Beyond Meat - BYND - Plant Based Meat lauches IPO

A few weeks ago just to give it a go, I tried out a vegetarian diet.  heh, didnt stick to it long... just to much of a beef eater...but it did put non meat fast food targets on my mind during that time, and I got to try out A and W's menu item called the Beyond Burger...which while expensive, was delicious for me :drool: Just a few days ago went out and bought the burgers.

Anyone else tried these? Theyre not the usual pasty, dense as a cookie, old=style patties.. these plant based based protein burgers bleed :eek:

slurp slurp

heres what it looks like when I cooked it at home and the package:

image.png

image.png

• zomgod! 1

They are old, I think like 100 years. Maximilian Bircher-Benner did not only the Bircher-Muesli but also prototypes of Bratlinge/veggie-burger. I prefer the german term Bratlinge (small roasted things). Burger sounds too much like the german word Bürger (citizen). And hamburger, why should I eat a citizen of Hamburg?   ;)

Our family version was invented at a saturday after shops closed already. Our kids said they will bring friends with them for Sunday and the carefully calculated recipe from the internet for a Bratling went boooff. I knew one had a gluten allergy, another was a veggie...

So I mixed red lentils with Grünkern, Dinkel-wheat, Einkorn-Wheat and rice - noticing that they had nearly the same boiling (and watering) time. Our oldest is married and uses a Thermomix machine to do it for two persons.

Much like this video. It's german but the pictures should be self-explanatory.

Wiki about Grünkern.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grünkern

• Like! 1
On 6/6/2019 at 3:18 PM, gogoblender said:

A few weeks ago just to give it a go, I tried out a vegetarian diet.  heh, didnt stick to it long... just to much of a beef eater...but it did put non meat fast food targets on my mind during that time, and I got to try out A and W's menu item called the Beyond Burger...which while expensive, was delicious for me :drool: Just a few days ago went out and bought the burgers.

Anyone else tried these? Theyre not the usual pasty, dense as a cookie, old=style patties.. these plant based based protein burgers bleed :eek:

slurp slurp

heres what it looks like when I cooked it at home and the package:

image.png

image.png

Certainly vegan diets are not for me, because I eat almost only meat and fish (and pizza), but once I tried something similar, although I can't say when ... I remember that the taste was quite similar to that of a real burger, but in any case I prefer a nice steak, or even better a pizza.

I think he is the happiest   --->  :cow:

7 hours ago, chattius said:

They are old, I think like 100 years. Maximilian Bircher-Benner did not only the Bircher-Muesli but also prototypes of Bratlinge/veggie-burger. I prefer the german term Bratlinge (small roasted things). Burger sounds too much like the german word Bürger (citizen). And hamburger, why should I eat a citizen of Hamburg?   ;)

Our family version was invented at a saturday after shops closed already. Our kids said they will bring friends with them for Sunday and the carefully calculated recipe from the internet for a Bratling went boooff. I knew one had a gluten allergy, another was a veggie...

So I mixed red lentils with Grünkern, Dinkel-wheat, Einkorn-Wheat and rice - noticing that they had nearly the same boiling (and watering) time. Our oldest is married and uses a Thermomix machine to do it for two persons.

Much like this video. It's german but the pictures should be self-explanatory.

Wiki about Grünkern.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grünkern

I guess that they must be very famous between vegan people,  but I've never tried out one.

The last time I ate something vegan was two weeks ago, when I ate a chickpea pie similar to a meatball, but made up of chickpeas. I think this is similar to a bratlinge, aren't it?