What Are You Currently Playing?

1 hour ago, Timotheus said:

Alright I might follow @Hooyaah's footsteps. Albeit in a different way. I put in an offer on a second hand Logitech G29. Might be able to pick that up somewhere in the upcoming weeks. 
Considering that between GoG and Steam I still have the following games "lying around" I should have some fun:

• Dirt Rally
  • F1 2018
  • Grid 2
  • Race driver: Grid

Thats a smart idea.. i never thought about leveraging previously owned for expensive hardware. 

61tmThxXwCL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

Any kind of a warranty on that kind of a purchase? We talking Ebay?

:)

gogo

Love the second hand stuff.

It's not through eBay but a Dutch tech site which has a "marketplace" section, with mostly private sellers. It's eBay-like in it's buyer/seller rating system. I used it a lot. A fair bit of my hardware has been bought (and sold!) that way.

There's generally no warranty unless the item still had a manufacturer's warranty or the seller has a receipt which guarantees the original store warranty. 

On 11/15/2020 at 5:40 PM, gogoblender said:

ahhh, Larian...  the deep love of ARPG players :heart:  That was actually the first video game I ever bought for my PC...  their products just drip craft 

:gogo:

gogo

Divinity one or two you mean? :) 

Yeah, they're pretty good, though it does take a bit of time to adjust to some of the mechanics ... let me just say, I am not always use to system that allows to blend different 'classes' so easily as this game :D 

Since university and school is a bit weird right now our #2 and #3 decided to train some woodworking. Our second because she studies medicine with a focus on artificial limbs and making ones of wood is part of it.

Our third hoped for an art school but covid19 stopped it. So she currently shifted a bit away from making music in an orchestra more into making instruments. She is only 15 so I hope that making music will be an option for the future.

So with one doing an artificial hand, the other a special flutes the twins wanted to do something too. So I trained the basics with them by making a carrom board.

Works quite fine after one day of cutting the board and 4 days polishing all to have no splinters and a smooth surface.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrom

My currently playing is a rant actually. I had a day off, and figured it was time for me basically finishing up my full Sacred 2 experience. I *thought* I finished the Epic Office quest. Only took me about 6-8 hours with a few seriously wrong turns included. I say *thought* because apparently, after installing the CM patch, I can now see one of the staff members glitched out in Thylysium. And as you might imagine, now I can't complete the quest. :B6nFRAh:I crashed 4 times doing this quest as well, loosing progress every time. 

This game... :4rofl:

Edited by Timotheus
  • Appreciation 1
2 hours ago, Timotheus said:

My currently playing is a rant actually. I had a day off, and figured it was time for me basically finishing up my full Sacred 2 experience. I *thought* I finished the Epic Office quest. Only took me about 6-8 hours with a few seriously wrong turns included. I say *thought* because apparently, after installing the CM patch, I can now see one of the staff members glitched out in Thylysium. And as you might imagine, now I can't complete the quest. :B6nFRAh:I crashed 4 times doing this quest as well, loosing progress every time. 

This game... :4rofl:

lol well.. I guess there something to say about the Sacred "experience still remaining original and authentic ... 

all those extra feelings of rage and frustration...

free with no extra downloads required! :whip: 

:4rofl:

gogo

• Haha 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Well ... I must say I have been away from sacred 2 for quite a while and will be for at least a bit more. Granted, it was not for the absolute game to end of all game as was promised but ... still ... as a fan of the original franchise, please:

Be good choms as I just got out of the ripperDoc to install new ... hardware shall we say. I am going to need those if I want to succeed thoses gigs and get those eddies ... yes, Eddies, scrap, dead presidents ... MONIES!! PAY ATTENTION !!!! :D 

Okay, fine, I was playing a lot of Cyberpunk 2077, and while this is certainly the cracked up game Project Red promised, I have to say it's fun but, most of all, I am enjoying it as a fan of the original Tabletop Cyberpunk 2020 game. Ohhh, Night city has changed and, yet sill, remained the same.

I am still feeling the smell of chrome and hard lead, marvelous in the morning !! EVEN BETTER THAN THE SMELL OF NAPALM, PAY ATTENTION !!! ! :D 

Also, it is quite the good excuse to try the new version of the tabletop Rpg games since I've met and remet a few choms who are also very much into that RPG Game :) 

• 4 months later...

I’ve managed to get tired of every game, now I play Jurassic World: Evolution sometimes sometimes, but Sacred 2 Gold was the best. It still provides great classic, fun and long pleasant hours. I am at the very end of the bronze difficulty level with my shadow warrior. If I remember correctly, the very serious set stuff for this character started to fall after that. Perseverance everyone at COVID won’t last forever, but Sacred does! Any chance of a CM patch of 1.70?

Edited by kokoka
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, kokoka said:

I’ve managed to get tired of every game, now I play Jurassic World: Evolution sometimes sometimes, but Sacred 2 Gold was the best. It still provides great classic, fun and long pleasant hours. I am at the very end of the bronze difficulty level with my shadow warrior. If I remember correctly, the very serious set stuff for this character started to fall after that. Perseverance everyone at COVID won’t last forever, but Sacred does! Any chance of a CM patch of 1.70?

This game has lasted 10 years ... I'm always surprised with what players come up with re modding now!

:)

gogo

• 6 months later...

For the 10th time (at least) the most amazing, atmospheric and immersive RPG of all time - Gothic 2: Night of the Raven. My all-time favorite video game, together with its predecessor, and the one I recommend the most to every fan of the genre.

On a pure role playing level, the first two Gothic games are among the best in the genre. They've pioneered many immersive world building aspects that we don't see in other open world RPG's, even to this day.

But other than that, there's something else that is special about these games, that I just can't quite explain. It has to be experienced. :D 

WJ4Qgg3.jpg

• Like! 1

Le donjon de Naheulbeuk

Funny RPG based on a French hearbook series. Our third plays it and I watch a bit to fresh up my French. There are German and English versions but if yiu listened to the books French is the way to go.

It is more a parody of a RPG. So it is a nice difference. Ever partied with a rogue who is to shy to open his mouth to warn the party about a trap ?

• Like! 1
On 11/1/2021 at 10:42 AM, LEXX said:

For the 10th time (at least) the most amazing, atmospheric and immersive RPG of all time - Gothic 2: Night of the Raven. My all-time favorite video game, together with its predecessor, and the one I recommend the most to every fan of the genre.

On a pure role playing level, the first two Gothic games are among the best in the genre. They've pioneered many immersive world building aspects that we don't see in other open world RPG's, even to this day.

But other than that, there's something else that is special about these games, that I just can't quite explain. It has to be experienced. :D 

WJ4Qgg3.jpg

Quite the rec, Lexx!

immersive, role playing, BEST... 

okay , wheres the trailer

:D

gogo

I'm currently trying to play Fallout 4. It's a bit slow going as my right hand is almost useless but I'm playing in the hope that it will help it to improve.

Also playing a bit of Master of Orion II. The new 1.5 update is really solid.

18 hours ago, Spock said:

I'm currently trying to play Fallout 4. It's a bit slow going as my right hand is almost useless but I'm playing in the hope that it will help it to improve.

Sorry hearing about the hand Spock 🥺 , pain starts creeping into the bod assiduously… I know that Brad has some wrist problems … any chance a

doc or therapist could have a look at it ? Which system are you playing fallout four on

😊

gogo

19 hours ago, Spock said:

Spock, I'm sorry to learn about your hand. It is very possible that some of the carpal and metacarpal bones have become misaligned. A good Doctor of Osteopathy or Chiropractor should be able to help, perhaps in one treatment. I wish you health and wellness, good sir.

:agreed:

• Appreciation 1
53 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

Spock, I'm sorry to learn about your hand. It is very possible that some of the carpal and metacarpal bones have become misaligned. A good Doctor of Osteopathy or Chiropractor should be able to help, perhaps in one treatment. I wish you health and wellness, good sir.

:agreed:

Have the signal speed of nerves from hand to arm measured. Carpal tunnel syndrome would reduce it. Mom had it, was a little surgery. Was the reason why I almost ever use trackball or vertical mouse, just to prevent it.

https://www.carpalrx.com/carpal-tunnel-tests

• Appreciation 1

The problem with my hand dates back to when I had a stroke about 2 years ago. I wish it were as simple as Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. My entire right side is always slightly numb and my hand is getting harder to even close.

On a bright note, the index finger of my left hand, the one I usually use to type with, is getting more and more distorted from Arthur Ittis. Damn him anyway!

I will continue on as best I can until I can't. Simple as that. At least I don't have a regular job I need to keep up with, just "Honey Do's".

I am playing Fallout 4 on my PC and MoO2 mostly on my iMac but occasionally on my PC as well.

Edited by Spock
  • Appreciation 1

I admire your outlook and wish you many more years of gratifying gaming; I hope that there isn't much pain that comes with your game-play.

• Appreciation 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 9:58 AM, Spock said:

The problem with my hand dates back to when I had a stroke about 2 years ago. I wish it were as simple as Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. My entire right side is always slightly numb and my hand is getting harder to even close.

On a bright note, the index finger of my left hand, the one I usually use to type with, is getting more and more distorted from Arthur Ittis. Damn him anyway!

I will continue on as best I can until I can't. Simple as that. At least I don't have a regular job I need to keep up with, just "Honey Do's".

I am playing Fallout 4 on my PC and MoO2 mostly on my iMac but occasionally on my PC as well.

ahhh, i mac playing :D ... on a good note.. and only if affordable.. you must be watching how apple has CREAMED the  entire industry with their own home-made super chips... all their new hardware has profitted significantly from the insane speed  and super human ability to sty cool while doing huge work flows... and on top.. its supposed to start playing games well.

As these years have slowly come by, I've been finding that my own personal work flow has changed and the old days of multi monitors strewn across my desk have begun to clamor for (maybe :P) a single huge screen that will easily process posting, movies, more like consumption...

The new Imac is looking to be the most popular office desktop around, and its even known to play a few games 

:D

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

... you must be watching how apple has CREAMED the  entire industry with their own home-made super chips... all their new hardware has profited significantly from the insane speed  and super human ability to sty cool while doing huge work flows... and on top.. its supposed to start playing games well.

As these years have slowly come by, I've been finding that my own personal work flow has changed and the old days of multi monitors strewn across my desk have begun to clamor for (maybe :P) a single huge screen that will easily process posting, movies, more like consumption...

The new iMac is looking to be the most popular office desktop around, and its even known to play a few games ...

Interesting, not really. My interests have started to polarize and stagnate. I built my PC mainly because I wanted to play some of my Legacy games and refused to clutter my iMac with anything to do with Windows. The only game I currently have on my iMac is Master of Orion 2. I play games mostly on my PC. I can't even upgrade to Windows 11 without getting a more powerful graphics card!

My current iMac has a Retina 5K, 27-inch display at 5120 x 2880, 4 GHz Quad-core Intel Core I7 processor, 32 GB RAM, a 3 TB internal Fusion Drive and a Seagate 8TB external USB Disk for backups. I also have a 24-inch Dell ST2420L at 1920 x 1080, a 37-inch Sharp HDMI at 1920 x 1080 pixel monitor, and a 12.9-inch iPad Pro external displays that I used to use sometimes when extra busy.

I want to get the newest iMac since I got this one back in 2015 but I'm having a hard time justifying it since any real work I do has now has almost evaporated. I just can't seem to get in the mood to write any more. I posted the first chapter of my latest 'book' on a popular fan fiction forum (not FanFiction.net) and not anyone has posted any comments since I posted it over a year ago. Sometimes I even find it hard to visit here and this is my favorite forum.

• Like! 1

I'm currently alternating between dailies on MTGA, and VOW quick drafts which started yesterday, and a newly bought Grim Dawn Definitive Edition. To say that GD has sucked me in is an understatement since I've already spent too many hours playing it. :D I was always reticent to buy it, but this edition for the price GOG made was too hard to ignore. It really is a great game and it has a huge amount of content, so I see myself sinking in a lot of hours into it for the foreseeable future.

I have a hard time picking up Grim Dawn (yes it's on my wish list everywhere) because it will probably suck me in as well. And I don't have the time. My life's been so busy I actually stopped playing on my Switch and my PS4 for the past 2 months. The only game I've touched has been Forza Horizon 4, I really enjoy roaming the British countryside and just messing around. I took advantage of the sale and picked up the ultimate edition for pretty much the price of the original game. I have around 120 cars to pick from, and find it VERY relaxing going out for a virtual drive. 

By the way, when we've moved my winter project will be building my own "sim rig". 

• Like! 1
On 11/27/2021 at 10:34 AM, Spock said:

Interesting, not really. My interests have started to polarize and stagnate. I built my PC mainly because I wanted to play some of my Legacy games and refused to clutter my iMac with anything to do with Windows. The only game I currently have on my iMac is Master of Orion 2. I play games mostly on my PC. I can't even upgrade to Windows 11 without getting a more powerful graphics card!

My current iMac has a Retina 5K, 27-inch display at 5120 x 2880, 4 GHz Quad-core Intel Core I7 processor, 32 GB RAM, a 3 TB internal Fusion Drive and a Seagate 8TB external USB Disk for backups. I also have a 24-inch Dell ST2420L at 1920 x 1080, a 37-inch Sharp HDMI at 1920 x 1080 pixel monitor, and a 12.9-inch iPad Pro external displays that I used to use sometimes when extra busy.

I want to get the newest iMac since I got this one back in 2015 but I'm having a hard time justifying it since any real work I do has now has almost evaporated. I just can't seem to get in the mood to write any more. I posted the first chapter of my latest 'book' on a popular fan fiction forum (not FanFiction.net) and not anyone has posted any comments since I posted it over a year ago. Sometimes I even find it hard to visit here and this is my favorite forum.

Yah, remember you mentioning in a post a few years back about the Mac, thats what got me to ask... ahh, Spock I very much relate to your line... and have huge nostalgia for what you said...that our work flow has changed... this is whats gotten to me too... all those hours of late night oil burning  forums, game playing, team playing, clans, wiki work, ...lol its like we,re in another dimension now...

and... Booyah, to your favorite forum sir... 

Honored!!

:hugs:

gogo