What Are You Currently Playing?

7 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

There was no topic where one could post about a game that one was currently playing. So, I created this as a haven where sharing facts and videos and such related to a new or old game that we enjoy would be fun and informative and perhaps generate discussion and introduce others to what they could potentially also enjoy.

Here is a video that I uploaded to YouTube of a bit of my game-play of Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. The game environment is very rich both in visual and auditory content. The game possesses a large, open-world map and a plethora of rewarding quests, not unlike Sacred 2, Fallen Angel.

Dragon's dogma looks like a pretty good game as arpg, and from the fandom wiki it also seems very durable, it also looks very similar to Sacred (which is a compliment, of course). How long have you been playing it?

instead, I have tempraneamnet abandoned the RPGs waiting for when they will discount Sacred II and finally I will be able to try it. Now I have a multitude of games, and at the moment the ones I prefer are the FPS Dirty Bomb, and X2 the threat. I even stopped playing Sacred I, because by now I know it by heart and I don't even need to read the quests to know where I'm going, and it makes the game boring. Despite this, I have not forgotten my duties as a Sacredwiki editor, and as soon as I finish with a job I am doing, I will complete my quest work.

• Appreciation 1

I played the game for the first time a year ago and enjoyed it, so I decided to start a new character and play it again from the beginning. You should check GOG for Sacred 2, because periodically they have it deeply discounted. Right now Sacred 2 Gold is just $2.99. I believe that's just 2.63 Euros.

8 hours ago, Mare said:

Dragon's dogma looks like a pretty good game as arpg, and from the fandom wiki it also seems very durable, it also looks very similar to Sacred (which is a compliment, of course). How long have you been playing it?

instead, I have tempraneamnet abandoned the RPGs waiting for when they will discount Sacred II and finally I will be able to try it. Now I have a multitude of games, and at the moment the ones I prefer are the FPS Dirty Bomb, and X2 the threat. I even stopped playing Sacred I, because by now I know it by heart and I don't even need to read the quests to know where I'm going, and it makes the game boring. Despite this, I have not forgotten my duties as a Sacredwiki editor, and as soon as I finish with a job I am doing, I will complete my quest work.

Thanks for that awesome support! Its too bad you werent there when the Hc servers were running. For many of us it was our first excursion into online, communities and forums... ahhh the thrill and the excitement.  Somtimes I couldnt even wait to finish work just to get to the servers and hang out at the traders where I'd meet up with all my buddies I met online from the forum or the game to just chat or keep buying items together.

Have a great day SacredWiki Editor ^^

:gogo:

gogo

• Thanks! 1
On 6/9/2019 at 3:10 AM, Mare said:

As I mentioned, Sacred 2 is only 2.63 Euros (at gog.com). I don't expect it to become cheaper than that. One pizza is more expensive, am I right?

• Thanks! 1

You're right but I want it on steam because I have to spend 5 € (or maybe 5 $, I dont remember) on steam to unluck the premium features on the account im currently using, where I haven't bought a game yet.

:smile:

Hey guys! I have to play Sacred 2 still but got not one account for some games (Like Wot , Lotro etc. etc.) all of these games to irritative for me or my PC not enough strrong after that 10 years :D In the Sacred I meet max with a bug that im stacking at the rocks or something else... I have tried out Battleforge reborned version which is boring now that why I do not playing it! And I got one more game which is very good and I can calm be in , but now I can't go ahead with the main quest ! This game name is : Elvenar Browser game pretty good for old PCs and Laptops and enjoyable with fellowship etc etc.! So at all only Sacred 2 left but I like from the old games one of the similar game which name is : Spellforce 2 and these expansions also good RPG but Sacred even better! Sacred for the Win , solo campaign and if I had two machines (PCs) once I will play LAN with Sacred 2 Gold :) No Way!

On 6/12/2019 at 12:33 PM, Gilberticus said:

Patiently waiting for Doom Eternal:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/782330/

Let's see if I did this correctly, I haven't posted a link in quite a while. Gotta go to a conference, I'll fix when I get back if I messed it up.

just saw the trailer... WOO HOO...

:bounce:

gogo

I also saw the new Mortal Kombat, 11, I think it is. I was going to pass on that, until I saw how much you can customize armor and weapons. Mortal Kombat has some sick armor! I remember playing the very first one in the arcade; you had the option of guy in yellow costume or guy in blue.  Now, ........ wow! That's why I love Skyrim and Fallout 4 so much; modders pump out so much sick armor. In F4, I have Tron Legacy armor, over 100 sets of armor from like every Halo game, a set from Cyberpunk 2077. What can I say, I'm a sucker for wicked armor :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/894940/Littlewood/

I'm not playing, but watching, something called Littlewood. The Nintendo-type graphics kind of are a turn off for me, but the concept is intriguing; the story's antagonist is already defeated, leaving you to rebuild a town. So, building without any mobs or conflict. I don't have anything quite like that; doesn't mean I'd necessarily like it, but it's interesting enough to me to merit watching. 

Edited by Gilberticus

Since last x-mas I have mainly been playing  a classic rpg soloplayer :
Pathfinder kingmaker, 3rd edition d&d ruleset. ( Its like Baldursgate 2 )
I complated normal difficulty with as much side stuff as possible in 504 hours, as a ranger.

In my honest opinnion only bad are its singleplayer, it costs some dullars - but its worth it.

Edited by D-molisher
added some info
  • Like! 1

Now doing hardmode as a wizard.
Then ill probably try doing a bard and some other classes, cause I can and the story changes slightly depending on class and choices.

9 hours ago, Augmint said:

Gonna be playing Grim Dawn soon ( late I know) and Shadows Awakening ...  both discounted on Steam now till July 10

https://store.steampowered.com/app/585450/Shadows_Awakening/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/219990/Grim_Dawn/

Was gonna get the last Epoch Beta but price and download size are too big. 

do the steam versions your ordering offer MP?

:)

gogo

On 6/20/2019 at 11:02 AM, D-molisher said:

Now doing hardmode as a wizard.
Then ill probably try doing a bard and some other classes, cause I can and the story changes slightly depending on class and choices.

talk about oldschool...my cuz just ordered ice wind dale again on is computer...sigh...he was up till three am just rolling characters...

:eek:

:viking:

gogo

• Like! 1

Ya I spend hours playing Pathfinder Kingmaker, best description are its like Baldurs gate 2 -> with a modern game engine. ( D&D ruleset 3. )

Besides that I beta test Subnautica below zero, got it for free since they wanted me testing it for boundary bugs and base build exploits.
And some DDO raiding with Discord community on satturdays / sundays.

Edited by D-molisher

Cyberpunk 2077 has also caught my attention. There's no way I can run that on this pc, so I have a feeling I'll be buying a console. In addition, 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/921800/Encased_A_SciFi_PostApocalyptic_RPG/

The words " inspired by the first two Fallout installments, Divinity: Original Sin" caught my attention, so I'll be watching that. But this thread isn't a "up and coming" thread, it's "Currently playing". On that front, I have nothing new to bring to the table. I love Sacred 2; it's like someone reached into my weird mind and pulled out all my favorite stuff. Where else can you find a cyborg dog-man with a jetpack and a laser for a hand? Or an angel that stomps around in GI Joe battle armor? Or Darth Sidious who also dabbles in black magic? I have other games, like Grim Dawn and Titan Quest, and while those are fun, Sacred 2 is what I return to in this genre at the end of the day. 

The other game I play and probably will be playing for years yet is Fallout 4. Bethesda makes a decent game, but it's the modding community that makes their games shine. Because of the talented modders, I have over 700 hours in F4 and still have barely scratched the surface. I can go from stomping around Commonwealth in one of like 400 Halo armors, slip on a  robe inspired by Tron Legacy that I wear when I'm making mayoral decisions, then come home to my mansion where women are swimming in my pool wearing only smiles. That right there is my definition of gaming at it's finest. 

• Like! 1
On 7/2/2019 at 11:34 AM, Gilberticus said:

The other game I play and probably will be playing for years yet is Fallout 4. Bethesda makes a decent game, but it's the modding community that makes their games shine. Because of the talented modders, I have over 700 hours in F4 and still have barely scratched the surface. I can go from stomping around Commonwealth in one of like 400 Halo armors, slip on a  robe inspired by Tron Legacy that I wear when I'm making mayoral decisions, then come home to my mansion where women are swimming in my pool wearing only smiles. That right there is my definition of gaming at it's finest. 

Fallout 4 is definitely a contender along my road of games for one of the best atmospherics...just that first few screens and that irresistible prose and world building  and you were drawn in.  

:)

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Gaming isn't just gaming to me, it's a continued saga for my Sacred characters. The reason: after so many hours, I don't want to let my Sacred characters go. Like my seraphim, Natasha; I spent a lot of time with her, not just ingame, but making a backstory for her. It was easy to continue her story in Grim Dawn. But it wasn't easy transitioning my Temple Guardians into other games. I could do like a "after the destruction of the Great Machine, the gods granted the Temple guardian a human body", but that's too easy for me, too lazy. That's why I chose Fallout 4; I read about Curie; a machine that wants to transfer her mind and memories into a human body. Based on that, it's not too much of a stretch to transition my favorite temple Guardian, Gilbertitron, into Fallout 4. But then what? I have a mod that unites all factions, so Gilbertitron, now simply Gilbert, is sitting with his son, as peace is restored all across the Commonwealth. Cool, but then what? He carved his way through baddies to destroy the Machine, carved an even bloodier trail in the search for his son, it's time to give him peace. So, that's what I've been looking for, and stumbled across this:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/464920/Surviving_Mars/

I am having SO much fun with this one. A lot of my customers think it's lame, as it doesn't have much of a tower defense aspect; no hostile Martians or xenomorphs charging you domes. While I respect that, if I wanted that, I would have gone with:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/644930/They_Are_Billions/

or maybe

https://store.steampowered.com/app/682530/MarZ_Tactical_Base_Defense/

But I didn't want that, I wanted a peaceful builder where I was attempting to turn Mars "green". So, that's what I've been doing. I have research domes slowly researching tech trees, farming domes where I'm watching geese run around, market sectors where I'm watching my colonists shop and  visit the diner (one of them immediately visited the medical center afterwards, so I might have to talk to my chefs :) ), park domes where I'm watching colonists stroll around, exercise areas where people are doing what looks like calisthenics,  GHG factories are slowly rising the temp, and I have about .02 percent of Mars sewn with grass and lichen. My only grumble so far is that it's so easy for me to lose myself in this one. My shop is closed today, so we got up at around 0700, ate breakfast, and wondered why my son was asking for lunch at 0800. I looked at the clock: whoops, it's not 0800, it's 1230. 

• Like! 1
44 minutes ago, Gilberticus said:

I love Surviving Mars. But I miss loot and the thrill of a boss kill. I just impulse bought Killsquad:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/910490/Killsquad/

because yesterday was my birthday and I felt like treating myself. I'll report back in a few hours once I decide whether or not I'm keeping it. 

Happy Birthday Friend! I had to see the trailer of that game you just posted about... lets see whatcha got here^^

:o

gogo