How to change class requirements on items?

So, I'm exclusively talking about certain class-specific items like the Seraphim-only shields and 1H swords (not even about the SW's 2H hammers) - not about armor sets. I'm just getting kind of annoyed with my Magic coup elf getting awesome Seraphim weaponry that she can't use. :) Yes, there's an abundance of loot she can use and the Seraphim items aren't technically better, I just see no reason why the swords and shields should be restricted.

I looked at the iteminfo.txt and itemtype.txt files in \Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\scripts\shared folder but I'm not really sure which lines in the seraphim shields & swords I need to change and to what. Does anyone have a clue? 

I'm using the CM patch btw. Thanks! 

There are two places you need to check.  Itemtype.txt and blueprint.txt.

In itemtype.txt, check for this line and make sure it says DEFAULT instead of SERAPHIM

user         = "WEARGROUP_DEFAULT",

In blueprint.txt, check for this line:

wearergroups = {'WEARGROUP_DEFAULT',},

and again make sure it says DEFAULT instead of SERAPHIM.

• Like! 1

Ok, sounds simple enough, even for me. I'll try it out, thanks! 

Out of curiosity - what happens when you change the requirements on an armor piece? I'm assuming it shouldn't be able to fit on another character's physical model, right? 

• Like! 1

Assuming they have the available slot (so not a Temple Guardian's battery or Seraphim wings, etc.) the game would display the armor on the character model.  With the exception of the Dragon Mage / Shadow Warrior who have almost the same skeleton, any armor swapped between characters would almost certainly look bad with some degree of clipping going on.

• Thanks! 1