Sacred 2 Lag ingame with GOG version and CMPatch?

I'm running the GOG version and used the CM Patch on a Win 10 machine.

When I'm playing for some time I experience some lag. The lag is like entering a new zone (like a dungeon) and than it takes several seconds for the enemies to spawn. Or like a new shadow warrior getting out of his crypt and the graves cannot be touched. Then suddenly for some short time I can touch some graves. Then it switches those graves off again. (BTW I played another character for some hours before creating this one.)

What may cause this and what can I do to fix it or circumvent it? - I don't like to tweak the installation much. Although I should be ok with it. I'm not without any experience in gaming (and I played Sacred 1 and 2 several years ago).

45 minutes ago, mike57 said:

When I'm playing for some time I experience some lag. The lag is like entering a new zone (like a dungeon) and than it takes several seconds for the enemies to spawn.

Yes, it's a desync between the client and the server executables of the game. Sometimes up to 5 minutes can pass before it goes away. It's a vanilla bug, that was only resolved(I believe) some months after the CM Patch 1.60 release.

To me that sounds like there are 2 solutions:

1. Wait for the next patch (I don't know any schedule for that - thus this does not work for some time)

2. Refresh the game (as it happens after switching chars, this would refer to a new start of the game - worst would be a restart of the PC) --- I can live with that.

Final observation: it's good to know a reason.

• Like! 1
On 10/12/2019 at 5:20 AM, mike57 said:

I can live with that.

Final observation: it's good to know a reason.

Happy you met up with dmitriy and got an answer... welcome to DarkMatters Mike, delighted you have found this (our :D) game 

:gogo:

gogo

oh, don't worry.

I'm a German and I played the game and it's predecessor quite a lot. I just had some problems to get it running under the new Win systems and with the DRM. When your harddisk fails, you just have no way to remove the DRM automatically. And although I'm a professional programmer of 30 years on host computers, I'm not a technical geek.

At the same time my first stop to get help (the RAD community) is out of work currently. I was a member of that community for several years and played with some of them on Ascaron's servers when multiplayer was still offered. It was some funny time.

Thus I'm just returning to one of the games that got me into online gaming (back in the days). It's still attractive to me. Even now or maybe because of now!?