Sacred 2 Community Patch Questions

Hello everyone! I just registered an account here so maybe I'm doing this all wrong and I'm supposed to make an introduction post first (if I do need to, please let me know), but I just wanted to ask a few questions regarding the community patch for Sacred 2.

Specifically, is the patch only for the on-disc version of Ice and Blood, or can it also be used with Steam's "Sacred 2: Gold"? Thing is, I live in Canada, and that makes getting the disc version of Ice and Blood very difficult, since I heard it was only for European versions of the game at the time of its release, which is why I went for Steam's gold version.

Also, I read somewhere that characters that were made before you download the patch will not be compatible with the new patch. Does this mean anything regarding the character (including items, weapons, etc.), or just the character itself? Because I have a lot of really good stuff on an old Temple Guardian of mine from Fallen Angel that I've been thinking of transferring into the shared stash so I can start anew in the Gold version, but I want to know if those items will be broken should I download the patch. It would be a shame if they were, it was the best armor pieces for the Temple Guardian I've ever found in the game.

Sorry to bother you all with this, I just really wanted to get some answers. My mom and I love Sacred 2 and we've been eyeing the community patch for a while, we just didn't have enough information regarding some of the more specific things about it. Thanks in advance for any answers you guys give! :smile:

(PS: It's good to know that this place is still active, I was worried for a bit that not many people were going to be around since it's a fairly old game.)

• Like! 1

Don't sweat it, we're all very smooth riders here. ;)

Anyway, the patch should run with every iteration of the 2.65 version of the game, be it FA+I&B or Sacred 2 Gold Edition. That's also accounting for physical and digital distribution, so you're good to go. Regarding the equipment, if what you have are uniques, legendaries and set items they won't be changed unless they've been re-balanced between the release of FA and I&B. On the other hand if those items are rare (yellow) then I'm sorry but once you load the chest their stats will be completely different.

Please realise that these items are RNG, so once you change the game version they suffer a re-roll of their stats. That's valid for both developer patches and community made patches. The idea about starting anew after installing CM Patch is for the sake of consistency and stability of your progress, items and quest log.

• Appreciation 1
1 hour ago, Androdion said:

Don't sweat it, we're all very smooth riders here. ;)

Anyway, the patch should run with every iteration of the 2.65 version of the game, be it FA+I&B or Sacred 2 Gold Edition. That's also accounting for physical and digital distribution, so you're good to go.

Perfect! :D

1 hour ago, Androdion said:

Regarding the equipment, if what you have are uniques, legendaries and set items they won't be changed unless they've been re-balanced between the release of FA and I&B. On the other hand if those items are rare (yellow) then I'm sorry but once you load the chest their stats will be completely different.

Please realise that these items are RNG, so once you change the game version they suffer a re-roll of their stats. That's valid for both developer patches and community made patches. The idea about starting anew after installing CM Patch is for the sake of consistency and stability of your progress, items and quest log.

So does that mean if I have a gold battery that gives me, say, 20 vitality, it will instead be changed to something like 15 or 25 vitality, depending on if the RNG fates are cruel or kind that day? Or will it be more of a massive change like changing what stats the gear gives completely (so instead of giving 20 vitality, it instead gives 20 strength or something)? Because I can live with a few stats being a tiny bit less or a tiny bit more, since it's high level stuff either way (like level 60+ if I recall), so no matter what its still going to better than almost anything else I'll probably have access to by the time I can use them with a new Guardian. But if it's a huge change that makes the gear completely different from how it used to be, I might have to only save the set pieces (which would suck, but whatever, it's still high-level stuff).

Edited by GreasyTroll4

Gah, how do you edit already-posted comments on this forum style again? I made a couple typos just now in the above comment (including one very unfortunate one in the paragraph at the bottom), and it's been a while since I was on a forum. I'm used to Discord.

42 minutes ago, GreasyTroll4 said:

Gah, how do you edit already-posted comments on this forum style again? I made a couple typos just now in the above comment (including one very unfortunate one in the paragraph at the bottom), and it's been a while since I was on a forum. I'm used to Discord.

Hi greasyTroll4 

I've upgraded your status to Member... the New Arrival that you had originally has limited abilities to mostly stop bots.  You're a full member now, can add an avatar, make edits and continue to post great posts :D

It's great having you here on the boards, we're one of the last communities around for this game and still love to meet new members.

Thanks for finding your way to Darkmatters, welcome to the boards!

:)

gogo

1 minute ago, gogoblender said:

Hi greasyTroll4 

I've upgraded your status to Member... the New Arrival that you had originally has limited abilities to mostly stop bots.  You're a full member now, can add an avatar, make edits and continue to post great posts :D

It's great having you here on the boards, we're one of the last communities around for this game and still love to meet new members.

Thanks for finding your way to Darkmatters, welcome to the boards!

:)

gogo

Thanks a bunch! :)

• Appreciation 1

Yeah, there's the chance that your gold items will have randomly different bonuses. You can do backups of the saves before loading them if you want, and see how they roll out afterwards.

• Like! 1
On 5/6/2019 at 3:32 PM, Androdion said:

Yeah, there's the chance that your gold items will have randomly different bonuses. You can do backups of the saves before loading them if you want, and see how they roll out afterwards.

Well, I don't know what happened, but when I installed the community patch and double checked all the gear I put into the shared chest (including the gold items), against all odds, ALL of it came back exactly the way it was originally, down to the tinniest percentages and smallest bonuses. Even all the amulets and rings I put into the sockets stayed the same. The only differences were the regen penalties for combat arts on the armor, but that was to be expected since my new character isn't leveled up enough to use the gear yet and doesn't have armor lore yet.

I guess I got reeeeeeally lucky. :wink:

• Like! 1
16 hours ago, GreasyTroll4 said:

Well, I don't know what happened, but when I installed the community patch and double checked all the gear I put into the shared chest (including the gold items), against all odds, ALL of it came back exactly the way it was originally, down to the tinniest percentages and smallest bonuses. Even all the amulets and rings I put into the sockets stayed the same. The only differences were the regen penalties for combat arts on the armor, but that was to be expected since my new character isn't leveled up enough to use the gear yet and doesn't have armor lore yet.

I guess I got reeeeeeally lucky. :wink:

It should just be magic and rare jewelry that got re-rolled.  Anything unique (gold item name) should be unchanged.

21 hours ago, Flix said:

It should just be magic and rare jewelry that got re-rolled.  Anything unique (gold item name) should be unchanged.

No, I mean everything stayed the same. Set items, gold/unique items, yellow items, enchanted items, and even relics (and possibly all those dozens of jewelry bits I had saved too, but I didn't take notes on what those had before the patch so I can't be 100% sure). Like I said, I probably just got really lucky.

EDIT (18 hours later): Okay, slight correction, some of the jewelry did change, but a lot of it is actually better than before, and most remained unchanged, including the ones already inside the gear pieces. Very odd, but I'm certainly not complaining.

Edited by GreasyTroll4