GW2 - Blast from the past

Yesterday, I was farming skill points in the Char starter zone, and I remembered the jumping puzzle there that a group of us from FDM tried during beta.  At the top was supposed to be a powerful mini boss and a big treasure chest.  It went like most things did.  Max facing certain death with glee and joie de vivre, and me repeatedly saying, "we are going to DIE!".  And we died in beta.  A lot.  Not just in the jumping puzzle, but lots of ways, doing lots of things.  We did not make it to the top.

I found the jumping puzzle and made it to the top (no YouTube required).  I swapped the monster like a fly, opened the chest and thought "I would have expected more".

Hard to believe 7 years since GW2 beta.  That also means Sacred 2 Closed Net has been feasting in Valhalla for 7 years...

• Appreciation 1
3 hours ago, lujate said:

Yesterday, I was farming skill points in the Char starter zone, and I remembered the jumping puzzle there that a group of us from FDM tried during beta.  At the top was supposed to be a powerful mini boss and a big treasure chest.  It went like most things did.  Max facing certain death with glee and joie de vivre, and me repeatedly saying, "we are going to DIE!".  And we died in beta.  A lot.  Not just in the jumping puzzle, but lots of ways, doing lots of things.  We did not make it to the top.

I found the jumping puzzle and made it to the top (no YouTube required).  I swapped the monster like a fly, opened the chest and thought "I would have expected more".

Hard to believe 7 years since GW2 beta.  That also means Sacred 2 Closed Net has been feasting in Valhalla for 7 years...

wow... GW2! Were were all really there during Beta? I remember playing with eveyrone online... and do remember that jumping puzzle... good ole Max... 

Nostalgia!

:bounce:

gogo

p.s. remember that insane clan hideaway we bought ?  AWESOME 

2 hours ago, lujate said:

Most of beta was me, Kiy, Wygram and Max. Knuckles did one beta but didn't care for GW2. I think Ryan did one as well.

lol remember the cooking?

GW's version of fishing I think

:D

gogo

Wasn't it actually the skill that most benefited players? Or maybe it had a hack at the beginning of publication that gave it a greater yield?

:)

gogo

On 5/29/2019 at 6:02 PM, gogoblender said:

Wasn't it actually the skill that most benefited players? Or maybe it had a hack at the beginning of publication that gave it a greater yield?

:)

gogo

Cooking is the gift that keeps on giving. You craft a sword and it's forever. Food buffs last like 30 minutes, so everyone always needs more.

• Haha 1
  • 1 year later...

Ahhh... good old times :)

I actually took a break between January 2018 and May 2020, and now I still play from time to time.

Yesterday, with the 8th anniversary of the game, they dropped a teaser for the third expansion :

With the hashtag #canthaconfirmed :JC_hurrah:

• Like! 1