What Are You Currently Playing?

I just realised I suck at playing console games. Whoever decided I need to use two joysticks AND the buttons, preferably all at the same time, clearly overestimated my abilities. Lol. :3lmao:

Bad luck for my Nathan Drake games, but those are going up for sale again.

• Haha 1

A few of my friends and even my cousins are huge fans of COD ... a d d i c t i o n...

maybe theres some other kinds of angles on console games that could be fun?

I'm actually just waiting out the end of Season 20 for D3 ... looking  forward to starting up the new GOD DH build... looks just stunning

I think new seaons stating in next few weeks...i just look at this delicious gorgeous mayhem... it soooo relaxes me!

I play on PC if yer interested TImo... I can open up a new toon in Euro or you can come join me in Americas

:blink:

gogo

3 hours ago, Timotheus said:

I just realised I suck at playing console games. Whoever decided I need to use two joysticks AND the buttons, preferably all at the same time, clearly overestimated my abilities. Lol. :3lmao:

Bad luck for my Nathan Drake games, but those are going up for sale again.

Thats a shame, the uncharted games were quite a lot of fun and the stories were decent too. I recently finished the first three and have the fourth ready to go.

There's something about having to use two joysticks man... I really enjoy messing about in single player D3 on my PS4 and played PoE for a bit as well. Plus the occasional race game of course. But these games, my brain just will not let me :B6nFRAh:

Edited by Timotheus
4 hours ago, Timotheus said:

There's something about having to use two joysticks man...

I completely agree, mouse input is so much easier. I definitely had violent urges towards the controller in some parts of the games, but I think I ended up lowering difficulty for those areas and then raising it again after. For any real FPS like COD, battlefield etc. I wouldn't even try!

And.. I've just been gifted this this morning... apparently Schot and a small gang of (three of them max six)  complete addicts are playing this online... didnt even know that was possible??

Heres a quick trailer... will report back

:oooo:

gogo

Currently playing DDo hardcore with my discord gang, mostly cause its free this summer.
Doing a light caster FVS, since bards are hmm squishy for HC and need some proper gear and a steady team.
Bards are mostly party buffers / CC, and not balanced for most people, cause off the nerfs to bards I caused over the last 12 years.

There was alot off unthought synergis and unintended stuff I did.
Translate into I probably had too much fun, and greatly unbalanced the game buffing raid partys.
And being able to fascinate any moster cause off too low tier things inthe 3 sub class skill trees.

I only go spell singer in Hardcore, the 2 other subclass are close combat with low defence skill.
Warchanter are ice flavor close combat 1 or 2 h weapons + CC, too squishy for HC.
Swashbuckler are 1 h + shield and close combat + coup de grace ( assasinate skill ) + CC, also too squishy for HC.
Spell singer are caster + CC, ranged caster way safer. Or just fascinate stuff while invissible- if in trouble. Also the hp regen song and the sp regen song from level 8 / 12 and caster buffing songs.

Edited by D-molisher

I found a stupid little game to play for a bit. Barn Finders. It's nothing special, but a break from my usual games. Took advantage of a sale.

And with the Steam sales I've picked up Civ6 (vanilla), Sacred 3 (I know) and Bayonetta. Quite interested in testing Civ and Bayonetta. And I think I need to have given S3 a try, at the very least lol. 

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...

Been playing Chronicon lately. Seriously addictive little game. Its pretty much a real-time rogue-like with retro graphics. Has one of the better enchantment systems I've seen in these type of games (probably makes it too easy to get perfect gear though, but I don't really care).

Well I gave Civ6 a go, no dice. Not a game for me, very micro-manage-y. Played too long to get a refund though.
Turns out Barnfinders somehow makes me nauseous while playing it for extended periods of time? Really weird. Maybe it's some FoV issue or something.

I am actually trying to play through the SP campaign of Sacred 2 with a BFG Seraphim. Never played the campaign, never played the Seraphim, whaddayaknow! :wink:

Edited by Timotheus
  • Like! 1
14 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Well I gave Civ6 a go, no dice. Not a game for me, very micro-manage-y. Played too long to get a refund though.
Turns out Barnfinders somehow makes me nauseous while playing it for extended periods of time? Really weird. Maybe it's some FoV issue or something.

I am actually trying to play through the SP campaign of Sacred 2 with a BFG Seraphim. Never played the campaign, never played the Seraphim, whaddayaknow! :wink:

I played 50 or sixty levels with that BFG earlier.. hugely satisfying... those balls of sizzling lightning traveling across the screen  are never tiring...

Theres a few CA's they got down perfect and thats one of them

:viking:

gogo

• 2 months later...

I decided to live my dream and become a Formula 1 driver for the Mercedes AMG Petronas Racing Team. Well, "virtually," of course. It is indeed possible to play F1 2020 with an XBOX controller for PC. This is the first racing game that I have played except the old arcade game, Pole Position, and I have only been doing speed trials like this for about fourteen hours. I finally stepped up from the Formula 2 cars to Formula 1, here is my results. I am really beginning to enjoy this sim and I recommend it highly.

• Respect! 1

That looks awesome! You know what Hooyah? I've been looking at racing games for a few months now and racing setups are SOOO tempting to give it a try, with a steering wheel though! I wouldn't want to try a non-arcade racer with a controller. I've been oogling second hand offers of the Playseat Challenge to have a nice, compact setup. But maybe I just need to get my hands on a nice starter steering wheel. 

It sucks that I have a PS4 and PC though, since steering wheel compatibility between the two sometimes ends up being proper weird on the PC side where the steering wheel will have it's buttons switched. That actually made me buy an aftermarket Xbox controller to play Sacred 3 (I tried the Dual Shock controller but that was really awkward with PS4 muscle memory). :dntknw:

I believed the same thing and was planning to get a racing wheel controller. However, the best setup is with a racing seat, pedals and the wheel, of course. A simple racing wheel would have to be mounted so as not to move around on your desk and the pedals on the floor would move forward on braking unless it's secured against the wall in front or on a thick carpet which, over time would experience wear. A decent, workable, and durable setup is quite expensive and requires a significant amount of floor space. Rather than invest my cash on such a set up, for the time being, at least, I intend to get a Razer Wildcat eSports Customizable Premium Controller when I can find one in stock. It seems that because of the Covid-19 lock-down a record number of people are gaming and buying PCs, components, games, and accessories. This is a reason why it's difficult to obtain the latest Nvidia GPUs.

EDIT: I was doing some additional investigating and I believe that I have settled on the Razer Wolverine Ultimate. It has some additional buttons and features that I appreciate.

• Thanks! 1
On 11/10/2020 at 10:14 AM, Timotheus said:

That looks awesome! You know what Hooyah? I've been looking at racing games for a few months now and racing setups are SOOO tempting to give it a try, with a steering wheel though! I wouldn't want to try a non-arcade racer with a controller. I've been oogling second hand offers of the Playseat Challenge to have a nice, compact setup. But maybe I just need to get my hands on a nice starter steering wheel. 

It sucks that I have a PS4 and PC though, since steering wheel compatibility between the two sometimes ends up being proper weird on the PC side where the steering wheel will have it's buttons switched. That actually made me buy an aftermarket Xbox controller to play Sacred 3 (I tried the Dual Shock controller but that was really awkward with PS4 muscle memory). :dntknw:

On 11/10/2020 at 10:39 AM, Hooyaah said:

I believed the same thing and was planning to get a racing wheel controller. However, the best setup is with a racing seat, pedals and the wheel, of course. A simple racing wheel would have to be mounted so as not to move around on your desk and the pedals on the floor would move forward on braking unless it's secured against the wall in front or on a thick carpet which, over time would experience wear. A decent, workable, and durable setup is quite expensive and requires a significant amount of floor space. Rather than invest my cash on such a set up, for the time being, at least, I intend to get a Razer Wildcat eSports Customizable Premium Controller when I can find one in stock. It seems that because of the Covid-19 lock-down a record number of people are gaming and buying PCs, components, games, and accessories. This is a reason why it's difficult to obtain the latest Nvidia GPUs.

EDIT: I was doing some additional investigating and I believe that I have settled on the Razer Wolverine Ultimate. It has some additional buttons and features that I appreciate.

Hopeless race addicts!!

:whip:

I had a friend who completely kitted out with his ps4... yes, was AMAZING and cost... *gulp*.. lets change subject

:lol:

gogo

14 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Yes, I can see where F1 2020 could get pricey and ridiculously expensive. I just got my Razer Wolverine Ultimate today. I'll let you know what I think of it after some hours of game-time.

holee moleee....

preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemeeeeeum... :JC_hurrah:

81kKfnnHeuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

:bounce:

gogo

Right now, testing the Baldur's gate 3 prerelease version made me want to try (again) Divinity 2 also by Larian.

Granted, despite the bugs, the new Baldur's gate is very promising. However, after seeing that only act I is available, I prefer to reserve myself and wait a little to see how long it would take them to release chapter II (the whole game is apparently around 1 year away).

So, to keep being patient, I am getting my RPG fix by playing Divinity2 :)

• Like! 1
On 11/14/2020 at 9:43 AM, Daedalus said:

Right now, testing the Baldur's gate 3 prerelease version made me want to try (again) Divinity 2 also by Larian.

Granted, despite the bugs, the new Baldur's gate is very promising. However, after seeing that only act I is available, I prefer to reserve myself and wait a little to see how long it would take them to release chapter II (the whole game is apparently around 1 year away).

So, to keep being patient, I am getting my RPG fix by playing Divinity2 :)

ahhh, Larian...  the deep love of ARPG players :heart:  That was actually the first video game I ever bought for my PC...  their products just drip craft 

:gogo:

gogo

• Like! 1

Alright I might follow @Hooyaah's footsteps. Albeit in a different way. I put in an offer on a second hand Logitech G29. Might be able to pick that up somewhere in the upcoming weeks. 
Considering that between GoG and Steam I still have the following games "lying around" I should have some fun:

• Dirt Rally
  • F1 2018
  • Grid 2
  • Race driver: Grid
  • Like! 1