Sacred 2 - Good or Bad ?

I guess that's it's more of a matter between denying a power that's bigger than anything else to anyone who'd try to take it for himself, and taking it for himself. It's a power struggle, like the final scene in the last Harry Potter movie where he breaks the most powerful wand in the world because no one is meant to have such power (I can't believe I'm citing HP but ok...). So it's a moral choice in the end between what's best for yourself and for everyone else.

• Like! 1

You described well the choice that is offered, yet the consequences of that choice is to be considered as well : if I keep going with the HP universe ( I'm somewhat of a potterhead myself so I don't mind ^^ ) you could see the problem : say Voldemort is alive and you could use the wand to destroy him, wouldn't you do it ? Wouldn't it be moral to do so ? Here it's exactly the same : an entity ( Lumen, a potential dictator ) might come back if you help unite the people of Ancaria, and if you don't have the power to defeat him that could end in enslavement ! But if, for a greater good, you take the power of the energy-T to take Lumen down ( say it is possible - because if with it you can't take him down, without there's not much chance to win ) then you act for free will and liberty, don't you agree ?

It could become a bit of an anti-hero situation, but I don't think it is really because your toon's motivations are always in the way to take the power for itself because of being more powerful than anyone else. Your toon is Voldemort, so with that parallel in mind I don't think it would matter in the long run. Mind you, I don't know the storyline of the first Sacred game, so there may be connections I'm not seeing. But looking just at Sacred 2 storyline it's a very distinctive choice between removing a greater power for security and keeping the power for yourself to rule over everybody else.

As for the HP finale, it's a closed storyline. V is dead and the need for such higher power is no more, so he destroys it so that no one else may become a new V. New dangers may arise, but they'll be dealt with without resorting to that wand.

I see your point :) If we were to put back the context of Ancaria, you'd rather remove the opportunity to use a power judged too great, even though it would diminish your chances to win, than using it even for a good cause.Thank you for offering these arguments !

You get a slight variation in the way you follow the main quest, you have a boss in the tavern instead of the slave-driver, you fight the fog only one time as opposed to three times, you fight the Inquisitors instead of fighting alongside them. There aren't massive differences in the campaign though, just slight nuances.

• Thanks! 1
  • 1 year later...
8 minutes ago, BIRILOVE said:

Vagner, caso ainda esteja ativo! Responda esse tópico, preciso da sua ajuda para codificar a tradução para o Sacred 2, sou Brasileiro.

Vagner, if you're still active! Answer this topic, I need your help to code the translation for Sacred 2, I'm Brazilian.

Welcome to DarkMatters, Henry! We're happy to have you here on the boards...I've translated your post into English, hope this helps you find Vagner

:)

gogo

• Respect! 1
17 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Bem-vindo ao DarkMatters, Henry! Estamos felizes em tê-lo aqui no fórum ... Traduzi sua postagem para inglês. Espero que isso ajude você a encontrar Vagner

:)

gogo

Tks, bro! The @Flix has already helped me with the coding.

Thankful!!

Edited by BIRILOVE