Need a new (or old) game

10 hours ago, Androdion said:

@Delta! - Never been a fan of the HoM&M series, hex games and all that. The only turn-based combat I appreciated was in the old Final Fantasy titles. Don't Starve is in line with the indie titles that Steam has, not a fan of the pack. I remember BfME fondly, a friend of mine used to play a pirated copy all the time and it was great. But... it costs an arm and a leg?! Ah, shame... I miss old school RTS games, I played Red Alert 2 and Rise of Legends so much it isn't even funny!

BFME is not that much. I bought the Anthology pack on Amazon, with Shipping to South Africa, import tax and everthing, it cost me $240. But I have wanted it for so long I felt it was worth it. It is a year later and I still play it a lot!

image.png.8684b3e9639a11efef2dd1deb3bb4ace.png

Case in point, you paid $240 for it, damn that's steep! :sob: That's almost half the minimum wage in my country, to put things in perspective, so my point stands mate. It's just too much money the way I see it.

@gogoblender - I wasn't aware of that Elite Force series, looks pretty cool. Kind of like a bridge between Quake (ID Software after all) and Bioshock with the mini-games, but set in the Star Trek universe. Googling it brought abandonware sites giving full downloads for it, but I'm not sure if that's legit or just another form of piracy.

1 hour ago, Androdion said:

Case in point, you paid $240 for it, damn that's steep! :sob: That's almost half the minimum wage in my country, to put things in perspective, so my point stands mate. It's just too much money the way I see it.

@gogoblender - I wasn't aware of that Elite Force series, looks pretty cool. Kind of like a bridge between Quake (ID Software after all) and Bioshock with the mini-games, but set in the Star Trek universe. Googling it brought abandonware sites giving full downloads for it, but I'm not sure if that's legit or just another form of piracy.

The game is super old and so much a joy to play kinda ... maybe it’s cheap on something like humble bundle or steam?

😃

gogo

5 hours ago, Androdion said:

Funny that you mention Starcraft, I've just installed the Battle.net client and both SC and SC2 (the free versions). Has any of you played Starcraft Remastered? The visuals I've seen online seem great, but is there the option to change sreen res or is it just 1024x768 like on the original? They seem to have changed some stuff, portraits for instance are the ones for SC2 instead of the original ones. Is the remaster worth 15€? I played SC2 Wings of Liberty for a few days some years back, my pc at the time couldn't deal well with it and I'll admit that I wasn't playing RTS games at that time. But what I do remember is that the game menu wasn't as satturated as it is now when I logged this version (Legacy of the Void version even though the campaign isn't available). Man, it's all bells and whistles, e-games propaganda, buy buy buy stuff... What the hell?! :yawn:

MTG Arena seems interesting, but it only works as PvP right? I'm not into multiplayer, never been.

Magic arena if you're not aware is based on the card game. You're literally playing the card game but on the pc. It starts heavily pve. Then switches to pvp. But there's no chat. So there's really no indication you're playing against a human. Its just deck vs deck. You earn most of the cards through the tutorial campaign and by doing daily and weekly criteria. And if you ever played magic before you know about draft. You earn coins to play free drafts. You can also spend real money or earn your way into real tournaments with real prizes. 

27 minutes ago, Veracious said:

Magic arena if you're not aware is based on the card game. You're literally playing the card game but on the pc. It starts heavily pve. Then switches to pvp. But there's no chat. So there's really no indication you're playing against a human. Its just deck vs deck. You earn most of the cards through the tutorial campaign and by doing daily and weekly criteria. And if you ever played magic before you know about draft. You earn coins to play free drafts. You can also spend real money or earn your way into real tournaments with real prizes. 

You just listed the reasons wich make me hate that game...

:thumbsupsmiley:

3 hours ago, Veracious said:

Oh I know that, you can even only play Standard decks as there are no other game modes right now (at least from what I've read). I actually thought of it because MTG has been an on and off love for more than two decades, but the idea of the human element on the other side left me cold. You say that there's no noticeable difference when it's PvP?

I can't find the Elite Force series anywhere for purchase. Sorry Gogo.

2 hours ago, Androdion said:

I can't find the Elite Force series anywhere for purchase. Sorry Gogo.

thats weird huh? Does that mean it's now abandonware? are we allowed to just download it?

:blink:

gogo

52 minutes ago, Androdion said:

That was actually the question I made before. I found download links for the series on an abandonware site, but I have no idea if it's faux-piracy or not. :dntknw:

Games don't have a site like music with a list of free-use non-copyright stuff? I would've guessed there'd be a collection