Game Mechanics And Gameplay-Related Technical Questions

Seraphim's Pelting Strikes gold mod 'Indentation' and Soul Hammer silver mod 'Battering' , do their effects stack with multiple hits from PS and between the two skills? How long is the duration of the debuff? And lastly would you recommend choosing them or rather the alternative modifications?

Edit: On the wiki refers to relative deductions via the item modifier 'Opponent's armor: Physical -X%' but the mechanics for absolute values deduction, e.g. on Soul Hammer or Pelting Strikes are not mentioned as far as I could find.

Edited by ameaeth
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2020 at 9:27 PM, Flix said:

No. It only applies its effects for spell damage-based combat arts (those that have the flag causesSpellDamage = 1, in their spell entry).

@Flixdoes AM affect the damage calculation of secondary damage effects? And if yes, all of them or only those induced through spell based CA?

Edited by ameaeth

Indirectly, yes, but only for spell-based damage.  Ancient Magic will increase the amount of spell damage inflicted on enemies, and secondary effects derive their intensity from the amount of damage inflicted.

Therefore, Burn will inflict more damage when triggered from fire spells, when Ancient Magic is active.

• Like! 1

And to increase that damage directly you'll need Damage Lore mastery, which increases both the damage value of each tick plus the duration of its effect.

Using both on specific builds makes good DOT killers. :D

• Haha 1
On 8/11/2020 at 12:30 AM, ameaeth said:

Seraphim's Pelting Strikes gold mod 'Indentation' and Soul Hammer silver mod 'Battering' , do their effects stack with multiple hits from PS and between the two skills? How long is the duration of the debuff? And lastly would you recommend choosing them or rather the alternative modifications?

Edit: On the wiki refers to relative deductions via the item modifier 'Opponent's armor: Physical -X%' but the mechanics for absolute values deduction, e.g. on Soul Hammer or Pelting Strikes are not mentioned as far as I could find.

Did anyone by chance look into armor debuffs before and can share some insights?

http://sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Opponent's_armor:_Physical

According to the link you've posted the effects don't stack, a newly applied effect will only reset the timer for its duration. Since they're percentage-based they're good options because the higher the difficulty the higher the armour values on mobs, so a percentual reduction will make a big difference.

On 8/30/2020 at 6:00 PM, Androdion said:

According to the link you've posted the effects don't stack, a newly applied effect will only reset the timer for its duration. Since they're percentage-based they're good options because the higher the difficulty the higher the armour values on mobs, so a percentual reduction will make a big difference.

Yes I do like the percentage debuff and I know that items also have them as modifiers. What I'm unsure about though are the static debufs from most of the skills. Are those really absolute numbers or are those percentage deductions in disguise? E.g. Soulhammer  How are mechanics working for them I wonder.

Edited by ameaeth
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, BrokenWaffle said:

What does the UI of a monster actually mean? there are a bunch of bars on it but the wiki UI page doesn't mention it.

also what does grey colored item name mean?

5 hours ago, BrokenWaffle said:

3) is there a way to see exact attack speed? it just feels that attack speed is kinda like: pistols>magic wands>swords>two-handed polearms

Great having you here on the boards BrokenWafffle!

Do you have a pic of the specific Monster UI that you're noting?

I remember that there were display errors with monster uis not showing proper information re their particular elemental weakness composition

:blink:
gogo

What does the UI of a monster actually mean?

HP, armour with colour codes for different type of resistances, name, level. Stuff like that.

also what does grey colored item name mean?

Items have a rarity colour code, grey being the lowest one. Then it's white, blue, yellow, gold and orange, with green being set items.

6 hours ago, BrokenWaffle said:

is there a way to see exact attack speed?

Open your inventory and hover your mouse over the weapon damage value, it'll show you the attack speed on your toon.

• Thanks! 1
Just now, Androdion said:

HP, armour with colour codes for different type of resistances, name, level. Stuff like that.

Items have a rarity colour code, grey being the lowest one. Then it's white, blue, yellow, gold and orange, with green being set items.

Open your inventory and hover your mouse over the weapon damage value, it'll show you the attack speed on your toon.

Awesome Androdion thanks!

:friends3:

gogo

p.s. yes i slipped a beer in :lol:

@Flix I was wondering about something. The NPCs in Sacred 2 can sit at tables and eat at restaurants and taverns, and rest upon beds, and such. So then, why cannot the Player Characters? Each of them has a "sitting animation" in order to ride their mount of choice. It would be fun to see the High Elf for instance, finally find her street cafe' and have that hot and delicious Latte macchiato that she keeps mentioning or sit at a table outside of Chef Poul Brotheuse's cafe and dine al fresco on one of his omelets. It certainly would add to the immersion in the game. Besides, none of my player characters have eaten in, well, quite literally forever. :dntknw:

• Like! 1

I could rename the riding animation to the "defense" animation.  This would play the animation whenever you pressed SHIFT.

I suspect you'd be disappointed though.  The straddling, floating animation from riding on a mount or horse probably would not look so great without the mount.

An alternative would be to steal an actual sitting/resting animation from NPC's and apply it the same way, but it would likely stretch/warp the High Elf's model somewhat.

6 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

@Flix I was wondering about something. The NPCs in Sacred 2 can sit at tables and eat at restaurants and taverns, and rest upon beds, and such. So then, why cannot the Player Characters? Each of them has a "sitting animation" in order to ride their mount of choice. It would be fun to see the High Elf for instance, finally find her street cafe' and have that hot and delicious Latte macchiato that she keeps mentioning or sit at a table outside of Chef Poul Brotheuse's cafe and dine al fresco on one of his omelets. It certainly would add to the immersion in the game. Besides, none of my player characters have eaten in, well, quite literally forever. :dntknw:

4 hours ago, Androdion said:

That could be used as an idle animation, but I don't see any other use rather than that. Should be an interesting challenge.

7 minutes ago, Flix said:

I could rename the riding animation to the "defense" animation.  This would play the animation whenever you pressed SHIFT.

I suspect you'd be disappointed though.  The straddling, floating animation from riding on a mount or horse probably would not look so great without the mount.

An alternative would be to steal an actual sitting/resting animation from NPC's and apply it the same way, but it would likely stretch/warp the High Elf's model somewhat.

lol what a cool idea...the main cast finally getting to eat

:lol;

gogo

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Well, the latter option would be worth a look, in my opinion. How would it work? Could one simply click the mouse cursor on the seat, chair, bench, etc. and then the character would situate there? Currently, pressing Shift lends a defense posture for the toon and that looks pretty good. Regardless, it would be interesting to see the characters actually able to take a break from all that running around. :agreed:

16 hours ago, Androdion said:

yeah but it just says 100% for most weapons, but it feels like 2handed polearms are slower than a pistol, even though both say 100%.

1 hour ago, BrokenWaffle said:

but it feels like 2handed polearms are slower than a pistol, even though both say 100%.

They are.  There's no precise way in-game to measure animation speed.  But it's not uncommon in games like this for different weapons to have different animation speeds.

What Flix said. Different weapons have different attack animation speed, so even though the value is the same the "swinging" of the weapon will take a different amount of (mili)seconds. As a rule of thumb two-handed weapons have slower attack animations than smaller one-handed weapons. And the Dryad's blowpipes hit instantly.

There's also another point which is attack animations while riding a mount, those can also be slower than on foot. Hope this helps.

On 9/20/2020 at 8:45 PM, Hooyaah said:

How would it work? Could one simply click the mouse cursor on the seat, chair, bench, etc. and then the character would situate there?

Oh Lordy no.  That's way too complicated. But I appreciate your faith in me that I could pull off a miracle like that.  :D

What I'm suggesting is a way to perform a certain animation on demand.  The only non-essential, key-press animation I can think of is the SHIFT key.  So basically it's a way to force the character to assume a sitting posture wherever they may be situated.  It would be up to you (and the whims of chance) to find a suitable spot to "seat" oneself in a way that looked natural.