Battle Mage and Axe Lore

I have been a member of this forum for years, but never really felt the need to comment until I found this.

I have been playing a battle mage currently, and I was recently reading some of the unique weapon characteristics in the Wolf's Lair Website, and found that  Fadalmars Counsel when all three rings are socketed, gives you the following percent in Fireball, Bronze 15%  Silver 20% Gold 25%  Platinum 30% Niobium 35%.  Pretty good on Niobium, except for the stupid fact that the only person who can benefit from the fireball skill is a freaking Battle Mage, who is not allowed to have Axe Lore as a skill. And Fadalmar's Counsel required a skill level of 10. What idiot thought that idea up:)🤬 🙄

Hi Moties, always great seeing you here! I'll always remember that convo with you about your nic...  Mote in God's Eye was it? :bounce: I remember the same sentiment you're posting about being expressed when the set came out... but I vaguely remember there being some kinds of work arounds posted.... 

What about this?

:)

gogo