Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Sacred 2 Archives

Part 2

Picking up from where I left off (See Part 1) As I have mentioned, I have been playing Sacred 2 now for 8+years and I am not ashamed to admit of not getting even close to mastering the game. (Reaching Niob Level) And please do remember that I am a person that is Learning Disabled, but I have never let a thing like that ever stop me or get in the way of me wanting to do and achieve things.

Now then, I bought Sacred 2 somewhere between 2008-2009, sorry for being so vague, out of those two, I cannot recall exactly which it was, but I do know that it was as best near one of those two years. Now before anyone says typical of me being a girl, I am actually a Trans Girl/Woman and please with all respects, do not hold such a thing against me. When it comes to playing RPG, I have always played as a female character and no, I do not have anything against males or playing as male characters in an RPG. in fact I have both played as a Iksar shaman and as a Vah Shir berserker From Champions: Return To Arms (PS2 Game) and both of those character are males.

I play female characters out of a personal choice, but I am not afraid to play as a male character, so long as that character has good combat skills and spells to use, then I will be more than happy to chose and play as that male character. It my surprise some of you here that actually my most favourite character is the Temple Guardian, okay he’s not strictly male or female, since he is An archaic cyborg, half living creature and half machine (The description is a direct copy and paste from the Sacred Wiki Web Page) But the voice of the Temple Guardian is male, not to say that there are is not any female Temple Guardians, but I think it is a safe bet to say that they are all generically male.

Anyway, I think even the Shadow Warrior and The Inquisitor are good and cool characters too, in fact, I plan to do a build on each and every character of the game. I will admit that I chose to play the Seraphim first of all, the first time I ever played Sacred 2. Then I tried being the Dryad and the High Elf, but I also gave the male characters a try out too. I had no real clue at all, when I first began playing Sacred 2, what the objectives of the character and main over all game was, in which direction I should be going in, etc.

Let alone being able to get into doing a character build and back then I had no idea about such a thing etc. Oh and for me personally and please do not hate me etc. It’s my own personal preference again, where possible, I like the 3rd person perspective better, like the way it was done in the Game Of Dark Stone. (See Part 1 for this reference) I do not like the idea of partially looking down as though from the view point of playing a D&D Board game, to me this perspective makes no sense when you have a 3D Environment.

But that is just me personally and I will always stick to that to the day I go to my grave. The Isometric View Perspective aside, I like and love Sacred 2 and as I have said in part 1 of this post, I even rate Sacred 2 as the best RPG Ever and that it is most probably unlikely we are going to see a game that will be better and bigger than Sacred 2. Only Two other games that I know and am aware of that have been made in the 3rd Person Perspective. Drakan: The Ancient Gates (PS 2 Title) and Dragon Quest: The Journey of the Cursed King (PS 2 Title) I’m not a huge fan of the turn based RPG, but that one really is fantastic. Dark Stone Makes 3 of the 3rd Person view games, if you count that one too.

I love the battling, the story telling, but I like and love to be able to explore, where it’s possible in a game, there is for me personally not much fun or excitement in a game if one is to simply go from A-Z in a game and then go onto play the next big RPG Title with no real appreciation for all the wonderful 3D renderings etc. that has gone into making the game in the first place. I honestly do not know how people who play these role playing games really do appreciate not only the graphics, but do they also appreciate the different styles of each location, the fine detail inside and outside of a building . And there should be more places a player can go into and not only visit, but do battle say inside castles or simply to view the wonder of an age old ancient Library etc. To have these places with things to loot to reward those that like and love to explore. Even have interesting NPC’s in some of these buildings with side quests, as additional extra level of play of the game. At least for me, personally that is what I would like and love to see in RPG Titles, but most likely this isn’t going to happen.

The first time that I ever reached Gold Level in Sacred 2, I was the character of the Seraphim, sadly I cannot remember how I did her build, what her skill sets were or what combat arts I modded out, as well as her armour and her weapons. In fact that I would say for me at least getting the Skill Set right, has been the most hardest thing of all for me to develop, but I feel and think I could be on the right track at long last.

But I am more than happy to share with you the following:

All and Any Armour including special Armour Sets use 2xBlack Curse or Soul Reaver, or any of the Dryad’s and Inquisitor’s  Runes. 1 of each for the Helmet, and one for the Shoulder Pad, though I am quite sure it makes no actual difference in which order you place them, not that it should affect your game play etc. I can’t imagine how the order of the armour slots modded out could or would affect the outcome of your game play.

Now I am not saying that these are an absolute must, but please do try them out and see for yourself if they are for you as effective or not. So far, on every single character that I have tried these out on they are affective, more so on silver level but they work okay too if starting  off from Bronze Level. These work quite well as I said with every other single character of Sacred 2.

2xInstal Belief (Seraphim Rune), 1 for the chest plate and one for the belt

2x Golden Glade Touch (Dryad Rune)  1 for the gloves and 1 for the sleeves

2x Charged Grid (Temple Guardian Rune) 1 Charged Grid for the Leggins and 1 for the boots. For a character with just only 7 pieces of armour, chose either 1 less of the following, Golden Glade Touch or Charged Grid. Again, for me personally the rest of the mod’s are vital.

Close Combat Weapons (All) with 2 slots: 1xLava Chunk & 1x Archimedes Beam (Temple Guardian Rune)

Ranged Weapons (All with 2 slots & Optional) 1xPoison Fangs. and 1 Archimedes Beam ) I have fairly recently only just discovered at least for me personally, that the game is better off playing as a melee based character and it has 1 advantage, it gives you the choice of a skill that you would not be able to incorporate into the game if you go with having both Close Combat and Ranged Weapon Lore’s.

Best Rings: 1. Damage Physical, 2. Spell Intensity and 3: 2+ and up, attack and defence.

Best Amulets:  1. Max Hit Points and 2. Chance To Evade

Best all time Amulet Drops, Artamark’s Star, I have them at the following. (On My PS 3) Level 25: Armour 70 Defence Value +12. Level 35: Armour 70 Defence +15. And Level 45: Armour 115 Defence +19

More info to come in the next instalment of Sacred 2 Archives.

Additional! The Runes As mentioned above work even better at Gold Level, but I am using the same Rune Armour and Weapon Modifications at Bronze Level for my Dryad on Sacred 2 Gold via GOG. My sincere apologies for forgetting to mention that there is a problem however using the same Rune Set for the Seraphim and the Inquisitor, I'm not all together sure why since this truly works well for the rest of the other characters. I could be getting the skill sets wrong or maybe not have my buffs higher for these two characters, it's quite an odd problem and one that I hope to solve one day. I can at least highly recommend if you have a character at Gold Level, to fit out armour and weapons for other characters on Bronze Level, Also to note that my observations has taught me that the Buffs for each character to be the most vital and important of all above their own combat arts and if you have enough runes in your Hero Chest, get a character on bronze level to consume 10 runes each for your buffs, 5 of each if you do not have as many Runes for the Rune Exchange and if you can manage it, get your buffs higher than your character level, this I know really works, at least for me personally. Playing this game has been from a lot of trail and error, in fact more errors than I can count and I am not at all in anyway saying that my way is better, It is my deepest and sincerest hope that by my sharing my personal experiences with the game, for you all to benefit from in some way or another.

 

 

 

Edited by SheHawk
Just to make sure all is okay etc.
  • Like! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your post was certainly well articulated and proves that you have a great deal of perspicacity and an excellent grasp of the game. I also agree with your opinion that Sacred 2 is the best RPG ever made and also that the camera view (which can be modified even further on PC) is another remarkable advantage of this rare gem. I admire your passion for the game as well. I look forward to more of your observations and opinions.

  • Respect! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, thank you so much for your comment Steve, I am truly most humbled. Thank you also telling me about the camera view for the PC, I am a bit of a newbie in the area of PC Games, I am mostly a console gamer, if such a thing does not offend you. My one and only real reason for branching off into playing PC Games and please do not hate me for this, is that I can have and play Sacred 2 Gold as since its available for the PC only. I like and love Sacred 2 so much that I have it for my PS3 and my XBOX 360.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are welcome, indeed Amy. I am certainly not offended by console games or console gamers. I prefer PC games simply because there are so many improvements that may be made via mods and tweaks such as adjusting the camera view. There is a thread about altering the camera view here: Guide to Customizing the Sacred 2 Camera View and optionsCustom txt

  • Appreciation 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, thank you Steve, I will take a look at the link and see if I can understand the instructions for the camera view. I actually like the idea behind the mods for PC games too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that one of the best rare rings is the ones that deal additional physical damage but the other types of damage, fire, ice, poison, and magic are good depending on the damage that ones combat arts deal. My favorite amulets are the ones that increase skill points (All Skills Plus x), Damage Mitigation x%, and Chance To Halve Regeneration Time stacked to 100%. I also like weapons and other items that increase Combat Art Range. Here is a particular post in thread with some YouTube videos I posted of my High Elf slaying Bosses with this sort of jewelry forged into her armor, weapon, and shield.

Sacred 2 Niobium Tier High Elf vs The Abihsai Of Dissension

 

 

  • Appreciation 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Thank you so much Steve for sharing that information with me and the link too. Are those Amulets you mentioned that increase skill point. For the PC version of this game? I have not come across those amulets yet, or I may have missed them knowing me. I only wish those Artamark Amulets were sold in the game via merchant or a rune master or even the blacksmith. I literally got lucky with those amulet drops and they are quite a boon to have, I won't say the game can't be played without them, they help boost your magic, fire, ice and poison resistance etc. hence why I feel these amulets should be available items to buy as mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the amulets I mentioned are all available for purchase from merchants in the PC version. However, they are quite rare so I usually shop for them on Multiplayer Island. You may also find the amulets available for no cost in the Downloads section. I agree that it would be convenient were all of the unique and legendary jewelry available to purchase from Merchants or Rune Masters.

  • Appreciation 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Yes, the amulets I mentioned are all available for purchase from merchants in the PC version. However, they are quite rare so I usually shop for them on Multiplayer Island. You may also find the amulets available for no cost in the Downloads section. I agree that it would be convenient were all of the unique and legendary jewelry available to purchase from Merchants or Rune Masters.

Thank you Steve, by the way which do you prefer? Your actual name on here ore your user name, Sorry it has taken me this long to think about asking that question. I am easy with either being called SheHawk or Amy as I am an easy kind of going person. Fantastic information I appreciate that beyond measure. Sincerely so, you're a great guy and I honestly do mean that. It is slow going for me playing Sacred 2 on my computer, simply because unfortunate for me I have slight arthritic conditions in both my hands and the fingers on them, so having to hold down the left click on the mouse can be a little difficult at times. I wish I could use my XBOX 360 hand controller instead, there is a program called Key sticks that allows for the use of the handset, but it's configuration settings are based on keyboard word predictions and mouse predications, trying to use the left analogue stick to control the mouse isn't exactly the same as when using it on my games console and it is that I kind of control that I could ideally do with, but sadly Sacred 2 is not compatible for the use of a PC/XBOX 360 controller, at least not that I am aware of.

 

PS. Thank you so much for the download link too. Awesome.

Edited by SheHawk
  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm okay with my first name or user name, whichever is convenient. There are so many great downloads here. Just make sure to make a copy of your current chest file so you don't lose your stored items. I also wish that Sacred 2 had controller support. I don't expect that we will ever have it, however.

  • Appreciation 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SheHawk said:

Thank you Steve, by the way which do you prefer? Your actual name on here ore your user name, Sorry it has taken me this long to think about asking that question. I am easy with either being called SheHawk or Amy as I am an easy kind of going person. Fantastic information I appreciate that beyond measure. Sincerely so, you're a great guy and I honestly do mean that. It is slow going for me playing Sacred 2 on my computer, simply because unfortunate for me I have slight arthritic conditions in both my hands and the fingers on them, so having to hold down the left click on the mouse can be a little difficult at times. I wish I could use my XBOX 360 hand controller instead, there is a program called Key sticks that allows for the use of the handset, but it's configuration settings are based on keyboard word predictions and mouse predications, trying to use the left analogue stick to control the mouse isn't exactly the same as when using it on my games console and it is that I kind of control that I could ideally do with, but sadly Sacred 2 is not compatible for the use of a PC/XBOX 360 controller, at least not that I am aware of.

 

PS. Thank you so much for the download link too. Awesome.

 

I generally use the username, if they feel comfortable using it on the forum, then they should not have a problem with it. My real name is difficult for for people to pronounce if they don't speak Afrikaans or Dutch... So I introduce myself to guests at the hotel, and they generally look at the spelling on my Chef Jacket, and ask me to say it again... I have actually had a few guests tell me I pronounce it wrong... the "The" part is not pronounced like "the", but more like "tea" with "ens" added... So my username Delta is just easier...

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol its cool that Hooyaah's real life username was pointed out...I saw it go up this morning and blinked... thinking who is that... ahhh, our nics and and the beginning of the forum worlds via internet...

:)

 

gogo

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have a steam account SheHawk? I like to add friends on Steam... being in South Africa, I do not have plenty of gamer friends close by...

  • Appreciation 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/8/2019 at 6:39 PM, Hooyaah said:

I'm okay with my first name or user name, whichever is convenient. There are so many great downloads here. Just make sure to make a copy of your current chest file so you don't lose your stored items. I also wish that Sacred 2 had controller support. I don't expect that we will ever have it, however.

Thank you, I can move all the stuff in my hero chest either between the my belongings tab and my character's inventory, that for me personally is a bit more easier, that is what I did when I used the Rare Drops, Light Sabre Mod. At best I have a wireless mouse that I can use and have on my lap, using a wooden board which is a really good smooth surface for my mouse, so that way it makes things a little easier for me. I sure am not going to let something like my conditions get in the way of me being able to play my Sacred 2 gold game or any other PC game.

Edited by SheHawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Delta! said:

Do you have a steam account SheHawk? I like to add friends on Steam... being in South Africa, I do not have plenty of gamer friends close by...

Yes I do Delta, but I no longer use that to play Sacred 2 Gold with, due to problems I had with the game not starting, yes I got help with the first time it happened, and I was told what I need to do should it happen again, it did and I followed the instructions to the letter, it happened a third time and I did the same thing, only that did not work. I wasn't impressed, sad to say, so I decided to to try out Gog, only had a problem twice with getting my game to play, other than that, the game loads up for me nicely. My account with Steam is inactive, sad to say I have not had the time to delete it. I have the same user name by the way with Gog, thought this is the way it needed to be for me to be able to join up. She_Hawk on steam it appears as She-Hawk. I hope that was helpful?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, gogoblender said:

lol its cool that Hooyaah's real life username was pointed out...I saw it go up this morning and blinked... thinking who is that... ahhh, our nics and and the beginning of the forum worlds via internet...

:)

 

gogo

Your comment made me smile gogo. Actually on other websites, I wont say which. I have come across people that have gotten offended with me not using their user name, with their real name also included on their profiles. Straight up that is true. Like I said, it had not occurred to me that I had not asked which name Hooyaah preferred and I asked simply because he has been so nice to me here and said really nice things about me that I simply felt bad for not asking him that question about his user name and his real name. I never take anyone or anything for granted.

Edited by SheHawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Delta! said:

 

I generally use the username, if they feel comfortable using it on the forum, then they should not have a problem with it. My real name is difficult for for people to pronounce if they don't speak Afrikaans or Dutch... So I introduce myself to guests at the hotel, and they generally look at the spelling on my Chef Jacket, and ask me to say it again... I have actually had a few guests tell me I pronounce it wrong... the "The" part is not pronounced like "the", but more like "tea" with "ens" added... So my username Delta is just easier...

Kudos to you Delta, I like and love different names, different people and their cultures. I find it all fascinating really, heck even for a made up character on here. Huntress, I was very specific with how to spell what species she is, be it the correct way to spell it or not, since it's fictional I know it not matter too much, but I had this sense, I not know what else to call it. my character concept is a cat, however the name of her species is Katrissian. using the other form of cat, aka Kat. Here's to wonderful diversity with all of its many wonders and beauty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SheHawk said:

Thank you, I can move all the stuff in my hero chest either between the my belongings tab and my character's inventory, that for me personally is a bit more easier, that is what I did when I used the Rare Drops, Light Sabre Mod. At best I have wireless mouse that I can use and have on my lap, using a wooden board which is a really good smooth surface for my mouse, so that way it makes things a little easier for me. I sure am not going to let something like my conditions get in the way of me being able to play my Sacred 2 gold game or any other PC game.

It's good to know that you are set up well for playing the PC version of Sacred 2, Amy. I much prefer it to the console because of all the great mods and control of the camera and such.

  • Appreciation 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

It's good to know that you are set up well for playing the PC version of Sacred 2, Amy. I much prefer it to the console because of all the great mods and control of the camera and such.

It may surprise you Steve, that I am really starting to like the idea of PC games, because of the fact that modifications can be done to them, etc. Now I can add PC games to my game playing list of gaming. PC games won't replace or over take or my like and love of console games, but it will definitely share equal place with that love.

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed, Amy, there is no reason to forsake console for PC. There is much to love and appreciate with either choice and differing options allow for more flexibility and an enhanced total experience. I find that very little surprises me any longer. Yet, one thing remains true, surprises make life more interesting and are often the catalyst for change.

  • Like! 1
  • Appreciation 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Indeed, Amy, there is no reason to forsake console for PC. There is much to love and appreciate with either choice and differing options allow for more flexibility and an enhanced total experience. I find that very little surprises me any longer. Yet, one thing remains true, surprises make life more interesting and are often the catalyst for change.

I so totally agree with you Steve, that surprises make life more interesting and are often the catalyst for change. What a wonderful view point to have.

  • Like! 1
  • Thanks! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×