Crystal skin graphic mod?

RetsReds

Hi guys and gals, I'm glad the site's back online! :)

I have a quick question - do you know if there's a mod (user-created, not a CA mod) that changes the visuals of crystal skin? I'm loving my Delphic-Ice elf atm but crystal skin is just too ugly - something like the Incandescent skin's visuals but in light blue would be much tolerable/cooler imo. I'm having a hard time believing that in 10 years no mod-capable individual has felt the same way. I googled about it but I couldn't find anything. If you know if such a mod existing, that'd be great. 

Edit: I'm absolutely not asking for someone to make such a mod now - that sounds like too much work for just me. Just, if you know of such a mod existing, let me know. Thanks! 

Edited by RetsReds
  • Like! 1

I think I solved my problem, in a way. I'll share it here in case someone else is wondering what to do in the future (since, as we all know, this game will be played as long as the Earth is spinning :P ):

I found this old thread where Broken*Days was looking to fix the same issue with Ancient Bark. I followed what he did and went to \Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\scripts\shared and opened spells.txt 

There, I searched for this line for Crystal skin (high-school German helped a bit):

mgr.defineSpell( "he_st_kristallhaut", {

and underneath it I replaced this line:

fxTypeSpell = "FX_HE_KRISTALLHAUT",

with this line:

fxTypeSpell = "FX_SK_WILLENSSTAERKE",

This way I changed the visual effect of Crystal skin with the visual effect of Grim Resilience. It's not the solution I was looking for, so if anyone knows how I can create a new visual effect (such as a blue Incandescent skin effect), that'd be great. But even just this solution suits me fine. :)

• Appreciation 1
40 minutes ago, RetsReds said:

I think I solved my problem, in a way. I'll share it here in case someone else is wondering what to do in the future (since, as we all know, this game will be played as long as the Earth is spinning :P ):

Yes!!

This penultimate truth acknowledged...and very happy you have found some ideas for solution and went the distance and posted help for the community

... great having you post here again!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1
37 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

.. great having you post here again!

Oh, I haven't stopped lurking. It's a great forum for a great game. I just rarely have anything to add or say.
Even this has been said before, I just thought I'd repost it under a Crystal skin topic so maybe it reaches someone else too.  :)

Edited by RetsReds
  • Respect! 1
5 hours ago, Flix said:

Glad you could figure it out.  Some other suggestions if you want to keep the ice theme:

fxTypeSpell = "FX_GEN_FROSTAURA",

or

fxTypeSpell = "FX_SK_TODESKAELTE",

There aren't any other FX that coat the player's body, except for Ancient Bark and its replacement version, both of which are way more intense and inappropriate for Crystal Skin.

Thanks, I'll take a look at these as well! 

After I changed Crystal skin I also changed the Ancient Bark effect to that of Reverse Polarity - it fits the Dryad's theme pretty well. :)

Reverse Polarity - fxTypeSpell = "FX_INQ_VERGELTUNG",

Edited by RetsReds
  • Like! 1
3 hours ago, RetsReds said:

After I changed Crystal skin I also changed the Ancient Bark effect to that of Reverse Polarity - it fits the Dryad's theme pretty well. :)

Reverse Polarity - fxTypeSpell = "FX_INQ_VERGELTUNG",

Agree totally.  That green essence looks very much like a nature aura. I used it as a Druid buff in one of my mods.  :)

• 1 year later...