Inventory madness (Dwarf 67 GOLD)

So I need to know how you guys managed your inventories while keeping your rune consumption so low.  My dwarf (67 GOLD) just maxed out his trading for his level / this difficulty so far (+3 trading available only so far, currently 150 with my full suit)  and I've been swamped with runes since silver, but now I really want some space in order to prepare this guy for the harder material.

My runes (eaten) are

Vehemence 1

Warcry 6

Battle Rage 1

Cannon Shot 1

Heavy Blow 1

Dwarven Steel 12

Dwarven armor 1

Anyway this is the mess that's driving me nuts here

shot0023h5k0k.jpg

Go to the runemaster and use 4 runes to get specific runes - dwarven steel and dwarven armour. You don't really need to worry about regen on those in comparison to others. Might cost a bit of gold though.

You could also use 4 runes and swap them to get specific runes for other classes. Keep them in the shared chest. Comes in handy for classes you might play later where you wanna pump up CA - e.g ghost meadow, infernal power, heroic courage, testosterone, etc

P.S - trading at 150 for a level 67 character is pretty neat.

• Thanks! 1
9 minutes ago, Augmint said:

Go to the runemaster and use 4 runes to get specific runes - dwarven steel and dwarven armour. You don't really need to worry about regen on those in comparison to others. Might cost a bit of gold though.

You could also use 4 runes and swap them to get specific runes for other classes. Keep them in the shared chest. Comes in handy for classes you might play later where you wanna pump up CA - e.g ghost meadow, infernal power, heroic courage, testosterone, etc

9 hours ago, roks said:

So I need to know how you guys managed your inventories while keeping your rune consumption so low.  My dwarf (67 GOLD) just maxed out his trading for his level / this difficulty so far (+3 trading available only so far, currently 150 with my full suit)  and I've been swamped with runes since silver, but now I really want some space in order to prepare this guy for the harder material.

My runes (eaten) are

Vehemence 1

Warcry 6

Battle Rage 1

Cannon Shot 1

Heavy Blow 1

Dwarven Steel 12

Dwarven armor 1

shot0023h5k0k.jpg

As Augmint said, put all you don't need in the shared chest, or use them with the Combo Master.

Good luck for the game!

• Thanks! 1
13 hours ago, roks said:

My runes (eaten) are

Vehemence 1

Warcry 6

Battle Rage 1

Cannon Shot 1

Heavy Blow 1

Dwarven Steel 12

Dwarven armor 1

shot0023h5k0k.jpg

Very happy to see you here on the boards Rok, and enjoying this awesome game 

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

5 hours ago, Augmint said:

That's the spooky part -- all my buffs (dwarven steel / battle rage / warcry) are in no danger of regen problems (sub 2 seconds on warcry, sub 5 seconds on dwarven steel (41 second+ timer)

Warcry is a puzzler for me -- I could use the defense / attack bonus but the duration and scaling is a little slow (32 seconds or so at level 6 compared to 40+ for the rest of my buffs.  

Also question: Trading + x (amulets) becomes available at higher character levels and not so much Trade levels yes? 

Final complaint that we all can agree on -- how did you manage to keep track of the vanilla stats of your equipment before you add items into their slots?  I sure wish there was a key or function that would let you see the naked armor piece without 4 rings/amulets so upgrading would be faster!

15 hours ago, roks said:

Also question: Trading + x (amulets) becomes available at higher character levels and not so much Trade levels yes?  

Going from memory I can't remember getting trade + 1 all skills in silver. I believe its based on game difficulty more than levels - Gold will have higher + trade than silver even with the same trade level. 

• Appreciation 1

Silver trade items scaled from +1 to +1 (and +1 to all skills rarely) then to 
+2 by the end.  

Gold's started at ~+3 but no idea how high it will go with levels :)    Really need to deal with the runes even after slimming down to dwarven armor / steel.  Should I bother with mortar / cannon shot bros?  or just stick with hard hit / buffs / maybe vehemence.

So I'm curious btw.  Do you guys complete the main quest and such as you move up through gold and platinum or do you use multiplayer to level into the difficulty level -- or breakneck teleport to each storyline objective to move on?  

20 hours ago, roks said:

So I'm curious btw.  Do you guys complete the main quest and such as you move up through gold and platinum or do you use multiplayer to level into the difficulty level -- or breakneck teleport to each storyline objective to move on?  

I usually play multiplayer while playing the champaign. I'v never finished the whole campaign in mp mode.

On 6/2/2019 at 7:01 PM, roks said:

Since I started playing Sacred 4 years ago, I've mostly played SP. Never really managed efficient pacing in the SP campaign, always get distracted by side-quests and such. As a result only two of my characters (BM, Daemon) have reached gold. I could've pushed the BM (level.120+) into plat but started playing other toons:P. For me power-leveling isn't a problem when you know good places to do it, even in SP. But the campaign itself is too long to repeat more than twice and as such I wish gold was accessible from the beginning for newer toons!

• Like! 1
5 minutes ago, iFLAME said:

Since I started playing Sacred 4 years ago, I've mostly played SP. Never really managed efficient pacing in the SP campaign, always get distracted by side-quests and such. As a result only two of my characters (BM, Daemon) have reached gold. I could've pushed the BM (level.120+) into plat but started playing other toons:P. For me power-leveling isn't a problem when you know good places to do it, even in SP. But the campaign itself is too long to repeat more than twice and as such I wish gold was accessible from the beginning for newer toons!

Yeah I've got caught up in a few side quests but I've managed to build this dwarf's survival bonus up to 91% so I'm kind of gambling with questing instead of break neck pace of play to see if I can grab a few set pieces from easy easy quests.  up to level 76, maxed out trade (159) without any super bonuses and not seeing any trade + 4 yet so, gotta keep going 

Up to 76 and heading to blackrock castle (ch 3).  Trading is a little stagnant right now (up to 159) waiting for the next tier of stuff or next tier or trade amulets to start selling.  I've scored a few Hard Hit +4 rings tho so if I come up against a solid wall I'll improve my hard hit level 81 x 4 combo.  Finally decided to bite the bullet a little and spend a bit on cannon skills and I couldnt be more pleased getting through crowds and such.  we'll see how long the skills keep up.

Still pounded by inventory (some is set pieces and some (2) are new 4 slot chest pieces I' dont have socket items to power them up big time so holding on to them..

Welcome to packrat.   At least I dump a lot of set pieces onto multiplayer save / mule to stay above water..

shot0026f7knr.jpg

• Like! 1

Just made it to platinum -- level 84.  Opened up bravemart to take a peak at the new hotter items and so on, sporting around 163 trade skill.  The items were fairly nice and decent, and some stats come in much improved forms but not in packages that wouldn't upset my setup currently yet

So I found 1 (one) trade + 4 item and managed to ... use LAN vooodoo to see if, say much higher trade could unlock some ammys with more trade value and other useful traits I wanted to see (Been a while since I've seen +1 to combat abilities on rings etc)

So I bumped up my trade to 183, one point short of 100 more trade skill points than levels... and much to my chagrin, for the most part every item was absolutely f'ing worse than previously.  Rings had less offense and defense if any at all, I never saw any +1 to all skills or combat abilities, and a whole slew of other junk affixes appeared.  Some items would be trash on a Silver player.  Whats the hell is going on bros?  does trade have a trap clause?

6 minutes ago, roks said:

Just made it to platinum -- level 84.  Opened up bravemart to take a peak at the new hotter items and so on, sporting around 163 trade skill.  The items were fairly nice and decent, and some stats come in much improved forms but not in packages that wouldn't upset my setup currently yet

So I found 1 (one) trade + 4 item and managed to ... use LAN vooodoo to see if, say much higher trade could unlock some ammys with more trade value and other useful traits I wanted to see (Been a while since I've seen +1 to combat abilities on rings etc)

So I bumped up my trade to 183, one point short of 100 more trade skill points than levels... and much to my chagrin, for the most part every item was absolutely f'ing worse than previously.  Rings had less offense and defense if any at all, I never saw any +1 to all skills or combat abilities, and a whole slew of other junk affixes appeared.  Some items would be trash on a Silver player.  Whats the hell is going on bros?  does trade have a trap clause?

Here's a ring from Goldshot0030vsky4.jpg

and a ring from platinum (this is better than most of the stuff I've browsed too)shot0031j7k1c.jpg

IS it perhaps my levels not being up to snuff that I'm being pranked.

It might be survival bonus. I've read the max trading in silver is +2, Gold +3, etc but I had a dark elf at level 68 in silver (only 79 in trading) that had SB around 90% and found trading +3.

Explore the map more & improve your SB is what I'd recommend.

42 minutes ago, Augmint said:

It might be survival bonus. I've read the max trading in silver is +2, Gold +3, etc but I had a dark elf at level 68 in silver (only 79 in trading) that had SB around 90% and found trading +3.

Explore the map more & improve your SB is what I'd recommend.

My survival bonus is 92% right now haha.  Level 85 but wondering if I should do underworld silver/ gold / plat to look around or not.  Stat ups sound sweet.

Surely Lady RNG is playing tricks on you. It's that or Trade's level requirement becomes super-exponential when you reach certain difficulty level. The later however doesn't make much sense as I've read in this forum about Trade retaining its usefulness far beyond your character's level. Hopefully, it's only Bravemart trying to run a bad batch on you!

All your beautiful screenshots made me dust-off  my trader BM and do a few quick runs in Porto Vallum (too lazy to go to capital). Lo and behold, It's just as rewarding and addictive as I remember it to be! My BM is at level 54, silver with 87 Trading and 80-ish SB. I know he's not much but got this on my 3rd refresh:

dgnwo4.jpg

So all is well on that front I guess. :)

Edited by iFLAME
Typo

For now, I decided to take the 87 dwarf on a trip to the underworld to test the waters (on platinum *dramatic music!!!!*).  I believe I've heard the underworld beastmobs are quite hearty/dangerous but so far I've made it to the fungus village.  Without pursuing my cannon skills I'd have been up the creek right now, as I've been leaning heavily before platinum on Thain's axe / self buffs / hard hit super combos, but these mofakas aren't interested in melee damage too often, flamethrower / mortar so far has kept things from murdering my face so far.

Regarding trade, its a tricky beast and I'm curious to see what it looks like around level 100 (I think platinum has a level cap of 180).  The only tricky part about trade being that the difference between level and Tradeskill level shrinking affects items.  Sometimes tho, I think going too high makes the game give you affixes IT thinks are good instead of ones that you think are good (looking at you, Additional potions).  I have a feeling I'm going to get a reality check in the underworld and run back to the normal campaign for some levels and trading as the monsters start outleveling me majorly =p  (currently fighting level 110-113+ level beastmobs but flamethrower still works for now, but dang they are starting to hit hard :^) 

• Like! 1
  • 2 months later...

Saw several questions pop up that haven´t been fully answered, so I´ll try to do that.

Regarding trading±

Merchants in Ancaria refresh their stock after you visit another merchant. It´s one of the beauties to exploit at Bravemart if you´ve unlocked both merchants next  to eachother.

However, the refreshing isn´t the only thing done, the quality of the items change as well. I´ve written a post about it at the Clan DA forum a long time ago and I believe Gogo copied it here somewhere.

But in short, quality of the items go from terrible ( like showing only potions) to bad (some jewelry) to good (jewelry with extra stats) to excelent (jewelry with golden stats) to terrible again.
It also explains this:

On 6/6/2019 at 5:35 PM, roks said:

As for eating runes;

As mentioned Dwarven Armour and Dwarven Steel don't have that much influence on how many runes you find, so you can keep on exchanging other ones for those. I'm not sure if Warcry is in that list too, but it certainly is a third CA I would reccommend to be used.

I shouldn't worry too much about the timers of these three CA's, since they will increase the more you increase the level of the CA; while regen will remain pretty low.

One thing you could do is to use keys 8, 9 and 0 for these three CA's, put the one with the longest timer at the 0 and the one with the shortest timer at 8, then activate them backwards. That way, all three CA's will run out of time at the same time or not long after the previous one.

That also leave you with two more CA slots, in which you can use flamethrower for close quarter fighting or your cannon blast or mortar for ranged fighting.

As for the Underworld campain:

The start is fairly easy, even at higher levels. The entire areas of Dwarven Ruins  and Fungi Hillock are swarming with easy to kill monsters. Even the Hornets are pretty easy when using flamethrower. I managed to kill some with CB, but perfer flamethrower for them. Mortar may be a better option, perhaps, but not sure.

However, after Purgatory you'll get into an area with monsters having a very high amount of WIDD (Wounds Increase Damage Dealt) and you really would like to fight those at a distance. Melee isn't really advised there, unless you're able to deal at least 5K damage with a single hit (not a hard hit), and although flamethrower got its damage over time; even that one needs to do at least 5K damage to deal with these monsters. And to make things worse, the Nuk-Nuk champions got a ranged attack dealing insane damage. I've got a pretty solid Dwarven build using CB and FT, but even that one got 3K hits IN SILVER from these mini-bosses.

The next two area's after the Embalmed Forest aren't that hard, but the moment you enter Hell's Ridge and later the Valley of Tears you'll face harder monsters again. Fortunately, XP in these area's is nice too, so it'll compensate a bit. Still, fighting at range would be a better option, with FT as backup, compared to fighting as melee.

Overall the Underworld campaign is a lot harder as the Ancaria campaign, no matter the level.

I know I've completed both several times in both SP and MP, although the SP games were always hard to do; while in MP it was done with multiple persons as a clan event.

Looking at things, I'm having the expression the Dwarf is one of the most suited fighters for the Underworld campain, if you're using CB / Mortar and FT. The main thing however isn't focussing at constitution, trade or concentration, but to focus at Weapon Lore, Dwarven Technology and Dwarven Lore. It's those three skills that make the difference between a killer Dwarf or a being killed Dwarf.

Thorin :)