Another bug for Sacred I

Sacred is well-known for its tons of bugs, and I'm writing this topic to talk about another of them.

I was playing Sacred to try the bug reported only yesterday by Turokz, when I noticed one even more frustrating. To tell the truth, I had already seen it a few times, but not as heavily as yesterday.

Going to the point, the mouse cursor "splits": one is the game's, the other looks like the normal one on my PC. The fact is that with the muose only the wrong cursor moves, and when you click anywhere, the game is minimized by itself !? Quite annoying, because every time you try to click to move the character the game shuts down!

• 5 weeks later...

I've come across this particular phenomenon a few times and my understanding is it's caused by windows overlapping. I remember trying "alt+tab" to get out which made things worse. Closing Sacred and restarting it solved the issue for that time being. To be honest, these old games have so many quirks! A common one I face is where the screen goes black and the cursor missing, yet the music continues and hitting the windows button to return to desktop doesn't work either. My only way out is "alt+f4".

3 hours ago, iFLAME said:

I've come across this particular phenomenon a few times and my understanding is it's caused by windows overlapping. I remember trying "alt+tab" to get out which made things worse. Closing Sacred and restarting it solved the issue for that time being. To be honest, these old games have so many quirks! A common one I face is where the screen goes black and the cursor missing, yet the music continues and hitting the windows button to return to desktop doesn't work either. My only way out is "alt+f4".

Unfortunately, Sacred I has so many bugs.... but it's still oneof my favorite games ever!

:girlove:

53 minutes ago, Mare said:

Unfortunately, Sacred I has so many bugs.... but it's still oneof my favorite games ever!

:girlove:

True, Sacred Gold hasn't aged well but it's still one of the better ARPGs, pixelation and glitches notwithstanding. And that's reason why I'm keeping my Win-7 PC. But something needs to be done to maintain its playability in future OS and hardware.

2 hours ago, iFLAME said:

True, Sacred Gold hasn't aged well but it's still one of the better ARPGs, pixelation and glitches notwithstanding. And that's reason why I'm keeping my Win-7 PC. But something needs to be done to maintain its playability in future OS and hardware.

I hope this community will do that something.