What Are You Currently Playing?

I'll be keeping Killsquad, though it wasn't quite what I was anticipating. I'll be real, though, I'm not sure that I'd like it quite as much if it didn't have... hmm.... basically Jason..... in a spacesuit. He even has a hockey mask.

5 hours ago, Gilberticus said:

I love Surviving Mars. But I miss loot and the thrill of a boss kill. I just impulse bought Killsquad:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/910490/Killsquad/

because yesterday was my birthday and I felt like treating myself. I'll report back in a few hours once I decide whether or not I'm keeping it. 

did you get this game? it looks awesome! and for four player online? does it handle well on your syste,?

:)

gogo

I did indeed. My system so far runs it like a champ. You can either solo the game, bring up to three friends, or go into the public section and up to three people are randomly assigned to your squad. So far, I've been able to solo the game with all four of the different characters. 

I just pitched it to Schot, my cousin and his 8 year old nephew... this could be AWESOME! we will find out o'er the next few days

game is to expensive as its still in development, and it's 20 percent off at 20.19

Woot!

:D

gogo

I was so excited for this one. I can't believe I uninstalled Sacred 2 for it. I uninstall Sacred because it's so easy to install and uninstall; if I uninstall Fallout 4, I have like 90some mods I have to reinstall. Anyway, I liked this game. But today, I was looking at the dev diary, and saw this :

Novarama  [developer] 37 minutes ago 

Explaining? Who needs explaining? Where we're going we don't need a damn explanation!

BlackjackGT 1 hour ago 

Love it. Though I wish you guys would put a concise 1-sentence explanation of Vector on the inventory screen so every newbie wouldn't have to spend so much time trying to understand the most important concept in Killsquad. 

That is a crap-poor attitude to have. Let's say you came into my store and said "Ryan, I don't get it: there are purple stones over here and purple stones over there, but these are called 'amethysts' and those are 'fluorite'. But they look almost identical! So, besides the price tag, what's the difference?" I think that's a valid question. So, you ask "what's the difference", and I respond with "Explain what? You don't need a damn explanation; those over there are fluorite, and the other ones are amethyst", isn't that kind of douchey? Maybe I'm getting more sensitive as I get older, but when a customer asks for an explanation, the salesman saying "you don't need an explanation" is in poor form, it's a buttmunch move.  It's too late to refund, but I'm not endorsing this one.

I'll tell ya something else, it is hard to find..... I hate using this term, but I already wrote a whole wall of stuff..... Diablo clone, these days. I'm tremendously disappointed with how Wolcen is turning out, I was never really impressed with Last Epoch. And I can't find much else. Is LifeLeech still in production? Because it is not empty, patronizing b.s when I say that I think the market sincerely needs it. 

• Like! 1

Don't you have a laptop, like with a wooden finish, or am I thinking of someone else? Can you change out components on laptops these days? If so, that's freaking awesome! 

On 7/23/2019 at 9:26 AM, Gilberticus said:

Don't you have a laptop, like with a wooden finish, or am I thinking of someone else? Can you change out components on laptops these days? If so, that's freaking awesome! 

I do have a laptop, but it doesnt  have the processor this beast of a game needs.  Are you actually able to play it on yours? I have a desktop upon which's video card I last updated for Diablo 3...oooh, years ago...

:4rofl:

gogo

I did have a laptop, and there's no way I could have run it. I game on my desktop now, and it runs just fine and dandy. All I know about my desktop is it's got an i5-2400 processor and a  GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card. Some of my customers scoff, "blah blah old and outdated blah blah", but I can run both Sacred games, Doom, Killsquad, Fallout 4, and a few others just fine. I also hear "you gotta upgrade. Blah blah Windows 10, blah blah such and such and such cpu, graphics card blah blah". Why upgrade, to join the " (╯︵╰) I can't run Sacred 2  anymore" crowd? Bonk, wrong answer. If it's not broke, don't fix it :)

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I had just a heck of a time finding something to scratch a particular itch I have. I want to mine, farm, build a house, have a pool, and have some sort of vehicle to cruise around in. Ya might think "dude, are you serious? That is everything, from Empyrion to Starbound". And that's true; I know how to build a pool in Starbound, and you can even have a pool in Empyrion if you build over water. If I remember right, Empyrion even has a type of plaster texture, so I can build those weird Richard Meier homes I love so much. Empyrion ticks most of those boxes nicely, but I don't really want to have to defend my home, I'm looking for something a little more relaxed. I could build any home I desired (with pool) in Rising World, but no vehicle. They have horses and mules in Rising World, and that's cool, but Rising World has too little challenge. All you have to do is find one plant or fruit-bearing tree, and you're set. Crops never wither or need water; you have a whole field in absolutely no time. The game's awesome as far as graphics, but there's just too little challenge at this time. I intended on saying a lot more, but I have a high fever at the moment and feeling a little bogus, so long story short, I think I might give Planet Explorers another go. I haven't tried that one in years. I know it's mostly negative reviews, but I think most of that's something to do with mp being cancelled, which isn't exactly a concern of mine. I wish I would have waited a few years to get it, though, as I see it's now free. But since I already own it, I think I'm gunna give that a try when I kick this fever crud :)

• Like! 1

Gilberticus, have you tried

On 8/5/2019 at 12:05 AM, Gilberticus said:

I had just a heck of a time finding something to scratch a particular itch I have. I want to mine, farm, build a house, have a pool, and have some sort of vehicle to cruise around in. Ya might think "dude, are you serious? That is everything, from Empyrion to Starbound". And that's true; I know how to build a pool in Starbound, and you can even have a pool in Empyrion if you build over water. If I remember right, Empyrion even has a type of plaster texture, so I can build those weird Richard Meier homes I love so much. Empyrion ticks most of those boxes nicely, but I don't really want to have to defend my home, I'm looking for something a little more relaxed. I could build any home I desired (with pool) in Rising World, but no vehicle. They have horses and mules in Rising World, and that's cool, but Rising World has too little challenge. All you have to do is find one plant or fruit-bearing tree, and you're set. Crops never wither or need water; you have a whole field in absolutely no time. The game's awesome as far as graphics, but there's just too little challenge at this time. I intended on saying a lot more, but I have a high fever at the moment and feeling a little bogus, so long story short, I think I might give Planet Explorers another go. I haven't tried that one in years. I know it's mostly negative reviews, but I think most of that's something to do with mp being cancelled, which isn't exactly a concern of mine. I wish I would have waited a few years to get it, though, as I see it's now free. But since I already own it, I think I'm gunna give that a try when I kick this fever crud :)

Gilberticus have you tried Minecraft? Isn't that supposed to be the absolute hottest building thing around these days?

:D

gogo

Minecraft was cool, but it was very blocky. I decided to go back to Rising World. I found a beautiful stretch of beach, so I built a boardwalk from the beach to the ocean, and at the end built a.....hmm, I'm not quite sure what I'd call it....... maybe an open-air safari lodge. I put glass sections in the floor so I can watch the water under my feet, then I made the ceiling out of  wooden grates and put the wavy glass panes underneath, so it looks like mesh netting when I look up at it. Instead of walls, I put a layer or two of stone skirting, so I can fish right off the side of this thing and not fall in. I put a semi-enclosed set of stairs in the center for easy swimming access. Right before I logged on here, I was watching the sunset while grilling some venison and fishing for plaice. Minecraft is cool, but In Rising World, I can create the vacation spots that I can't quite afford in the real world. 

Generally speaking I am a console gamer, but I have begun an interest in the PC Gaming world. I have both a PS3 and an XBOX 360, I have and still play PS2 Games on my PS2 as well as a few old PSOne titles. I even have an original XBOX too, though I have not played on that for quite some time now. For the most part I play Sacred 2 for the PS3, but I now try to split up my time playing the game on that and Sacred 2 Gold via Gog. I would love to so much complete Venetica, but like Oblivion, while being a wonderful open world RPG, it's too massive and I need a walthrough to help me play the game, last time I tried to find a walkthrough for Venetica, to my shock and horror, no walkthrough had been made, vast open worlds while wonderful, are very daunting to me personally and I am just simply going to get lost in such games, so I avoid playing them, but I should not have to do so.

Edited by SheHawk

Gogo, if I remember right, you like horror stuff. Dude, do I have a free Steam game for you:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1111210/The_Backrooms_Game/

I have about 6 total hours playing this game. It seemed easy enough at first; check watch every 30 seconds for the "press E" prompt, don't check watch too often, don't look at the entity, don't run unless you hear a static sound, don't look at the lights. But in the heat of the moment, you forget some of that stuff. And that's when the creepy noises start, the walls and floor start swimming, the vision starts dimming. 

On 8/9/2019 at 8:32 AM, Gilberticus said:

Gogo, if I remember right, you like horror stuff. Dude, do I have a free Steam game for you:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1111210/The_Backrooms_Game/

I have about 6 total hours playing this game. It seemed easy enough at first; check watch every 30 seconds for the "press E" prompt, don't check watch too often, don't look at the entity, don't run unless you hear a static sound, don't look at the lights. But in the heat of the moment, you forget some of that stuff. And that's when the creepy noises start, the walls and floor start swimming, the vision starts dimming. 

lol... that was a very entertaining description... plus... free is never a bad thing^^  Cool  concept... "backrooms" and that carpet... for some reason that seems to be an already scary idea

Game looks fun enough for a quick Sunday sprawl

gogo

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2019 at 10:53 PM, gogoblender said:

I am currently playing DDO.
Yes off all games I play DDo on the new HC server, with all the discord gang.
Finally some party fun, only bad are HC is P2p.

Lately these mobile gaves have just been so eveil for me... I'm still playing a bit of Archeros, but im SO sucked into TapTap Heroes

... yah yah laugh...but there is so much DEPTH in this games and LOADS of heroes with sick game mechanics (thats the sacred background beckoning ) I guess it's kind of like might and magic turnbased?

I have sworn I will NOT put any money into it...I so swear! :viking:

halp

:oooo:

gogo

https://store.steampowered.com/app/33550/Time_of_Shadows/

Dudes, this game sucks on a spectacularly epic scale. Graphics are bad, voice acting is bad, random crap is attacking villagers for no apparent reason (I accidentally targeted a villager and zapped that poor woman to oblivion with a lightning spell). I mean, this game sucks so badly that they need to develop a new, stronger word to describe how monumentally atrocious this game is. But then, for reasons I can't possibly fathom, I kind of got hooked. The heroes aren't the typical Amazon, Soldier, and Mage that I typically play; they're Fat Friar, Weird Gypsy, Awkward Scholar, and Baker's Wife. I'm not joking, those are actually what their character classes are called. It's kind of like..... someone took all my classic favorites and tried to pay homage to them while also giving them all the finger at the same time. I'm not recommending this game, I just thought one or two of you could relate to buying a game that sucks on such a cosmic scale and yet inexplicably can't put it down. 

• Haha 1
On 8/29/2019 at 2:00 PM, Gilberticus said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/33550/Time_of_Shadows/

Dudes, this game sucks on a spectacularly epic scale. Graphics are bad, voice acting is bad, random crap is attacking villagers for no apparent reason (I accidentally targeted a villager and zapped that poor woman to oblivion with a lightning spell). I mean, this game sucks so badly that they need to develop a new, stronger word to describe how monumentally atrocious this game is. But then, for reasons I can't possibly fathom, I kind of got hooked. The heroes aren't the typical Amazon, Soldier, and Mage that I typically play; they're Fat Friar, Weird Gypsy, Awkward Scholar, and Baker's Wife. I'm not joking, those are actually what their character classes are called. It's kind of like..... someone took all my classic favorites and tried to pay homage to them while also giving them all the finger at the same time. I'm not recommending this game, I just thought one or two of you could relate to buying a game that sucks on such a cosmic scale and yet inexplicably can't put it down. 

the screenies are amazing

ss_88e52621f6b546a5fbd4ae9af738e4d235930d02.1920x1080.jpg

whats the pacing like?

gogo

Agonizingly slow, I jumped back into The Surge. However, Time of Shadows does have it's charm. Combining spells was kind of cool. Your character also mutates, which is dependent on your highest spell. I suddenly found my character stomping around with a demon horn because I used so much fire magic. 

6 hours ago, Gilberticus said:

Agonizingly slow, I jumped back into The Surge. However, Time of Shadows does have it's charm. Combining spells was kind of cool. Your character also mutates, which is dependent on your highest spell. I suddenly found my character stomping around with a demon horn because I used so much fire magic. 

k... here we go... admission... im addicted to playing tap tap heroes on my phone....

nooooooooooooooooooo

:oooo:

gogo

Now I'm back to working again, I somehow lack the time  to play many games. :dntknw:

So I won't post the list of all the games I've been playing in the last couple of months. Instead I'll stick to the ones I've been playing since I'm working again.

Basically those are:
- Sacred 2 (because although I got chars in Niob, I haven't finished the Niob Campaign yet);

- Wurm Online (the older version of Wurm Unlimited someone mentioned here)

- Foundation (A great city builder in wich villagers got quite some freedom)

- Baldurs Gate (Making me wonder why I never bought it before, considering its age)

- Sacred: Underworld (When visiting my parents and because not many other games run at my laptop).

As for the latter, I started a new Gladiator, moved him into Silver when reaching level 6 and already managed to get him killed twice. :twitch:

Once at the infamous invested Goblin Lawn, once when facing 6 Orc Archers, a bunch of Goblin Shamen summoning too many Goblins and a few Goblin Champs.

It also showed that Sacred: Underworld is a lot harder as Sacred 2, considering you don't have a shared stash, so (almost) no chance to exchange set-items between chars. Oh well, I'm still having fun with the game and I may consider starting a Canon - Flamethrower Dwarf next time I'm visiting my parents, as those are a lot more fun.

Thorin :) 

• Like! 1