Hope you enjoy Sacred 2 as much as I have enjoyed it over the years, and I did not find the learning curve to be that steep, considering it is one of the only RPG games I have played. and if you do have any questions, then DarkMatters is here, as well as SacredWiki

Have FUN!:bounce:

• Thanks! 1
18 hours ago, Delta! said:

Hope you enjoy Sacred 2 as much as I have enjoyed it over the years, and I did not find the learning curve to be that steep, considering it is one of the only RPG games I have played. and if you do have any questions, then DarkMatters is here, as well as SacredWiki

Have FUN!:bounce:

I've tried out the game yesterday and of course I have to wait to finish the campaign to say if I prefer it to Sacred I, but for now it seems as good as its predecessor.

I have no idea about what character is the best, so I made the first quest with some (high elf, temple guardian, dragon mage and shadow warrior).

Now im going to try Sacred I gold in Steam, because I played it only from the original version (with the cd). I played it hundreds of hours, and seeing "played for 0 hours" in Steam its annoying.

The community patch works perfectly.

:yay:

On 6/29/2019 at 7:43 AM, Mare said:

Hey there again folks! As you know, I've never played Sacred 2 before, but this is going to change, because yesterday I finally bought it!

The thing that scares me the most is that while I know Underworld literally to perfection, I have no idea what awaits me on Sacred II! When I play Sacred (1) I don't even need to read the quests because I already know what I have to do to complete them; I know the best builds for each class, I know how to use the right skills at the right time. While on Sacred two I'm just a rookie. But I'm not scared. I'm already downloading the community patch, because obviously the game doesn't start.

UcaRt4P.png

:4rofl:

Super happy you got it...! You're on board, with the kindest gamers in the world.  Patch up and Get ye those monstahs!

:D

gogo

• Like! 1
13 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Super happy you got it...! You're on board, with the kindest gamers in the world.  Patch up and Get ye those monstahs!

:D

gogo

with the community patch the game works perfectly, but now I have problems with the steam version of sacred 1...

:cry:

I wish we could play together online... I have never been fortunate enough to play with someone from a different country.

1 hour ago, Delta! said:

I wish we could play together online... I have never been fortunate enough to play with someone from a different country.

I hope so. 

On 6/30/2019 at 12:02 PM, Delta! said:

I thought Tungle and Hamachi worked for Sacred 2, do they not anymore?

Uhm... noob question. what is Tungle and Hamachi...? is that some kind of way to play "online"

They create Virtual IP Addresses for LAN type games. Tungle has(been a loooong time since I've used this program) a long list of games it has dedicated hosting for, although I'm fairly certain you can host your own.

Hamachi you just create a Network and that's it. I believe it limits to 5 members for free Network, 30+ for a fee. I've never done a subscription based Network through Hamachi so I'm unsure of the member limit or cost.

I do know while Hamachi is simple, firewalls cause issues and Program settings for Hamachi itself. 

Edited by Swoosh
32 minutes ago, Swoosh said:

They create Virtual IP Addresses for LAN type games. Tungle has(been a loooong time since I've used this program) a long list of games it has dedicated hosting for, although I'm fairly certain you can host your own.

Hamachi you just create a Network and that's it. I believe it limits to 5 members for free Network, 30+ for a fee. I've never done a subscription based Network through Hamachi so I'm unsure of the member limit or cost.

I do know while Hamachi is simple, firewalls cause issues and Program settings for Hamachi itself. 

ill try if they're still working, so.

There are also a few other problems: my steam vocal chat doesn't work, and my connection may ping a lot. I guess hamachi and tungle can provide me more issues with the connection... 

Oh. I hope someone might respond that could help us... like I said, I have never played Sacred 2 online. I have played it on a LAN network, only 2ce, and then I moved away to the Western Cape... 

So if anyone can add anything to the conversation to help us play with others then I would truly appreciate it.

• Thanks! 1

Multi-boxing works and can LAN with yourself. Haven't found where to put the IP Address I want to connect to with LAN though.

https://imgur.com/LrC3uk5

Would there be a .txt file somewhere that has this information? It's not an in-game command so somewhere there should be a line for this I would imagine.

Found these:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/933200-sacred-2-fallen-angel/48325254
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/933200-sacred-2-fallen-angel/47724956

Second link is the link thats in the first one.
Second one says something about a program called "Leaf." I'll look into that Thursday, too much at work tomorrow :(.

If anyone does get anything like this to work I will put this out there and take it very seriously.

When doing LAN - TCP/IP the Host of the game is using THEIR FILES to host the game. The person joining should have the EXACT SAME game files - same mods, same .txt files including balance.txt, same patch version etc. Anyone that joins someones game through this method can have their files changed including the .dll files and files unique to Sacred.
So if someone does get this working make sure to communicate well what mods/files have been changed and share any that made need installed on host/other players PC before attempting this. (Backing up some of these files doesn't always work well, especially with such an old game on newer PCs) 

Edited by Swoosh
  • Thanks! 1

Has anyone else used Hamachi?

I'm curious to see if you lobby together in Hamachi if the game detects that and will think you're in LAN.

Unless using that CMD prompt is the only way

Edit: Someone already got this working 10 years ago

Edited by Swoosh