Opponent Level for Death Blow

I've seen this on gear but ignored it since the wording reads like a horrible Google translate result.

Wiki doesn't do any better at explaining it either.

"Equipping two items totaling 52.2% (30.2+22.0) yields:

Chance for deathblow 41.7%

Equipping one item with a 47.1% chance for deathblow yields:

Chance for deathblow 47.1%

Equipping four items totaling 121.4% (47.1+30.2+22.1+22.0) yields:

Chance for deathblow 65.4%"

That's the formula on the wiki, missing some #'s or I'm missing the magic that makes 52.2%=41.7%, but 47.1%=47.1% and yet 121.4%=65.4%.

Can anyone elaborate on "Opponent Level for Death Blow," and finish the formula above from the wiki?

It's not a chance, and yes it is terrible wording.

A better wording would be : "Opponent Health for Deathblow", which I use in my mods.

I believe Dmitriy uses "Opponent Health Threshold for Deathblow" in his mod, to really spell it out.

Death Blow is double damage, simple as that.

Death Blow doesn't operate by giving you a chance to trigger it, instead, when the opponent's health falls below a certain threshold, all your hits inflict Death Blow (double damage) on that opponent.

So the % number you're looking at is the threshold of hitpoints the enemy has to fall to before Death Blow starts triggering.

• Thanks! 1
3 hours ago, Swoosh said:

So much simpler thank you!

Is it possible to get 100% Threshold?

It seems to stack with diminishing returns, like most % modifiers in the game.  I wonder what is the highest anyone ever got it up to.

31 minutes ago, Flix said:

It seems to stack with diminishing returns, like most % modifiers in the game.  I wonder what is the highest anyone ever got it up to.

The Wiki example is why I was curious because the examples have no value, they seem random and don't even have a proper formula.

If it follows a basic formula it should be something like this:

% = 1 - [ (1 - %) * (1 - %) * (1 - %) ]

But that would mean 

"Equipping two items totaling 52.2% (30.2+22.0) yields:

Chance for deathblow 41.7% - is really 46%

And

Equipping four items totaling 121.4% (47.1+30.2+22.1+22.0) yields:

Chance for deathblow 65.4%" is really 78%

But that's if it uses that formula, it either does and he's wrong or whoever wrote that knows the formula and didn't feel like posting it lol

• Haha 1