Jump to content

Sacred 2 Downloads - Rotating Blades of Light for Sacred 2


Recommended Posts

  • 1 year later...

Hey Flix, this is amazing!:resp:

I'm probably asking for too much but can you make this a module of S2EE? The spell looks so cool and I don't want to choose between the two mods, they're both great.

However, thanks for your work :)

Link to post
4 hours ago, Lindor said:

I'm probably asking for too much but can you make this a module of S2EE? The spell looks so cool and I don't want to choose between the two mods, they're both great.

 

Nevermind, I thought they were incompatible because the ingame description of the spell and its mods didn't update for me and you said in the description that 

 

On 5/30/2019 at 1:16 AM, Flix said:

 

  • This mod will not be compatible with any other mod that changes spells.txt or global.res (the game texts file).

 

which S2EE does, so I figured that was the problem.

Then I realised S2EE doesn't change anything about instill belief and the reason it didn't update was that I chose the german language for both the original game and the cm-patch and the rotating blades of light mod does not have a german description yet. Reinstalled everything in english, now it works perfectly fine. Sorry for not realising:B6nFRAh::D

Link to post
1 hour ago, Lindor said:

Then I realised S2EE doesn't change anything about instill belief and the reason it didn't update was that I chose the german language for both the original game and the cm-patch and the rotating blades of light mod does not have a german description yet. Reinstalled everything in english, now it works perfectly fine. Sorry for not realising

It will work installed on top of EE, you just won't get any of the text changes or spell changes from EE.

Actually, come to think of it, it might cause some crashes with certain enemies too, because some enemies in EE will have spells assigned to them that are non-existent in the RBoL spells.txt.

I'll just make another version of this mod that can be installed on top of EE 2.5 once that's released.

Link to post
  • 3 months later...
On 1/4/2021 at 8:40 AM, Flix said:

Right now, it's English-only.

I can add more translations, if anyone wants to translate the strings below:


1242915431	Rotating Blades of Light

3734181077	Buffet - The blades have a chance to stun enemies when they hit.
3734181078	Whirlwind - The blades spin faster, hitting enemies more often.
3734181190	Leech - The blades leech life from each enemy struck.
3734181191	Recharge - The blades draw energy from enemies to regenerate the Seraphim's combat arts.
3734181303	Strike - Significantly increases the chance for critical hits.
3734181304	Deathblow - Inflicts double damage when enemy health falls below 25%.

4226546901	The Seraphim conjures rotating blades of light that surround her. These blades move along with her and will damage any foes passing too close to the Seraphim.

4245061941	Rotating Blades of Light

 

This is how I'd translate it to Russian:

1242915431	Крутящиеся Клинки Света

3734181077	Сотрясение – Задетый клинком противник может быть оглушен.
3734181078	Вихрь – Клинки крутятся быстрее, нанося повреждения чаще.
3734181190	Кровопийца – При попадании, клинки похищают жизненную силу жертв.
3734181191	Зарядка – Клинки восстанавливают боевые умения Серафима, вытягивая из врагов энергию.
3734181303	Удар – Существенно повышает вероятность нанесения критического повреждения.
3734181304	Смертоносность – Наносит в два раза больше урона противникам, чей уровень здоровья ниже 25%.

4226546901	Серафим призывает клинки света, вращающиеся вокруг неё. Клинки движутся вместе с ней и наносят урон любому врагу, что подошел слишком близко.

4245061941	Крутящиеся Клинки Света

dunno how to open Global.res properly so I cant check and compare ID's in Ru and En, so I hope some1 who is much more smarter will

 

On 1/7/2021 at 8:49 AM, Lindor said:

I checked the ID's and they're the same for the German global.res.

 

  • Thanks! 1
Link to post

did 1 small mistake

last version:

1242915431	Крутящиеся Клинки Света

3734181077	Сотрясение – Задетый клинком противник может быть оглушен.
3734181078	Вихрь – Клинки крутятся быстрее, нанося повреждения чаще.
3734181190	Кровопийца – При попадании клинки похищают жизненную силу жертв.
3734181191	Зарядка – Клинки восстанавливают боевые умения Серафима, вытягивая из врагов энергию.
3734181303	Удар – Существенно повышает вероятность нанесения критического повреждения.
3734181304	Смертоносность – Наносит в два раза больше урона противникам, чей уровень здоровья ниже 25%.

4226546901	Серафим призывает клинки света, вращающиеся вокруг неё. Клинки движутся вместе с ней и наносят урон любому врагу, что подошел слишком близко.

4245061941	Крутящиеся Клинки Света

 

Link to post

forget everything I spamed above, already did it myself, works great, ty for mod!

but, found a bug, I guess. With leveling up ability get cd increase and no duration increase(always 60s), while others non-permanent buffs get both duration and cd scaled with CA's level.

Edited by nerasw
mistake
Link to post
38 minutes ago, nerasw said:

but, found a bug, I guess. With leveling up ability get cd increase and no duration increase(always 60s), while others non-permanent buffs get both duration and cd scaled with CA's level.

60s is already pretty long so it's probably intended and not a bug. But only Flix knows:flix:xD

Here's how to change it:
Unzip the file. In EE version, open scripts\shared\spells.txt. Search for "se_cm_bekehrung". In the section tokens, look for

entry0 = {"et_duration_sec", 6000, 0, 0, 8 },

The first number, 6000, means 60 seconds duration at level one. The second number, 0, is the scaling with CA level. Change it to your liking.
If you e.g. want +0.6 seconds duration per CA level so that the duration is doubled at CA level 100, it would look like this:

entry0 = {"et_duration_sec", 6000, 60, 0, 8 },

:)

  • Thanks! 1
Link to post

The cooldown for RBoL does not increase.  It remains at 60s, equal to the duration.  If the duration got longer than that you could stack it which is not what it was balanced for.

It will be up to the player to maintain regeneration times in order to keep them low enough so there is little to no downtime between casts.

Link to post
8 minutes ago, Flix said:

The cooldown for RBoL does not increase.  It remains at 60s, equal to the duration.  If the duration got longer than that you could stack it which is not what it was balanced for.

It will be up to the player to maintain regeneration times in order to keep them low enough so there is little to no downtime between casts.

I meant not CD but Regen. time, my bad.

but back to the duration, I just have dashing alacrity for example, according to wiki it has scaling duration (Duration is 20 + 0.01*CA-level seconds, which is probably small number ) but RBoL has no scaling on Duration at all, thats what im talking about. But if it intended, ok then

btw, if I give u already translated global.res (for Ru_ru both EE_core and EE_alt_spells), can u add it to mod files for those russian guys who wont mess with s2rw and spell.txt?

Link to post
56 minutes ago, Lindor said:

60s is already pretty long so it's probably intended and not a bug. But only Flix knows:flix:xD

Here's how to change it:
Unzip the file. In EE version, open scripts\shared\spells.txt. Search for "se_cm_bekehrung". In the section tokens, look for




entry0 = {"et_duration_sec", 6000, 0, 0, 8 },

The first number, 6000, means 60 seconds duration at level one. The second number, 0, is the scaling with CA level. Change it to your liking.
If you e.g. want +0.6 seconds duration per CA level so that the duration is doubled at CA level 100, it would look like this:




entry0 = {"et_duration_sec", 6000, 60, 0, 8 },

:)

Ye, but dashing alacrity, for ex, has scales

entry0 = {"et_duration_sec", 9000, 5, 0, 8 },

ye, 0.05s, ye small, but whatever it still exists. So I thought flix just forgot to add one.

btw is there any complete spell.txt guides or something?

and thanks, didnt know before red your post that 2nd number is scaling

Edited by nerasw
Link to post

Yes, the vanilla buff durations do scale, but the durations also start much lower than the cooldowns.

What I have done is saved the trouble of struggling and striving to catch up to the cooldown, and instead I handed the player an equal duration/cooldown ratio right off the bat.  All that the player has to do is balance his regen times.

Link to post
7 minutes ago, Flix said:

Yes, the vanilla buff durations do scale, but the durations also start much lower than the cooldowns.

What I have done is saved the trouble of struggling and striving to catch up to the cooldown, and instead I handed the player an equal duration/cooldown ratio right off the bat.  All that the player has to do is balance his regen times.

now I understand the logic behind the numbers, thanks.

37 minutes ago, nerasw said:

btw, if I give u already translated global.res (for Ru_ru both EE_core and EE_alt_spells), can u add it to mod files for those russian guys who wont mess with s2rw and spell.txt?

I guess its no?

Link to post
1 hour ago, nerasw said:

I guess its no?

Thank you for the translation.  I'll take care of it.  You'll have to try to be patient.  At any given time I have about 20 sub-projects I'm trying to advance, and splitting focus too much is a detriment to all.

  • Respect! 1
Link to post
33 minutes ago, Flix said:

Thank you for the translation.  I'll take care of it.  You'll have to try to be patient.  At any given time I have about 20 sub-projects I'm trying to advance, and splitting focus too much is a detriment to all.

understood, sorry for being annoying 

  • Appreciation 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...