ESP: The beginning and the modmerging system [S2G/CP1.6/EE2.1/SS,C]

23 minutes ago, Androdion said:

If that's per line changed then I can see the issue, if it's per package of changes I don't think it's that bad.

Its per mod. And not even that necessary, as people could just link to the common download source. But thats not the issue, the issue is in how-does-the-user-interact with the software.

1. If somebody wants to install a mod and the software is included in the package its most convenient. Convenience at the cost of 10mb.

2. If mod authors link to the source, and people would have to put both pieces together it makes it more traffic friendly, but less convenient, because users would have to switch out the modding content everytime.

Edited by Charon117

@Flix Quick question, where is the main menu image stored ?

This is the rough prototype: [Deleted]

The "Sacred 2 Gold Modmerge" folder is the folder in which you put your modding content, just like usual, as you would into your main Sacred installation folder.

1. Start "Sacred 2 Modmerge Installer.exe" ( the name will be incorrect due to forum autocorrect bot, slap ) and insert your installation folder, and whether you automatically want to remove animation dublicates. It creates a folder called InstallSettings.txt
  2. The installer will call Sacred2cpp.exe with InstallSettings.txt on its list to load. It will produce a logfile called logfile.txt and automatically finish
  3. done.

Source Code is included. And the Sacred 2 Gold Modmerge examples folder gives a file by file explanation of what data the modmerge system takes.

@Flix @dimitrius154 @Androdion @gogoblender

You have to let the installation run at least once, but afterwards you can quickstart it with the last settings by starting Sacred2cpp.exe directly.

I need feedback whether or not that is exactly what you need, and in what direction the product should improve in. And ofcourse whether the installation works as expected.

Edited by Charon117
41 minutes ago, Charon117 said:

Quick question, where is the main menu image stored ?

I believe it can go in pak/data/outgame

The original is packed in a zip file, I believe it's pak/skin.zip

I'm not at home nor do I have an install that I can check at the moment, sorry.

On 1/27/2020 at 5:37 PM, Flix said:

I believe it can go in pak/data/outgame

The original is packed in a zip file, I believe it's pak/skin.zip

I'm not at home nor do I have an install that I can check at the moment, sorry.

Come home quickly :). and safely.

Edit: Refreshed Link: [Deleted] Download again please.

Edit2: Do you like the installer framework, or should we just cut down everything to a pure console build ?

Edited by Charon117
  • The title was changed to ESP: The beginning and the modmerging system [S2G/CP1.6/EE2.1/SS,C]

So, guys. My main question is, when can I release the software ? Since I dont have any testers, Flix isnt in town, dimitrius is busy with addendum, I can "never" release it, since it will never see any testing.

So my question here is, who is willing to test the software throughly in a timely manner, or know people who are so happy about something like this existing that they would spend time on testing it ?

@Flix @dimitrius154 @Androdion @gogoblender

If we dont find any testers the Modmerge Software will simply go out marked as BETA and untested.

On 1/27/2020 at 11:55 PM, Charon117 said:

If we dont find any testers

A widespread problem, even for AAA developers, it seems. Finding dedicated testers. Or consultants. Judging by what these elois spew nowadays, at least storywise.

Morbidly sarcastic attitude aside, though I'd like to see a reliable utility, diverting attention to the affair sets my primary endeavour completion timing back. It goes against my programming to allow that, sorry.

Tested spawn.txt with different layermap_id s and the game seems to behave normally up to a tested layermap_id = 6. So I assume layermap_id is what it says it is, a simple id.

I ask all major modders to change their spawn.txt according to the table below.

I would like to get the source of this problem fixed too - the CP, but as somebody else said, thats unlikely to happen.

mgr.addSpawn (61,13,0,{ -- Wald 4 |||     layermap_id = 3, - change to layermap_id  = 4
mgr.addSpawn (11,51,0,{ -- Harpien Dunkle Rituale |||     layermap_id = 1, - change to layermap_id  = 4
mgr.addSpawn (58,54,0,{ -- Weihnachtsbaeume |||     layermap_id = 3, - change to layermap_id  = 4
mgr.addSpawn (58,54,0,{ -- Weihnachtsbaeume |||     layermap_id = 2, - change to layermap_id  = 5
mgr.addSpawn (58,55,0,{ -- Weihnachtsbaeume |||     layermap_id = 3, - change to layermap_id  = 4
mgr.addSpawn (58,55,0,{ -- Weihnachtsbaeume |||     layermap_id = 2, - change to layermap_id  = 5
mgr.addSpawn (58,56,0,{ -- Weihnachtsbaeume |||     layermap_id = 3, - change to layermap_id  = 4
mgr.addSpawn (58,56,0,{ -- Weihnachtsbaeume |||     layermap_id = 2, - change to layermap_id  = 5
mgr.addSpawn (59,55,0,{ -- Weihnachtsbaeume |||     layermap_id = 3, - change to layermap_id  = 4
mgr.addSpawn (59,55,0,{ -- Weihnachtsbaeume |||     layermap_id = 2, - change to layermap_id  = 5
mgr.addSpawn (59,56,0,{ -- Weihnachtsbaeume |||     layermap_id = 3, - change to layermap_id  = 4
mgr.addSpawn (59,56,0,{ -- Weihnachtsbaeume |||     layermap_id = 2, - change to layermap_id  = 5

With this the spawn.txt identifier will get reduced to sector position + layermap_id, which will allow mods to change density of existing entries, like Flixs SuperSpawn mod does for instance. Older data will still have that problem but at least the gateway of bigger mods will have it fixed.

Thank you for your time.

I grabbed a clean CP 1.6 build, then applied the following mods

1. Elite Textures
  2. EE 2.2 Enhanced Spells
  3. EE Superspawn (fixed the issue with triple to dual identifier)
  4. EE Challenge
  5. Flix music
  6. Disable Splash
  7. Readable Console
  8. Boss Farms (quest.txt)
  9. Mob Farms (quest.txt)
  10. Diverse movement speed

After each step I started up the game at least once, checked the game for obvious bugs, teleported once, and ran around a bit. At no step did any crash or corruption occur. Logfile is intact, equipment obviously changed a bit from the CP > EE item ids. I cant seem to find a major issue with the modmerge installer.

On 1/29/2020 at 6:12 PM, Charon117 said:

I ask all major modders to change their spawn.txt according to the table below.

This will be included in EE 2.3 and also the upcoming hotfix for D2F.

• Appreciation 1
On 1/29/2020 at 6:12 PM, Charon117 said:

mgr.addSpawn (58,54,0,{ -- Weihnachtsbaeume |||     layermap_id = 3, - change to layermap_id  = 4
mgr.addSpawn (58,54,0,{ -- Weihnachtsbaeume |||     layermap_id = 2, - change to layermap_id  = 5
mgr.addSpawn (58,55,0,{ -- Weihnachtsbaeume |||     layermap_id = 3, - change to layermap_id  = 4
mgr.addSpawn (58,55,0,{ -- Weihnachtsbaeume |||     layermap_id = 2, - change to layermap_id  = 5
mgr.addSpawn (58,56,0,{ -- Weihnachtsbaeume |||     layermap_id = 3, - change to layermap_id  = 4
mgr.addSpawn (58,56,0,{ -- Weihnachtsbaeume |||     layermap_id = 2, - change to layermap_id  = 5
mgr.addSpawn (59,55,0,{ -- Weihnachtsbaeume |||     layermap_id = 3, - change to layermap_id  = 4
mgr.addSpawn (59,55,0,{ -- Weihnachtsbaeume |||     layermap_id = 2, - change to layermap_id  = 5
mgr.addSpawn (59,56,0,{ -- Weihnachtsbaeume |||     layermap_id = 3, - change to layermap_id  = 4
mgr.addSpawn (59,56,0,{ -- Weihnachtsbaeume |||     layermap_id = 2, - change to layermap_id  = 5

Just curious, why change 2 to 5 and not 1?  I guess it probably won't matter if 1 is skipped, just seems strange to make all of these range 2-5 and not 1-4.

2 hours ago, Flix said:

Just curious, why change 2 to 5 and not 1?  I guess it probably won't matter if 1 is skipped, just seems strange to make all of these range 2-5 and not 1-4.

There is no reason to it. Just conformity.

If you think logical than you would realise that 1 - 3 are standard spawns. From the information I gathered the "Weihnachtsbaeume" are bonus content, put in by CP folks after the fact. They have ids 2 and 3 either because the original developers didnt care to give them proper ids because it was a time limited content, or becauset the original entries of 2 - 3 got removed during that time, The latter is what I suspect. Either way, the non Weihnachtsbaeume 2 - 3 ids are obviously the original content, and the Weihnachtsbaeume are bonus content, which means its logical to continue counting after ids 1 -3. Having bonus content start after the standard 1 - 3 identification is more coherent than to split up bonus content to 1 and 4. I also suspect 1 to have existed in the past, but removed or merged, which makes the reentry of non bonus content for id 1 more likely than bonus content requiring id 6.

Understood.  I think the Weihnachtsbaeume's came first (Christmas patch) then were replaced outright by Ascaron with the other entries (conversion to Northland Expedition).  CM devs then sought to re-add the old Weihnachtsbaeume's alongside the others, and didn't bother to check layermap ID's since they functioned ok.

I looked through all the examples and I believe everything in 2.3 is properly formatted for use with the merging software.

@Charon117 Are you able to run a check on the D2F spawn.txt for duplicates as well (attached)?  I've been editing it for 5 years without much, if any, regard to layermap ID's.  I don't know what else may have slipped in during the early haphazard days.

spawn.txt

7 hours ago, Flix said:

@Charon117 Are you able to run a check on the D2F spawn.txt for duplicates as well (attached)?  I've been editing it for 5 years without much, if any, regard to layermap ID's.  I don't know what else may have slipped in during the early haphazard days.

Sacred 2 Spawn says you have these dublicates:

mgr.addSpawn (13,55,0,{ -- Harpien Dunkle Rituale |||     layermap_id = 1,
mgr.addSpawn (35,32,0,{ -- Harpy HE |||     layermap_id = 1,

:)

• Thanks! 1
15 hours ago, Charon117 said:

Sacred 2 Spawn says you have these dublicates:

:)

Thanks that actually helped me catch a typo that I made.  That second one was supposed to be mgr.addSpawn (36,32,0,{ -- Harpy HE