If I had any real gripe with this game, it would be the way my girl seraphim has been nerfed. One of the things I liked the best about her was her Rotating Blades of Light (RBOL). My first seraphim was a pure magic character and they were the only thing that kept her from being completely "squishey". Later  In the game, RBOL could be modified to become a permanent buff.  She was my favorite character, and then along came a patch that eliminated that feature (RBOL modified as a buff). Man, poor seraphim. She was still fun, but she just wasn't the same girl I had come to know and love. And then in Sacred 2, my seraphim no longer even has RBOL. Bummer!

Do you think there's a way we can get seraphim her Rotating Blades of Light back?

That would be really great, Flix! Hell, even the animation of Shadow Warrior's Reflective )what's it called) buff would work, probably. Yeah, and we can turn it into a buff with the last modifaction or something. Too cool if you can do it,. I need to start looking closer at the spells.txt to try and figure it out more. Thanks very much for even considering this!

Yes, you're right about Frenetic Fervor. Looks pretty close to original RBOL. 

Gotta make a choice on a trade-off spell, huh?  OK, how about Instill Belief? Not sure about you, but I seldom if ever use that one.

(I tried to edit my other post, but the editor would have no part of it. I wouldn't save)

I had to come back to add how impressed I am. When I posted about seraphim , I guess it was more like wishful thinking, you know? I didn't think anyone would take me up on it.  I just want you to know that I really appreciate this.

58 minutes ago, dark471 said:

(I tried to edit my other post, but the editor would have no part of it. I wouldn't save)

I had to come back to add how impressed I am. When I posted about seraphim , I guess it was more like wishful thinking, you know? I didn't think anyone would take me up on it.  I just want you to know that I really appreciate this.

Hi Paul, are you able to edit your post now? I know there is an editor in place with time limits..if you'd like to edit it and you still cant, I can update your member settings here on the boards.  Happy to see that you're enjoying this game so much, and 

a hearty welcome to Darkmatters!

:)

gogo

Thanks gogo, but it's all good now - the second post took care of what I wanted to add.

Thanks also for the welcome. You know, I've been loitering around here for years, literally - checking out builds and so forth. I guess what got me to finally register was the blank skills, level 75 builds. I mess around with a lot of different builds and sometimes I get one that might make it to Niob, so I keep it until it dies. I'm beginning to think it's not the different builds; any of them would probably be fine , with someone else at the keyboard. At my age, I've learned to not take anything too seriously. Perhaps I need to get a bit more serious with this game, though. he, he  Oh well, I'm enjoying my time with it.

• Appreciation 1
20 hours ago, dark471 said:

No problem, you just happened to catch me during an active modding cycle so I've got all the game files open in my spare time.  I'll shoot for uploading something by the time this long weekend is done.  The upgrade to permanent buff may/may not work, we may have to settle for choosing between either temp or permanent only.

• Like! 1

Oh maaaaan! This is great! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. The upgrade via modification would be great, but shoot... I'll be more than happy with whatever you come up with. Maybe something like making it really expensive, skill-wise. Just a thought.

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Androdion said:

It looks awesome indeed, but why six enhancements? I didn't even know that you could have more than the usual three.

I just used the save editor to add all 6 so I could test all the modifications at once, it was also a convenient way to show all of them in a single screenshot.

Standard rules would apply in gameplay: chose one from each pair, for a total of three modifications.

• Respect! 1

Flix, RBOL was one of my absolute favorite CA's from the original game... very dramatic, especially in the way that they would rise up from the ground with a huge whooshing and then remaining buzzing sound...unbelievable that you've resurrected them for Sacred 2!!

:bounce:

gogo

• Like! 1

Isn't that the truth, gogo.  I loved seraphim in Sacred 1, she was my favorite character. Mostly because of those blades. She had other nice CA's too, but when I got that finally mod making RBOL permanent, I was a menace.  he,he Flix gave these a longer duration than cooldown, so we can keep them up forever, just remembering to start 'em up again. I'm having a ball with the seraphim I just built - pure magic - Celestial Magic. With Revered Tech for the Warding Energy buff. Maybe I'll take Ranged Weapons later on, just because I like bows, but it would be almost a wasted skill slot, because she needs no extra help. Bows seem to help out with some of the Bosses though. The Kobol chievtain and the Griffan neede help with physical, so yeah. I'll probably want Ranged. 

Just an update on my magic seraphim. She's level 54 (in Silver) now and hasn't died yet - had a close call with Gar'Coluses - whatever his name is. Thanks to RBOL, she;s a mob killer. he,he  Bosses are another story - she's not really strong enough to stand toe to toe with them and my bow isn't doing the job as quickly as I'd like. I think I should have taken pole arms. All told, she's fun to play, but I'm not sure that even RBOL will save her butt in higher levels.

On 5/31/2019 at 2:35 PM, dark471 said:

Just an update on my magic seraphim. She's level 54 (in Silver) now and hasn't died yet - had a close call with Gar'Coluses - whatever his name is. Thanks to RBOL, she;s a mob killer. he,he  Bosses are another story - she's not really strong enough to stand toe to toe with them and my bow isn't doing the job as quickly as I'd like. I think I should have taken pole arms. All told, she's fun to play, but I'm not sure that even RBOL will save her butt in higher levels.

Paul, great to see this post and that you're having so much fun with this game...who'd a thunk that Sacred could keep going on for more than a decade now...

And smashing new avatar

:cool:

gogo