Game Mechanics And Gameplay-Related Technical Questions

So the actual lines are (on balance.txt):

• IsRuneForHero = 400, (40% chance that a rune will drop for your class)
  • IsUsableByHero = 700, (70% chance that gear drop will be usable by your class)

Guess my memory isn't half bad after all! :D

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, Androdion said:

So the actual lines are (on balance.txt):

• IsRuneForHero = 400, (40% chance that a rune will drop for your class)
  • IsUsableByHero = 700, (70% chance that gear drop will be usable by your class)

Guess my memory isn't half bad after all! :D

If the lines above are changed in balance.txt to:

IsRuneForHero = 1000, = 100% chance that a rune will drop for your class*

IsUsableByHero = 1000, = 100% chance that gear drop will be usable by your class*

* (margin of error +/- 1%)

• Like! 1

Yeah, pretty much. But it still won't make the game drop ranged weapons if you're using that skill, it just won't drop gear that's specific to other classes (eg. SW's double-handed hammers, TG's batteries, etc.). It makes your life easier since more loot equals a better chance of having better loot for yourself, but it still won't make the game drop lightsabers all the time even if you're dual-wielding them and running a heavy WIL build.

OK, so that was an example too long. Sorry, I need to sleep now. :D

• Appreciation 1

I am starting to feel sorry I am asking that many questions, but I have a couple of new ones...

I don't know whether they belong here or in the dryad sub though, as they both are related to her...

One is related to Twisted Torment:

I have read some guides, and this CA, when used, is always modded to gold included. But if the wiki is correct, the damage output of the skill is so low, the gold mod will be barely noticeable. I intend therefore to skip it and save some precious skill points for something else. Am I missing something in regards to guides?

Viperish Disease:

I am quite happy to see this skill was fixed with the cm patch, as I remember it as a "1-cast-kills-the-whole-map" nasty kind of exploit.

Now the question is: how is this skill balanced? The patch note says it was balanced, but I could not find how. If I intend to use this skill, what would it be for and how should I mod it? In the worst case scenario, intuitively it looks like relapse/headhunter/contaminate would make for a fantastic headhunting CA (provided it can kill, or at least help killing significantly enough), but if the damage is significant enough even on single targets, would bronze gangrene and gold gouge be better options?

I.e: should I still use this skill for mass murdering mobs, headhunting or boss sniping?

Cheers :)

Edited by Durmir
Typo
  • 1 month later...

All right, this is also a relatively simple question, and even perhaps a bit silly, especially coming from someone who's been playing the game for years. But hell, I ain't proud. he, he   Say you have a sword whose description says "Modifier Sword Weapons" (in red). Does that mean that none of the bonuses of this sword apply to your character unless you take the skill Sword Weapons? This something I'm sure I should know by now, but I've been a rather "casual" player 'til recently but now it seems I need to know for sure all these little things.

3 hours ago, dark471 said:

All right, this is also a relatively simple question, and even perhaps a bit silly, especially coming from someone who's been playing the game for years. But hell, I ain't proud. he, he   Say you have a sword whose description says "Modifier Sword Weapons" (in red). Does that mean that none of the bonuses of this sword apply to your character unless you take the skill Sword Weapons? This something I'm sure I should know by now, but I've been a rather "casual" player 'til recently but now it seems I need to know for sure all these little things.

That is correct. None of the bonuses from "Modifiers Sword Weapons" will be bestowed upon a character for which the said skill has not been chosen.

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, dark471 said:

That just lets you know what skill controls the weapon.  In other words, it tells you which weapon lore skill you would need to take to boost attack value and attack speed, and also which skill would unlock modifiers. 

So in this example:

UruksDestinystats.gif

You'd still get all the modifiers, even though you don't have the skill (note that it's in red).  The game's just letting you know if you want to boost your speed and attack you need that skill.

Not every weapon has locked modifiers, you can always tell them because they're in red, like so:

Northmaster_stats.gif

In this case, Chance to stun opponents and Combat Values (attack and defense) won't be granted unless you take the Hafted Weapons skill.  But Chance for Freeze would still work.

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, dark471 said:

KK, thanks for clearing that up for me. Now another question - and this one's a biggie. he, he  How do I change my avatar?

:lol: yay.. something I can answer... :gogo:

If you go into your profile... and click on your avatar.. .does it show you an option to upload an avatar?

:)

gogo

• Thanks! 1
  • 4 months later...

Hi, very good topic! :yay:

On 4/2/2019 at 1:21 PM, Androdion said:

It's not, that info on the Wiki is dead wrong. I've just tested it out of curiosity and these are the values I get for CA level/reflect chance. This is valid with CM 1.60, no idea about vanilla.

• 1 - 25,2%
  • 40 - 39,4%
  • 132,6 - 58%
  • 142,6 - 59,5% 

Regarding this, it'd be really really convenient for character planning and min/maxing if we'd have this kind of information for all CA's values. I know this would be a huge project but with enought support of volunteers willing to take one or more skills to check, I believe we'd gather the data in no time. All we need is a standardized approach that everyone follows, I.e. same game version, CMP, etc.

Edit: Mechanics question: Does Ancient Magic have an effect on physical damage of Spell Combat Arts?

Edited by ameaeth
  • 7 months later...
14 minutes ago, ameaeth said:

Another short question, is 'execution speed' from aspect lore skills the same as cast/attack speed (depending on weapons or spell based)?

Yes indeed.

• Thanks! 1

Thanks Flix! Another thing I noticed is a change in the sacred 2 wiki for Magic Coup - Steal Mana and Jolting Touch - Voltage. If I remember correctly those two before got 5% + 0.x% per CA level rph or something like that. Was there a change made to these CA's mechanics?

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, ameaeth said:

The Ancient Magic mastery, does it have an effect even for weapon based CA, in that it indirectly increases damage by reducing opponent's immunities?

No. It only applies its effects for spell damage-based combat arts (those that have the flag causesSpellDamage = 1, in their spell entry).

• Thanks! 1