that.

It took me a bit to figure out what the plans with this build were, as she's at level 65 already in Platinum. And doing quite good, from what I've seen. Considering I'm able to defeat oponents being 15-ish levels above this char's with 4 hits - champs a bit more - that is.

Of course, I'm in the human area right now, so not that many strong oponents, other as some minibosses; including the Werewolf boss I will have to face at some point.

So first part of the update I'm doing now is showing the skills witout any items equipped:

61K4nJc.png

And the ones with all items equipped:

LrPvtCn.png

For now I'm sticking to using the Boneblade of Zhurag-Nar for the poison dmg, the Sereish Steel of Thunder for the fire dmg, Niokaste's Stinger for the magic dmg and Ysandrifa's Law for the ice dmg. All being dual wielded and most with full sockets to do even more dmg.

I'm going to need about 850K more dmg to get the next level. I'll if I update after that or wait until I'm at level 70.

For now I'm going to have some fun as there's an engine running. Or is it the Sabretooth tiger I hear. :dntknw:

Thorin :) 

• Appreciation 1