Changing the Position of UI-Elements (Boss-Healthbar)?

Greetings everyone.

First off: While I signed up on Darkmatters about 2 years ago only now have I started playing Sacred 2 again after so many years and only recently have I found out about things like the Community Patch, Diablo 2 Fallen, SE2EE and many more. I'm glad the Sacred-Community is still active and kicking it and I already downloaded a few mods from here so thanks to those who keep this game alive and well. :)

Now to my question: Is there a way to change the position (xy coordinates) of certain HUD-elements, specifically the boss-healthbar? I searched the forums here already but couldn't find a solution. 

I play the game at a resolution of 2560x1440 so I disabled the UI-Scaling setting as it makes the HUD-elements and fonts kinda blurry. Without the scaling It's smaller for sure, but still recognizable and definitely sharper for me. However, disabling that setting makes the boss-healthbar appear much lower and is being positioned almost in the middle of my screen. (See screenshot below).

I looked through some of the .xml files like in Skin-xml.zip or from the Interface Pack mod provided by Flix. Inside the VisualTemplates.xml from the latter I found several "boss-healthbar" entries but the only elements I was able to move were the damage channels since those seem to have x and y coordinates which can be edited. The healthbar itself went unchanged.

Spoiler

eYhSbtY.jpg

Yet another issue with which you will have to contend when deselecting UI Scaling is a much smaller display of goods provided by the Merchant, the Blacksmith, and The Rune Master. It will be difficult to read the item modifiers for the goods and such. It's too bad that the HUD and even the mouse cursor has not been increased in resolution so that they appear sharper for players who select a high resolution and employ a large screen. Unfortunately, I am unaware of a viable work around.

Thank you for the quick reply, Hooyaah. :happy:

I actually don't have any issues with the smaller displays, everything is readable to me so far. My question was actually whether I can change the position of the boss-healthbar HUD-element (not the size). I was wondering so because it does seem possible to alter at least parts of said element (like the aforementioned damage channels) so I thought that maybe the rest can be moved as well somehow.

29 minutes ago, Malachor said:

Check line 35 in skin-xml/Windows/Taskbar.xml

<cSuiHealthBar template="boss-healthbar" name="BossHealthBar">
        <rect x="0" y="-840"/>
      </cSuiHealthBar>

I changed the y value from -840 to -1260 and it worked! Thanks a bunch. :yay: Guess I wasn't looking close enough the first time. :sweating:  Also increased the font size in Fonts.xml a bit while I was at it so it's clearer and more readable without getting blurred. (Screenshot for reference below.)

Spoiler

ell69Qz.jpg

I'm glad to know that you have found success. For those who would like to make similar changes the folder in question may be located within the Sacred 2 pak folder ( Sacred 2 Gold/pak/skin-xml.zip ). It would be welcome were someone to create a mod or tutorial that would allow for, or assist with a wider variety of such changes, as additional tweaks would allow for more individualized customizations.

• Like! 1