Huntress. (Updated & Changed Combat Arts)

On 11/5/2019 at 6:48 PM, Flix said:

I haven't forgotten about this. It took me longer than expected to finish my other projects but now I finally have some time to try to make this real.  Should be able to have something to try out this week.

Wow! Thank you Ben, most appreciated beyond measure, words alone cannot thank you or praise you enough for you doing this concept, or at least trying to do the character.

17 hours ago, Flix said:

OK she's ready to try out (file attached at the very bottom under the pictures).  This is more of a proof-of-concept than a full fledged mod.  I haven't changed any text or descriptions, just replaced the High Elf with the new "cat girl" model.  @SheHawk you can try it out and see if you like running around Ancaria as this character first and we can always develop it further later.  I'm sad to say, she won't be able to dual wield so most of those cool combat art ideas are out the window.

To install, you'll need to do the following:

• Download the Generic Mod Enabler (GME) and install it to your Sacred 2 root folder.
  • After running the GME once, it will make a folder called "MODS" there.
  • Extract/unzip the contents of the zip file into the "MODS" folder.  So it would like Sacred 2 Gold\MODS\Cat Girl
  • Run the Generic Mod Enabler again and Enable the Cat Girl mod.

You need the Community Patch installed beforehand too.  Let me know your thoughts and if you have any issues.

hROm0Fr.jpg  HqGgb4a.jpg

OKvTJ0t.jpg

Cat Girl.zip

Ben, you have outdone yourself, just to even make this character work and I will gladly give her a test run and not to worry about the duel wield combat arts, give me some time and I am sure that I can come up with other combat arts for her, as you said, the rest and further development can be added much later. I simmply cannot thank you enough, other than this character and the alternative Seraphim Character, I have a brief idea for another character to replace the Shadow Warrior, thugh I am sure you have enough on your plate just doing mine and Golden  Girl's character concepts. That and I am in no real rush to get into what this replacement character can do etc. I will test out cat girl asap and let you know what I think etc. Thank you so much for making this character even a reality, I never would have imagined such a character to be possible.

Edited by SheHawk

HELP! Ben, here is what I have done and you tell me if I have done it all wrong please? Nothing happened, the High Elfe was not replaced by Cat Girl.

Active Mods

1342719763_AmIMissingSomething.thumb.jpg.90033d47323827ce352247a17e83583b.jpg

I am uncertain what I have done wrong if anything, can you help me please? So sorry about this. I think I know now what I have done wrong but can't remember where in the GOG folder to put the jsgme file/folder I have a screenshot of the sacred 2 games folder here, for you, but where from here, where do I put/place the jsgme file please? I had forogottento put the jsgme file into my scared 2  games folder and I have completely fogotten how I had done it previously and that was when I had a different computer from the one that I am using, sadly it is not playing Bioshock Remastered, probably there's not enuogh graphics in the graphics card, I have sicne then bought today from E-bay a better computer with a 2GB graphics card, but I will still need to know where in the sacred folder to put the file as mentinoned. Sacred 2 plays okay on my current computer, I think though it might be 1G, I honsestly do not know, I can only hope evrything all turns out well on my new computer when I get it and up and running.

Below is a screenshot of the C Directory of my Gog Sared 2 game file

786345748_WhereDoIPutThejsgmeFolder.thumb.jpg.066cbb200149053652392d801c31b4a4.jpg

Edited by SheHawk
14 hours ago, Flix said:

Not a problem.  What I see from your first screenshot is that the mod enabler is installed in your personal Downloads folder.  That won't do.  :)

What you need to do is the following:

Run the Generic Mod Enabler installer again.  if you don't have it anymore, simply re-download it.

Now, when the installer asks you where to install it, point it to the directory shown in your last screenshot above.  The Sacred 2 Gold folder.

It may then put a shortcut on your desktop.  To be certain, you can also run the mod enabler directly from the Sacred 2 Gold folder.  Once the MODS folder is created within Sacred 2 Gold folder, you can copy the "Cat Girl" folder in there.  Then enable the mod.

Thank you. so much Ben, you are so totally Awesome and I sincerely mean that. I shall folllow your instructions as you have put them for me. Again, thank you for your help, I appreciate it beyond mention. I knew I was doing something wrong, but could not quite figure it out.

• Like! 1

Ben, please forgive me, I am still having problems, not only does the cat girl mod not work, not even any other mod works and I honestly do not know why or what's going on. I have only ever once gotten the mds to work and befoer you say, if you can do it once, yuo can do it again. Honestly, it's not erally that simple for me, as I have pretty much forgotten what I did and how I did it the first time round. Here are two screen shots, I hope they help you so that yuo can help me please. I am so sorry about this, I feel bad and quite stupid about the whole matter.

1307783244_SomethingIsWrong.thumb.jpg.428f6ec437b9baea13815c279283a4ce.jpg

C: Drive, Gog, Sacred 2

734011308_HaveIgotthisright.thumb.png.205d3b12b8782abedd88d006fc60a114.png

Mod Enabler

Where or what am  I doing wrong please? Again, I am so, so sorry about this Ben.

No need to feel bad, I can see the issue from the pictures.  There's an extra folder in the path.  You see how it says, ...Sacred 2 Gold\jsgme_2.60\MODS?  You would want to have the MODS folder directly within the Sacred 2 Gold folder.  So, go into the jsgme_2.60 folder, and move everything in there directly into the Sacred 2 Gold folder.  Then try it again and let me know the results.

• Appreciation 1

Hooray, thank you so, so much Ben for all of your help, I so appreciate it. Your instructions worked and here's proof of the game in action from my computer. I hope you like the screen shots?

589018433_CatGirl1.thumb.jpg.9010a1460d4391da6a4893c70f89b365.jpg668387659_CatGirl2.thumb.jpg.e82e03c55ce0859d06c684474ea3b59b.jpg968224083_CatGirl3.thumb.jpg.afd364564bc4ea2013a456422e89a360.jpg

Edited by SheHawk
  • Like! 1
2 hours ago, Flix said:

I read through the new aspects and combat arts just now. Looks very cool. I'll try to see about bringing them to life this weekend.

Thanks Ben, much apperciated. I'm glad that I could come up with the replacement combat arts that were needed.