Dryad Attack Speed

My Dryad has bow from the start, I've picked up quite a few attack speed modifiers on gear and CA's but 1 thing bugs me.

While attacking a horde of enemies my Attack Speed seems to change determined by how long I'm attacking.

When I attack an Elite mob that takes more than a few hits it ramps up pretty quick and stays that way, but when I'm continuously changing from one target to the next my Attack Speed seems to drop for each new target, especially those standing right next to me?

This is all with Left Click Basic Attack.

21 hours ago, Swoosh said:

My Dryad has bow from the start, I've picked up quite a few attack speed modifiers on gear and CA's but 1 thing bugs me.

While attacking a horde of enemies my Attack Speed seems to change determined by how long I'm attacking.

When I attack an Elite mob that takes more than a few hits it ramps up pretty quick and stays that way, but when I'm continuously changing from one target to the next my Attack Speed seems to drop for each new target, especially those standing right next to me?

This is all with Left Click Basic Attack.

Are you able to get to a blowpipe? I played Dryad almost exclusively with this game when I first started.  the Blowpipe has Zero speed travel... execution speed not withstanding... maybe this will help with better gains?

The bow sounded okay...but the blowpipe is godly ...specially if you have the deth set with that insane multiplicative leech... ahhh, good ole Sacred :gogo:

:wizard:

gogo

I also found it excruciating to use a bow at low levels with left click attack.  It's so slow, and your chance to hit is still poor at low levels, and your combat arts take so long to regenerate.  It's rough.  I'd suggest finding some other ranged weapons to start with until you get your attack rating and attack speed up and your regeneration times down.

• Like! 1

Darting Assault was what it was all about for me with this class, at least for getting all the opponents on screen... instant blooms all across the screen...thats a great feeling...then that leech noise of all that hp coming back...one of the best effects in a game ever

:)

gogo

I've got a few Pipes, I switch back and forth since my bow has higher damage.

I made a Discord Server and put all the links for all the Dryad downloads I wanted.

2 of which where the characters already built. They both had effects soceted in their Deth items, I tried to do the same but it wouldn't let me at the armorsmith or whatever he's called. Is there a post somewhere that explains this? 

Spent 6hours going through the downloads yesterday, will have some time today to search for the mechanics I don't understand

Higher damage vs faster kill speed... that’s what I found the zero travel speed did.. specially with the attack CA

make sure u keep that darting assault at level one.. and find damage via equipment only... or socket a bunch of rph and yiu can eat a bunch of runes... u wanna keep that regen under a second 

😊

gogo

11 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Higher damage vs faster kill speed... that’s what I found the zero travel speed did.. specially with the attack CA

make sure u keep that darting assault at level one.. and find damage via equipment only... or socket a bunch of rph and yiu can eat a bunch of runes... u wanna keep that regen under a second 

😊

gogo

I think it's level 5 or so, will have to find some reduction somewhere 

Its almost strange how they made that blowpipe so OP for her... I remember over that first year trying out all the ranged... the bow had a very cool "thwang" but the blowpipe kept having higher kill speed...it's matchless.

Also, for bosses... get those shurikens... if you can find one with a bunch of sockets, you have your boss wep...range is awful...but boy can they sure throw out a bunch of damage ...make sure you use the boss CA as well ...lol forget its name...but not the Darting Assault

gigi

34 minutes ago, Swoosh said:

I think it's level 5 or so, will have to find some reduction somewhere 

0.5 to 0.6 was about average if yer well balanced...though I remember one of the really good players from the German community had a 0.1? thats massive power output

gogo

Just now, gogoblender said:

0.5 to 0.6 was about average if yer well balanced...though I remember one of the really good players from the German community had a 0.1? thats massive power output

gogo

That's insane, the mounts added in CM patch + some nice Cap Rep% jewelry would really help with that. Can Death Blow% and Cap Rep% both spawn on a rare ring or amulet, or if Blacksmith is taken added to the jewelry with sockets or however that works (that system is new to me)

1 hour ago, Swoosh said:

That's insane, the mounts added in CM patch + some nice Cap Rep% jewelry would really help with that. Can Death Blow% and Cap Rep% both spawn on a rare ring or amulet, or if Blacksmith is taken added to the jewelry with sockets or however that works (that system is new to me)

I think I uploaded one of my dryad builds... lemme see if I can find it, I was using it to take out guardians in Niob for Legendary runs

gogo

and here we go.. found this build I was using in those days... was pretty good at taking at guardians... I think more than anything you can see just from the equipment the stuff of getting a regen down to nigh- subzero temps 

:D

gogo

• Appreciation 1

Thanks! I'll def have to check it out. Is there anything you would have done different on her? I haven't used any mods on my CAs yet so this will be a good reference!

Edit: what determines the level of the CM mounts and does their level matter? Best time to get them?

Edited by Swoosh
5 hours ago, Swoosh said:

what determines the level of the CM mounts and does their level matter? Best time to get them?

I believe that in CM Patch they still get three times as much XP as your toon, which was changed in the lates EE by Flix to a 1-1 ratio. I think Dimitrius did the same in his Addendum. You could get the unique mount as early as when you arrive at the Orcish Byway, if you head over to Artamark's Gate and do the quest to get it. Then when you get to The Jungle you can purchase the Elite mount for added bonuses.

• Thanks! 1

Thanks Androdion.

I got the regen decrease buff for Sinister Pred but it still says +% regen? Even when I add levels the regen goes up instead of down, does the % correspond to it's level vs the Dryads level?