What Are You Currently Playing?

10 hours ago, Therion X said:

I

11 hours ago, Flix said:

Yes! I love time travel.  Looks very cool.  I am not generally an early-access kind of guy though (why should I pay money to work as a beta tester?).

It's on my wishlist for sure though.

I don't know how much our tastes align since I adore Grim Dawn, but you might like to check out Shadows: Awakening part of the Heretic Kingdoms series which I haven't been able to stop talking about for the past month.  It's not much like Grim Dawn if that helps.  :lol:

time travel, nooooooooooooooo.... lol the moment that gets into a movie or game my brain goes gak from overload ...i've always found plot so difficult to follow in movies...but in games?  I'm even wondering if I've even encountered it...  Please tell me Flix there's no new Time Travel Quest coming up in a new Sacred patch

:4rofl:

gogo

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

time travel, nooooooooooooooo.... lol the moment that gets into a movie or game my brain goes gak from overload ...I've always found plot so difficult to follow in movies...but in games?  I'm even wondering if I've even encountered it... 

Watch the trailer, it looks like it's sort of a "rewind" function. Like when a long complex battle goes poorly (maybe you even die), you can turn back the clock to a point in the battle where it was going well, and try again.  :wizard:

10 minutes ago, Flix said:

Watch the trailer, it looks like it's sort of a "rewind" function. Like when a long complex battle goes poorly (maybe you even die), you can turn back the clock to a point in the battle where it was going well, and try again.  :wizard:

the trailer's got great music... ahh, and now i get it ...rewind battle to a loss... that I can like!

:D

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

I love all the great feedback everyone here is giving... Gak... my own  video card has gone a frazzle... we replaced it back seven years ago... (7!  :eek::lol:) alas...even with Schot Powers... and tinkering it looks like it's spun its final spin... just looking for something good priced and then I get to try out these goodies... and join up !

:)

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!
In the meantime, I got a new PC, not the most powerful on earth but it still gives me what I expected. Now I’m thinking hard about Sacred 2 again because my current game (lotro) is starting to get very bleak. Well, that kind of thing happens and I don’t even know what I’d love to play. I'd rather just watch, net. Everyone stay home! 

• Appreciation 1
17 hours ago, kokoka said:

Hi everyone!
In the meantime, I got a new PC, not the most powerful on earth but it still gives me what I expected. Now I’m thinking hard about Sacred 2 again because my current game (lotro) is starting to get very bleak. Well, that kind of thing happens and I don’t even know what I’d love to play. I'd rather just watch, net. Everyone stay home! 

Kotoka, doesnt is just feel so good to have a computer ready and able to do our bidding...build words, and power our new and freshly generated characters into a world of magical storms, sorcery and battles! So happy you have found you partner in mechanical apt, and wishing you well upon your journey with Sacred 2 again!

:friends3:

gogo

• Appreciation 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 11:34 AM, Timotheus said:

In a nutshell: I ended up with at least two bugged quests, and my experience turned out to be less fun than I anticipated having played the demo and all. I have yet to finish the game...

After some time off I decided to pick this game back up again. I had a blast today. Took the time to respec, and the later levels are just a better experience than the middle bit. I managed to 'fix' one of the bugged quests, and currently finishing up chapter 8 I think, out of 12. 

Let's see if I can finish my playthrough this week. :)

Edited by Timotheus
  • Like! 1

And I've completed my playthough. Looking back, it wasn't half bad. Maybe I picked a wrong class to do my first playthrough with, Umbralist, and the mid-game really got under my skin with unnecessarily complicated level design. But putting it on the backlog and playing something else after it was so frustrating was a good idea. Love all the easter eggs as well, brings back some of that Sacred vibe. :)

After this I looked over my Steam backlog and tried The uncertain: last quiet day. Not my cup of tea due to it's extremely low pace and frustratingly linear (I.e. you see batteries lying around but you can't pick them up until the storyline asks you to). After 2 hours I gave up and moved on to another game: Warhammer 40k: Space Marine. Mindless violence has it's place lol 

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Timotheus said:

After this I looked over my Steam backlog and tried The uncertain: last quiet day. Not my cup of tea due to it's extremely low pace and frustratingly linear (I.e. you see batteries lying around but you can't pick them up until the storyline asks you to). 

This looked cool to me though.  I saw the trailer on Steam... I kinda am into Robot Dystopias

:crazy:

gogo

22 hours ago, Timotheus said:

After some time off I decided to pick this game back up again. I had a blast today. Took the time to respec, and the later levels are just a better experience than the middle bit. I managed to 'fix' one of the bugged quests, and currently finishing up chapter 8 I think, out of 12. 

Was this Van Helsing we were talking about?  I still haven't picked that one back up, I only made a little way past the first town.  The Heretic Kingdoms completely dominated January and February for me (so good).

Did you try that patch/mod that I mentioned for Final Cut?  https://steamcommunity.com/app/400170/discussions/0/490125737479241823/

10 hours ago, gogoblender said:

This looked cool to me though.  I saw the trailer on Steam... I kinda am into Robot Dystopias

:crazy:

gogo

If you are in the mood to play a slow-paced game you could give it a try. I have quite a few games in my library which were free for a short amount of time, this was one of them. I was happy there was no money wasted on IT though.

Actually, I picked up Total War: Shogun 2 that way as well and you could taken advantage of that right now. Free until the first of May, I believe. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/34330

10 hours ago, Flix said:

Was this Van Helsing we were talking about?  I still haven't picked that one back up, I only made a little way past the first town.  The Heretic Kingdoms completely dominated January and February for me (so good).

Did you try that patch/mod that I mentioned for Final Cut?  https://steamcommunity.com/app/400170/discussions/0/490125737479241823/

I did not even try the mod, no. But since I finished the storyline, I probably will not be returning to it for the next little bit. 

I'll have Heretic Kingdoms memorised for future games ;) although after Warhammer I'll probably pick up Last Epoch again. Haven't tried PoE on pc yet, either. 

Edited by Timotheus
  • Like! 1
4 hours ago, Gilberticus said:

Just won a free key to She Will Punish them; I plan on trying that, at least til Cyberpunk 2077 comes out. 

The title of that game is SICK....

lol...they all look like really really BAD versions of our beloved Seraphim!

:eek:

:lol:

:4rofl:

gogo

She's a Succubus, who's absolutely savage. Heads and body parts fly everywhere. The part that some don't like is if you die, you lose all your equipment that you entered the stage in. But there's an easy fix for that; learn the game. It takes a little bit to get used to, but it's very rewarding once you get used to the controls.

• Like! 1
On 4/30/2020 at 4:32 PM, Gilberticus said:

She's a Succubus, who's absolutely savage. Heads and body parts fly everywhere. The part that some don't like is if you die, you lose all your equipment that you entered the stage in. But there's an easy fix for that; learn the game. It takes a little bit to get used to, but it's very rewarding once you get used to the controls.

I LOVE this premise... it keeps echoing with that fabulous title.  Definitely not a game for kids...and kinds reminds me of that version of Sacred that released 15 years ago... that Demo with severed heads and gouting blood from decapitated limbs. 

this game's release was so ambitious!

:viking:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

I recently discovered Black Desert online through a friend from path of exile. SUPER complex. I avoid half the "sim" n "real life" styled stuff because it's just too much. But the arpg side and the skill system are pretty cool. It's like open world tekken or something. Lots of keyboard strokes and mouse movements. Takes a while to get used to. Its also xbox controller compatible if you prefer but the button combinations become a bit overwhelming compared to keyboard play. Only downside is the epic running around. But there's auto walk and you can go get food or use the b.r. in the mean time. 

Any way its fun and different though very similar in atmosphere and style to Sacred 2 actually. Thought it might be a fit for some in this community. 

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, Gilberticus said:

I'm not playing anything atm, but I found a Youtube video of the first game I ever played:

Love the graphics and the 

number of bullets the chopper shoots

the style of the graphics...

this game has aged very well... retro FTW

:hooyaah:

gogo

7 hours ago, Veracious said:

I recently discovered Black Desert online through a friend from path of exile. SUPER complex. I avoid half the "sim" n "real life" styled stuff because it's just too much. But the arpg side and the skill system are pretty cool. It's like open world tekken or something. Lots of keyboard strokes and mouse movements. Takes a while to get used to. Its also xbox controller compatible if you prefer but the button combinations become a bit overwhelming compared to keyboard play. Only downside is the epic running around. But there's auto walk and you can go get food or use the b.r. in the mean time. 

Any way its fun and different though very similar in atmosphere and style to Sacred 2 actually. Thought it might be a fit for some in this community. 

These are INCREDIBLE graphics... are the combining Cell and Animation together in battle? outstanding, and looks to be an exciting

Must need hekuva gaming card

gogo

16 hours ago, gogoblender said:

These are INCREDIBLE graphics... are the combining Cell and Animation together in battle? outstanding, and looks to be an exciting

Must need hekuva gaming card

gogo

I assume you watched gameplay video? I don't know what it requires but I'm running gtx 1070 I think? It's about 3 years old but it was pretty high at the time. And I have zero problems

Edited by Veracious
Fixed details
On 5/15/2020 at 9:12 AM, Veracious said:

I assume you watched gameplay video? I don't know what it requires but I'm running gtx 1070 I think? It's about 3 years old but it was pretty high at the time. And I have zero problems

For something from a few years back... boy did these guys get magic right .. loads and loads of particles... for all the classes!

:wizard:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Old School shooter; I don't have much experience with those. The only ones I played were before we had auto aim and target lock-on. GearStorm doesn't have those, either; which I love. Auto aim, too me, is so immersion-breaking, unless I was the only one who wasn't issued auto-aiming technology in the military :)

But this is so much more than a shooter. This is an open world sci-fi base building adventure rpg. Discover new lands, build new bases, populate new colonies, build and customize vehicles; that type deal.