Black screen

thank you for the replay I just finished doing all of this and it still stays on the boot up screen and then it goes black and nothing after that I even have to restart my pc to get out the screen 

On 3/21/2019 at 7:29 PM, thrive said:

thank you for the replay I just finished doing all of this and it still stays on the boot up screen and then it goes black and nothing after that I even have to restart my pc to get out the screen 

Make sure you are running the game as Administrator too, forgot that one. It won't run without Admin rights. I also can't get the game to run faster than 60hz, so if you're using 144hz, GSync, etc, all of that should be off.

• Like! 1

Out of curiosity, do you have DirectX 9.0c installed? If not, try that as well, this game requires it. Also, the LegacyPhysX driver I was referring to earlier is the one from here: https://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.13.0604-legacy-driver.html (Ignore what cards it says it works with, mine is way newer than those listed and it still installs and works).

Edited by thejynxed
  • Thanks! 1

Hey Thrive, do me a favor, if it still isn't running, check the Windows Event Viewer for any error messages related for Sacred 2, in particular, look for LaptopGaming_xp.dll, if there are any, go into your Sacred 2 folder and rename that thing LaptopGaming_xp.dll.bak and then try starting the game again.

• Appreciation 1

yea I do have that program and I try messing with the resolution and for the first time my firewall said it block some feature for sacred I click on allow access but it  dint work I also try renaming the laptop still nothing the event log said I had error with steam not sacred it said failed to add firewall exception .

Well, taking the report from Event Viewer into account it does seem like a permissions error and not an issue with the game itself. Maybe you can do a full re-installation of the game and see if you can avert the firewall issues?! Other than that I'm not sure what it could be. Keep an eye on EV and see if it points to a specific file being the cause of the error.

One thing to make sure of, you are not installing it to anywhere in Program Files or the base C: drive where Windows is installed. I have had no end of headaches installing games to even a Steam folder on the same drive where Windows is actually installed.

Yes, what you should be doing: Install Steam to Drive C:, then in your Steam Settings, create a Steam Folder on another drive, then install your games there. Permissions in Win10 are much stricter than in previous versions and even Admin isn't really Admin anymore, coupled with programs installed to the same drive as Windows facing much tighter restrictions than previously in Win8 or earlier.