Save file compatibility

I've read a lot of different posts about how or how not the vanilla game's save is compatible with the Community Patch regarding progress, items, etc. I would love to clarify it a little. :)

Does CM makes the items you had in the vanilla game unusable, or just re-randomize its stats within the quality?

The level of the characters and the spells will not change?

And of course if there are other important notes about this I would love to hear those too.

Community Patch does not make vanilla items unusable, even after uninstalling.  However if an item was added by the Community Patch, it will cease to exist after uninstalling.

Some random items will have their stats re-rolled after installing/uninstalling.

The main pitfall is quest progress.  It's important not to load a character with active quests when installing or uninstalling.  Many quests may become broken or have unexpected behavior in the logbook.   If you're ready to switch the character to a new difficulty, that's a good time to install/uninstall, because all the quest progress is wiped clean when switching difficulties.

• Thanks! 1
2 hours ago, Shoujirou said:

I've read a lot of different posts about how or how not the vanilla game's save is compatible with the Community Patch regarding progress, items, etc. I would love to clarify it a little. :)

Does CM makes the items you had in the vanilla game unusable, or just re-randomize its stats within the quality?

The level of the characters and the spells will not change?

And of course if there are other important notes about this I would love to hear those too.

Shoujirou, very happy to meet you here on the boards of our favorite game, and that Flix was able to help you.  Thanks for coming out to the far corners of the inverwebs and join up with us.

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Thank you very much for the welcoming, and the help. :)

The story/quest progress isn't really matter since I can simply restart the game from the beginning while keeping the character's level and inventory. Actually we're intended to do that. My characters were started with the CP but my friend's isn't. We just wanted to have a LAN party because both of us bought the game digitally for the first time despite the DVD still working perfectly. His save however was made on the vanilla game and that's why I'm looking for advices here and now.

So if I got it right, the vanilla save will work with CP if we start the game over again from the beginning?