Sacred 2 Archives

Part 3

I have tried to play Sacred for the PC, strange that, that game is not available for the consoles. Though it is not quite so easy to find a Rune Master in that game, or at least for me personally, so please no one get annoyed with me. Rune Drops seem to be not quite as frequent as they are in Sacred 2, not that I can tell as it is pretty hard to get anywhere with any character apart from the one that can heal herself and her ally, the other characters are easily killed off.

And trust me when I say I can play most other RPG’s and not get killed off, the first time around yes and the odd few other times also, but on the whole I can keep my character alive, but not with Sacred, or so it at least seems that way with me. Heck, a few characters of mine in Sacred 2 have been killed more than once or twice, etc. things like that can and do happen. I have worked long on hard in being able to achieve quite a good Survival Rate in this game, being quick on drinking the health potions really helps and trust me, when I say to achieve that, was difficult for me, as due to my being learning disabled, it makes me slow in nearly almost everything that I do.

As odd and as strange as this maybe, but having quick reaction times came from my playing Tomb Raider and anyone who has played that game, will know that quick reaction times for those games is quite a must have thing, if anyone really wants to play that game. I ended up having poor Lara Croft killed off more times than I can count. I simply stopped playing Tomb Raider as each new game began to get harder and even more harder for me to play and that is when any game like that, is no longer fun or cool to play.

Also due to my disability I cannot play most other games, RPG and Racing Games I am really good at playing and I am fairly reasonable good at playing the odd FPS title games such as Bioshock and that game really truly is a hard one to play. Dark Messiah Might And Magic: Elements, while it’s not quite an FPS, it is from the 1st person perspective and also quite a difficult game to play in places. I honestly and truly do appreciate that the games as mentioned here, may not be difficult for everyone else, I can only hope if nothing else that you are all able to appreciate how these games for me at least are difficult for me to be able play them.

While racing can be fun, the games that I have are: Project Gotham Racing 3, Forza Horizon 1&2 and the odd few PS One Rally Racing Games. On the whole I much prefer Role Playing Games, there is something about the epic battles, the weapons the armour, the locations and in places where it’s been done really well, fantastic back stories to the overall game.

In all honesty, there is nothing quite like a really good RPG. But RPG in general, has its own sense of wonder, amazement, adventure and much, much more. Back however, to Sacred 2. Like I said in part 2. I really had no clue of what I was supposed to do or where to go, but the more times I began to play the game, the easier things became and even both the main map and mini map were easy to follow. A lot of game maps be it RPG or not, I have found to be quite hard to follow, mini maps in some games, even more so.

Not everyone is going to be able to know how to read maps in real life, let alone in-game maps. I am a very good example of this fact and I honestly cannot think of a better example than myself and I can say that there are others with learning disabilities that are far. Far, far much worse than the ones that I have. Those are the ones I truly feel for, as they won’t be able remotely play any of these console games, regardless of which type of game it might be.

While I do appreciate that most PC and console games are for most part for the those people who are gamers, please do not get mad or cross with me when I say that this should not be for you gamers only, it may shock you to know that one person once told me that a person like me should not be playing console games because of my learning disability, with and I quote. ‘PC games and console games are not designed for someone like you and they are not meant for you anyway.’ End Quote.

Seriously, I am not making that up. I can’t really tell you all, how that made me feel. Thankfully I did not let what that person said to me, stop me from wanting to play console games. Though I will admit, for a while I did not play any console game, but I hope that is understandable as to why not? It took me some time to realise that console games should be for all people of all walks of life, no matter who or what they are, or even if they are not really all that good at playing such games, heck even I wasn’t so, for some time, but I got and became better at it over time and I feel anyone of a small or poor gaming level can achieve the same thing, and not to worry if they truly can’t master such things as console gaming, as there are truly other things out there for everyone and anyone to try and have a go at doing.

I personally feel that the Starter Island/Island Of Many Paths should have more in the way of things to do there, like maybe fight monsters in that coliseum that is there in fact it could act as being the perfect training ground and also act as an overall tutorial place, with a reward for completing it. I am not happy with what each and every character starts off with in this game even in Champions Of Norrath, each and every character at least had one basic full set of armour and one very basic weapon.

I do not know if anyone has noticed but the prices of items in this game are really quite expensive, more so really good double socketed items and my apologies if I am not spelling Socketed right, my spell checker for Microsoft Word had other suggestions, but not one for this word. So taking into account the price of items, I feel personally it would be best for all characters in Sacred 2 to be fully armoured and with a weapon, all basic of course, allowing the player to be able to get and buy better stuff, once they have enough gold gained in the game.

Well that’s it for now, I do not want these things to be far too long to read, even for myself. I have a lot more to discus about the game and my experiences with the game and don’t worry, I will reveal what my theories of the game to be, all in good time.

Oh wow, oh wow. Why thank you Ben for the helpful mod file for the original Sacred Game. I have Sacred Gold Via GOG, will your mod work for that Ben? Not to worry if not, I sincerely appreciate you giving me a link to download the mod. I have 3 games now via GOG, it may not seem like much, but for me it's more than I thought that I would end up having.

Edited by SheHawk
  • Like! 1