In just 5 minutes - sharing recipes

Sometimes you get guests and you are not prepared. Luckily there are some recipes you can do in less than 5 minutes with stuff you have at home.

What is always at (our) home are salt, pepper, tomato, selfmade hand cheese, garden herbs.

Cut the hand cheese rolls in dices, tomato in dices, a bit salt and pepper and most often some coriander for a colorful look.

really quick, or ?

The Handkäse (hand cheese) is really easy to make if you have the bacteria and access to fresh milk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handkäse

Source of milk: Cow

Texture: Soft but firm

Fat content: 1.1% to 2.3%

Protein content: 26.6% to 37.7%

Nearly no fat and high on proteins ;)

handkc3a4se1.jpg

tomaten-bauern-handkaese-teller-rezept.j

• Thanks! 1
22 hours ago, chattius said:

Sometimes you get guests and you are not prepared. Luckily there are some recipes you can do in less than 5 minutes with stuff you have at home.

What is always at (our) home are salt, pepper, tomato, selfmade hand cheese, garden herbs.

Cut the hand cheese rolls in dices, tomato in dices, a bit salt and pepper and most often some coriander for a colorful look.

really quick, or ?

The Handkäse (hand cheese) is really easy to make if you have the bacteria and access to fresh milk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handkäse

Source of milk: Cow

Texture: Soft but firm

Fat content: 1.1% to 2.3%

Protein content: 26.6% to 37.7%

Nearly no fat and high on proteins ;)

handkc3a4se1.jpg

tomaten-bauern-handkaese-teller-rezept.j

This sounds great and looks tasty.  Though I have to admit the last few times I've had guests over (nephew)  we've usually walked them down the street to the Pizza Place ... lazy gogo.. bad baaaaaaaaaaaaaad

IMG_5013.jpg

:whip:

gogo

Pizza can be done in 5 minutes. The video is in German however. A boy and his sister are hungry and decide to order a Pizza. One hour delivery time sounds to long. But doing one in an oven is easily 30 minutes too. So the boy is creative and uses a sandwich maker.

• Like! 1
On 10/2/2019 at 7:07 AM, chattius said:

Pizza can be done in 5 minutes. The video is in German however. A boy and his sister are hungry and decide to order a Pizza. One hour delivery time sounds to long. But doing one in an oven is easily 30 minutes too. So the boy is creative and uses a sandwich maker.

I got a sandwich paninini maker from my cousin for Christmas... I do love using it, but also forget I have it for a few weeks till I remember it.  Panin's are awesome... you can create just bout anything with leftovers quickly

:)

gogo

Yes, modern contact grills are amazing, smartphone app controlled, measuring thickness of meat, ...  The main problem is that we would have needed a real big one for all the kids. But with the older two at university I got one as birthday present.

First thing I did was to read the manual and noticing that the contact plates were removable for easy cleaning. So I thought there could be other forms of contact plates. And there were: waffle plates. Normally thought for Belgian waffles I quickly used them for potatoe pancakes and found out that I wasn't the first with the idea :)

The advantage of the thick waffle plates is that they store a lot of heat. So the first two need 5 minutes the next two only 3.

I havent gotten to waffleplates yet.  As a good rule, I have to watch my sugar so breads and cereals are more of a special treat for me.  Visiting my cousin on weekends though, they are proficient with the waffles, and love to pile them with mountains of sweet fruits and sauces

Kayumbo!

:drool:

gogo

I mix Sauerkraut into the normal Potatoe Pancake mixture. Has way less calories this way. Also using the waffle plates is less oil than doing the Pancakes in a pan. Are pancakes not done in a pan still pancakes? ;)

Instead serving the pancakes traditional with sweet apple puree we often add salades which ripe in autumn.

1c2a56f33de9d2b90ded4be18f450794-sauerkr

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I think the question is unclear.

Do you cook for women, or for men?

My favorite recipe for kittens:
-------------------------------
- Get some crushed almonds, or walnuts
- Fill a handful in a bowl
- Add some Honey. (Acacia-honey works best)
- Mix it until almonds/walnuts are covered with honey
- Serve
Result:
Kittens start purring quickly, wife gets compliments from other kittens
and is pleased.

Cooking for boys is easy.
-------------------------
- Warm up some sausages.
- Cut big, fat slices of bread
- Open a box of chips/crackers
- Serve
- Put a box of icecold beer on the table.
- Turn on TV/Play Station
- Done.
Result:
Orc-guests belch, fart, grunt, litter and leave a total mess. When kitten returns
the next day, you´re deep in trouble.

Edited by Dax
  • Haha 1