CP Holy Hannah!

Are you kidding me!!! CTD CTD CTD CTD. Really! 

I uninstalled and now steam wants to fix 37 files!!! I have metered bandwidth!!!! It cost me a lot to download the CP!!!! 

Now I have to fix my game!!! 

I can not get out of the house because of my health! 

Sacred 2 reminds me that my life is not hell! 

You took that away from me!!!

Holy Hannah!!!!!!

Welcome to the forums. I understand that when one is upset it's difficult to remain calm and to ask for assistance politely. So, if you would like some information that will help your Steam version of Sacred 2 to launch properly, check the thread here. Don't hesitate to post in that thread if you still need some help. The CM Patch 160 is surely worth the effort.

• Appreciation 1
14 hours ago, edvanhaldm said:

Are you kidding me!!! CTD CTD CTD CTD. Really! 

I uninstalled and now steam wants to fix 37 files!!! I have metered bandwidth!!!! It cost me a lot to download the CP!!!! 

Now I have to fix my game!!! 

I can not get out of the house because of my health! 

Sacred 2 reminds me that my life is not hell! 

You took that away from me!!!

Holy Hannah!!!!!!

Welcome to DarkMatters

I’m sorry your download has not gone well and I can understand how frustrating bandwidth costs and installations are .  Unfortunately for the last ten years  this has come part and parcel with this amazing game of which you’re now a community of.

so once again welcome

As such .. Everone here is community.

And all our friends here put in their own time and are all volunteers. 

I hope you can understand and more importantly respect our rules as well as our small polite request to stay tempered and find a way to ask our friends politely here for help.

I’m hoping  you can find your way and get to the great heart of this game and find some love and appreciation for what we’ve put together for new and old members which will help you get to sacred 2’s brilliance. 

Cheers and happy to see you here.. I’m hoping that you can find the support and answers you need.

😊

gogo

Hi!

Sorry you're having health problems, we can't help you with that - sorry. But we sure as heck can try to help you with getting this great game up and running. Please take a few deep breaths and give us the details calmly. What operating system? That's a start. When does the game crash? Immediately upon launch or later in-game? 

As a side note; I can't leave the house either. Physically, I'm fine. I just can't ... leave the house.

• Appreciation 1

It's an unfortunate side effect of trying to develop a patch that works on multiple versions of the game.  It was easy when it was just the disk version, now there's also GOG and Steam.  All three use slightly different versions of various dlls in the system folder.

This makes a true clean uninstall somewhat impossible using just the disabler provided with the patch.  It still disables the patch, there are just some files leftover that Steam and Galaxy don't like and want to replace with their original versions.

Of the three versions, Steam has always been the trickiest to get working with the patch.  One thing you could try before experimenting, to save yourself some bandwidth, is to make a backup copy of the pristine vanilla "system" folder and paste it back in place after uninstalling the patch.  That way Steam shouldn't freak out and try to re download the game.

• Thanks! 1