Sacred 2: Sacred Hall 2 Of The Temple Guardian

• 5 months later...

No, I have to eat my words a little bit. I did use your Land Resort, except I put it on a beach, as a private resort for like business seminars or vacationing spring breakers. But while I was putting restaurants and businesses that would cater to the spring breakers, I thought "You know what I've never seen while on vacation? A Larp room!" Your Dungeon of Moxdoon worked lovely as a larp room, thank you so much :)

On 2/18/2020 at 6:41 AM, Gilberticus said:

No, I have to eat my words a little bit. I did use your Land Resort, except I put it on a beach, as a private resort for like business seminars or vacationing spring breakers. But while I was putting restaurants and businesses that would cater to the spring breakers, I thought "You know what I've never seen while on vacation? A Larp room!" Your Dungeon of Moxdoon worked lovely as a larp room, thank you so much :)

So sorry for the delay in my reply. Thank you, much appreciated that you liked my 3D models so much that you wanted to use them, that is what I post them for the Sketchup Warehouse, for others to use, any way they wish, all I ask is not to forget to give me a mention, since it is my work. Beyond this, I am not overtly too possessive of my work. I am glad that you both liked the Land Resort and the Dungeon Of Moxdoon. I am creating anothre dungeon level as I type this message, but this one is going to be so very different, I had tried once this before with the Azra-Zah dungeon level design, but no one took to it, so I hoping that with the one that I am doing will entice the people better, plus it premote free form, any design, any idea, any shaped room, any type of dungeion doors or portals to add on to the model that I have already made, so that it can expand and be the largest if not the worlds most largest, dungeon design project. It will be at least for everyone who can model to join in and do their own thing.

The only thing that I wish and is required from everyone, who does add onto my dungeon level to give me credit and also mention that the name of the dungeon belongs to me, as since I named it. They do not have to do that, but it is asked out of genuine respect, as I would respect them and their own work in return.

Edited by SheHawk
  • Respect! 1

No, that's not quite right, I have shared blueprints in the past, but I only share blueprints of my own work. I no longer communicate to the Rising World community. I made a simple request for vestments, and people spazzed out; "blah blah, religious blah blah". My God, it was just a request for clothing. Anyway, if I did ever remove the sand from my bum and show them my blueprint based on your blueprint, you can rest assured that I'd give you credit and share the link. I'm really anal about plagiarism and giving proper credit.  

1 hour ago, Gilberticus said:

No, that's not quite right, I have shared blueprints in the past, but I only share blueprints of my own work. I no longer communicate to the Rising World community. I made a simple request for vestments, and people spazzed out; "blah blah, religious blah blah". My God, it was just a request for clothing.

That's a pretty strong response you got to a simple request? I can understand no answer or a no...but so much noise...

:blink:

gogo

Darn straight, boss! To be clear, it's not the developer that spazzed, it was the community. And what they said wasn't just "no", they said I had to take down the whole request period; "can't have conversations like this in this day and age". Whatever. It's turned into this whole thing, which I'm not going to get into, because I don't want to derail the thread. Plus, while I loathe the community, I love the game itself and it's devs. 

• Like! 1
16 hours ago, Gilberticus said:

I certainly would, if I shared blueprints with others. But everything I build is for my own accord, Rising World is like a more realistic Minecraft, and the only people who see what I build are the minerals I keep on my desk. The amethyst says "good job on the dungeon",though,  and the malachite really liked your land resort. The smoky quartz doesn't say much, it's kind of antisocial :)

I am happy to hear that my models are well liked, that is the important thing for me, your comment made me smile, lots, so, thank you for that, it sure made my day.

• Like! 1

One more thank you is in order. Last night, I was looking at  your futuristic manor build, and I realized something that totally changed the way I play Rising World. The manor itself is nice, but in my eyes, a building of that nature would require one of those sci-fi hermetic doors, while Rising World's doors look more like this:

20200220130012_1.thumb.jpg.9fb7c1a984e6f9f36ad3dbc36fbe8c88.jpg

I do have permission to use this picture, as it's a prototype for one of my hotels. Anyway, that's not a big deal, because I plan on turning your manor into something like this:

Snip.PNG.3bff3d999fde61aafe1a9dda5ab2c277.PNG

But the building isn't what gave me inspiration, it's the fact that you used water instead of a lawn. My biggest challenge with Rising World was roads, driveways, and garages. It's sometimes hard to gauge that stuff, being that we don't have vehicles to do proper spatial comparisons with. I do have a prototype of a highway, which I'm proud of:

20200220125516_1.thumb.jpg.cfdbe1d13611a69678d59ed54e7e397f.jpg

But this thing takes so much work. But do you know what we do have? Motorboats! It never dawned on me to build any, as I'm usually too busy building to go for a little cruise out in an ocean. But if I turn my highway into a waterway, that answers so many questions for me! I know we're getting more vehicles in time, but I've waited five years for them, which put all my blueprints of houses with attached garages on hold. But now, instead of highway and driveways, I can put a little channel in, and I'm good to go. Bam, the way I build in the game has totally been changed, and it's all because of inspiration I had while looking at one of your blueprints. Thank you !! :) My waterway prototype isn't too impressive yet, as I've only worked on it for the last 15 minutes or so, but here it is so far:

20200220125837_1.thumb.jpg.f0921ebcdecc16be9a2c434f732c5d9a.jpg

• Like! 1

One more thank you is in order. Last night, I was looking at your futuristic manor build, and I realized something that totally changed the way I play Rising World. The manor itself is nice, but in my eyes, a building of that nature would require one of those sci-fi hermetic doors.

Now that you have mentioned it, it possibly could be one, a hermetic door, because looking at it, as I have just done so and I include an image of that door here, the way it is locked. (See Image Below)

1942091291_TheMysteriousDoor.thumb.jpg.dd76b2db819c3cc54b7baa0c8b06706b.jpg

The lock is unusual I know, it is turnable, but only turning it a certain way in a certain sequence will the door actually unlock. But how does the door open? The more I think about it the cross section is a set of cleverly disguised locking bolts that seal the door in place, they slide away and the door slides upwards, because that would be so cool if it did, as usual sci-fi sliding doors always slide sideways. What do you think?

I do have permission to use this picture, as it's a prototype for one of my hotels. Anyway, that's not a big deal.

To help everyone know what we are both talking about, below is an image of that futuristic manor model.

1389670733_TheFuturisticManorHouse.thumb.jpg.735f9df8df48c58780e9e69e12d45f99.jpg

But the building isn't what gave me inspiration, it's the fact that you used water instead of a lawn. My biggest challenge with Rising World was roads, driveways, and garages. It's sometimes hard to gauge that stuff, being that we don't have vehicles to do proper spatial comparisons with. I do have a prototype of a highway, which I'm proud of.

Actually I was trying to imitate/copy from an image I once came by and I wished I had kept it, simply because I can’t find the dam thing again, it was a futuristic building, with a platform, the entire building was set high up with a shear drop into a pit, the building was two buildings, the one to the left looked a little bit more like some sort of a futuristic looking observatory, as best as I can describe it at least, I could not quite make my buildings be the same shapes as the original ones of that image.

So I did my own design. You will have noticed that I have changed the manor house slightly. Original design link:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/258a2f981026a0c66146f4637eaf43fa/The-Futuristic-Manor-House

Now the overhead walk way looks better than what I had originally done.

But this thing takes so much work. But do you know what we do have? Motorboats! It never dawned on me to build any, as I'm usually too busy building to go for a little cruise out in an ocean. But if I turn my highway into a waterway, that answers so many questions for me! I know we're getting more vehicles in time, but I've waited five years for them, which put all my blueprints of houses with attached garages on hold. But now, instead of highway and driveways, I can put a little channel in, and I'm good to go. Bam, the way I build in the game has totally been changed, and it's all because of inspiration I had while looking at one of your blueprints. Thank you. My waterway prototype isn’t too impressive yet, as I've only worked on it for the last 15 minutes or so, but here it is so far:

Thank you for sharing all of that information with me and the images too, it is much appreciated.

Edited by SheHawk
  • Respect! 1
17 hours ago, Gilberticus said:

What I think, as far as the door; the symbol on the lock looks like a dial to me. Spin the dial and the door retracts into the silver sphere. But then what would you do with the silver circle? Would it hover there, so you can push it out of the way? But if that happened, it seems like it would be a whole ordeal getting it it back in the same position to where the red parts of the door realign into the frame. As far as the manor itself, I like it. I wouldn't change anything, but I'd add one tiny thing; I'd make a cross section to the tube, having a tube gradually decline through the water. Maybe you've got a hidden room under the water, like a lab or a vault or armory. Or, maybe it's a family crypt. Or, maybe it's just one heck of a water slide. I haven't worked that part out yet, as I've still been tinkering with my waterways.

Another thing I saw of yours was your Tomb  Raider pyramids. We have those in the desert biomes of Rising World:

20200221123843_1.thumb.jpg.50b40e83b72a8d9365954c0587e58c28.jpg

but I never thought of playing with them; I just knock them down. But after looking at your blueprints, maybe it might be fun to renovate these things; turn them into homes or build like passages and antichambers and stuff. So, that's more inspiration I got from you, so thank you for that, too :)

Before I forget, which I did before in my prevous reply to you. I am beyond happy that my work is of inspiration to you. That is always my hope when I share my models, that they will inspire other people, either in Sketchup, Minecraft or with some other form of 3D Modelling platform. I use Sketchup simply because personally for me, it is the only one truly easy to learn, unlike other ones that say that they are easy, I have tried them and they are not easy to me. To alter a quote, what is one man's easy, is another mans difficult. (One man's wine quote) I have changed it to simply demonstarte that what is easy for one person does not always mean that it is easy for another person. I am glad that you like my Tomb Raider Pyramids.

The way you described the lock seems complicated, not that I am saying that my idea is better, the beauty of that model is that anyone can imagine how the door unlocks and that is all that matters to me. I am currently working on a city, I hade made one before and upladed it to sketchup, but when I checked it over I saw a few mistakes, like a few faces of buildings I had completely forgotten to texture among other things, but I won't go into too much detail about that as it's not relivent to the post, nore is the fact of how and why I could not alter it, just trust that I could not do anything to change the mistake and that I know how and why, but it meant having to make a whole new city from scratch and deleting that model from the Sketchup Warehouse. Maria City was the name of my model city and that is what I am making with a different city map layout to the one I had used for the original city, again, I had not kept that image.

Edited by SheHawk

Sorry, I meant to get to this earlier, but my father brought over buckets and buckets of tabulate coral for me to identify. He's a trip "Ryan, I found fossilized honey combs, how is that possible:)" Lol, because they're favosites :) I think one might be a spirifer; I'm not too familiar with those fellas. 

Anyway, yes, it is complicated. You know how some do K.I.S; Keep It Simple? That ain't my jam, I do K.I.C.C; Keep It Complicated and Confusing. I'm one of those dreamers. But you know what the song says about dreamers: "You know I'm a dreamer, but my heart's of gold..."

But that's why I love to share blueprints. Some see Yoda's tomb, when all you were going for is a new style of coffee table. 

Edited by Gilberticus
  • Appreciation 1
10 hours ago, Gilberticus said:

Sorry, I meant to get to this earlier, but my father brought over buckets and buckets of tabulate coral for me to identify. He's a trip "Ryan, I found fossilized honey combs, how is that possible:)" Lol, because they're favosites :) I think one might be a spirifer; I'm not too familiar with those fellas. 

Anyway, yes, it is complicated. You know how some do K.I.S; Keep It Simple? That ain't my jam, I do K.I.C.C; Keep It Complicated and Confusing. I'm one of those dreamers. But you know what the song says about dreamers: "You know I'm a dreamer, but my heart's of gold..."

But that's why I love to share blueprints. Some see Yoda's tomb, when all you were going for is a new style of coffee table. 

Oh I can do compicated sometimes, I am a dreamer too, sometimes a bit of a practical one, but not always. I am a go with the flow kind of person, so if what I am doing is complicated, I will go with that, if it is simple, I will go with that too. Though not both at the same time. *Lol* Anyway, keep on dreaming and I hope theat they are always happy ones, big or small.