SACRED 2 ONLINE MULTIPLAYER: HOW-TO, DISCUSSION & DEVELOPMENT

Cant get over your enthusiasm! You guys really figured this out, after everyone for years was saying it was impossible.

... so much passion for this game!

We'll set you up a permanent link on the forum regarding getting this announcment out to more folks... give us a few days... 

Schot's busy carving up the SacredWiki for mobile!

:lol:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @Ellie, sorry for my late reply, I didn't noticed your post earlier: I am not sure about the EEserver, but could reproduce the issue on another game mode and just restarted the whole stack of servers and lobby which seems to solve it for me.

For your other issue: Error 61 means your server is not accessible by the outside world, which usually means the ports used by your server are not accessible over the internet.

• Appreciation 1

Thank you, sounds great.

We check in out later. The Error 61 is definitely our router. It was a old one that blocks us even if we open all ports. We had this issue with so many Games. We bought a new one and now we are good.

17 hours ago, xrystal said:

Hi @Ellie, sorry for my late reply, I didn't noticed your post earlier: I am not sure about the EEserver, but could reproduce the issue on another game mode and just restarted the whole stack of servers and lobby which seems to solve it for me.

For your other issue: Error 61 means your server is not accessible by the outside world, which usually means the ports used by your server are not accessible over the internet.

Thanks Xyrstal for helping out the MP community again!

:dance2:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, long time ;)

This is amazing. Thank you.

Going to even bring out the old-timers like me for this ha.

I initially connected to the eu.sacred2.net lobby, as my old install was still looking there. So I've switched it back to the us.sacred2.net with port 6900.

My old characters, all seem to be able to connect fine, I was able to make a game just fine, everything, the works, using the CM patch 1.60.

I would add those servers/ports to the main post, they were somewhere around page 4-5.

It made me laugh, nostalgia from back then, had to switch between the two lobbies, and Ascaron's test servers.

Does it matter all the servers say EU/DE? Are we all on one lobby however we connect? Whichever domain used? I didn't see any 'US' server names, just unsure.

It was pretty wild reading this thread, I gotta say.

Unbelievable.

You folks truly are the best, and have my sincerest gratitude.

Of course, you know what this means Gogo;

Going to have to round everyone up. I'm sure we've all some catching up to do.

Thank you very much.

Edited by r00ster
3 hours ago, r00ster said:

[...] I would add those servers/ports to the main post, they were somewhere around page 4-5.

It made me laugh, nostalgia from back then, had to switch between the two lobbies, and Ascaron's test servers.

Does it matter all the servers say EU/DE? Are we all on one lobby however we connect? Whichever domain used? I didn't see any 'US' server names, just unsure.

[...]

Hi @r00ster,

yes, all old lobby addresses known to me redirect now to the same, globally shared lobby.
Everyone installing a fresh copy of sacred2 should afaik get an address like *.sacred2.net for his default confiugration and thus should find this one without further doing.
Therefore, server ports and lobby addresses are not mentioned in the opening post anymore, I did not want to make it looking more complicated than it currently is, just scares away people :D

So you had the test servers as your lobby defined previously? May I ask, which address they are? I did not even knew those :D

The location of the lobby does not matter technically. For the servers however, from your location for example latency while playing of course might be a bit worse, the current EU servers are all hosted in germany. Makes hammering the spacebar in tense boss fights occasinally even more of a duty for you... :D 

But if someone in the US or another popular location not covered has a server with a bit computing power unused laying arround and wants to provide a few servers from there, I would gladly help setting them up. Right now the majority of servers run inside docker containers on the same linux server which also provides the lobby. A few are running separated on a second server I use for testing and beeing able to confirm myself, that it is actually possible to connect servers from outside to it whenever someone has issues with that (according to the server logs and also a bit discussion here and there with some people, hosting their own servers at home seems to be a bit too involved in general, because of port redirects and NAT and whatever complicates the network at home ;)), but that one is also located in germany.

• Appreciation 1
10 hours ago, r00ster said:

Hey all, long time ;)

This is amazing. Thank you.

Going to even bring out the old-timers like me for this ha.

I initially connected to the eu.sacred2.net lobby, as my old install was still looking there. So I've switched it back to the us.sacred2.net with port 6900.

My old characters, all seem to be able to connect fine, I was able to make a game just fine, everything, the works, using the CM patch 1.60.

I would add those servers/ports to the main post, they were somewhere around page 4-5.

It was pretty wild reading this thread, I gotta say.

Unbelievable.

You folks truly are the best, and have my sincerest gratitude.

Of course, you know what this means Gogo;

Going to have to round everyone up. I'm sure we've all some catching up to do.

Thank you very much.

Dang rooster! good to see you back!!  yes the nostalgia is insane sometimes when looking over these game scenes... I was watching Clan Overlooks new Sacred Underworld Reborn HD Mod complete HD redesign...and when the player is going through the desert...that terrific and eerie wind whistling noise is just so nostalgia-pang inducing!.. 

Its insane how all the guys on this thread have gotten MP back working for this game...

Wizards!!

:schot:

gogo

6 hours ago, xrystal said:

Hi @r00ster,

yes, all old lobby addresses known to me redirect now to the same, globally shared lobby.
Everyone installing a fresh copy of sacred2 should afaik get an address like *.sacred2.net for his default confiugration and thus should find this one without further doing.
Therefore, server ports and lobby addresses are not mentioned in the opening post anymore, I did not want to make it looking more complicated than it currently is, just scares away people :D

So you had the test servers as your lobby defined previously? May I ask, which address they are? I did not even knew those :D

The location of the lobby does not matter technically. For the servers however, from your location for example latency while playing of course might be a bit worse, the current EU servers are all hosted in germany. Makes hammering the spacebar in tense boss fights occasinally even more of a duty for you... :D 

But if someone in the US or another popular location not covered has a server with a bit computing power unused laying arround and wants to provide a few servers from there, I would gladly help setting them up. Right now the majority of servers run inside docker containers on the same linux server which also provides the lobby. A few are running separated on a second server I use for testing and beeing able to confirm myself, that it is actually possible to connect servers from outside to it whenever someone has issues with that (according to the server logs and also a bit discussion here and there with some people, hosting their own servers at home seems to be a bit too involved in general, because of port redirects and NAT and whatever complicates the network at home ;)), but that one is also located in germany.

Did you still need me to restore the old closed net multiplayer buttons that were removed in the CM Patch?  I am working on updates to Enhanced Edition and Diablo 2 Fallen now and it is no trouble to restore the menus to how they were in the last official patch.

20 minutes ago, Flix said:

Did you still need me to restore the old closed net multiplayer buttons that were removed in the CM Patch?  I am working on updates to Enhanced Edition and Diablo 2 Fallen now and it is no trouble to restore the menus to how they were in the last official patch.

Oh hey @Flix, thanks for remembering my request :), yes, if it is really no big trouble for you, it would be great if you could do that as it will ease the access to the multiplayer lobby for players using these mods. At least for the Enhanced Edition I have servers running there (which I of course would need to update as soon as your updated mod releases ;)). D2F I have currently not hosted, but since that might change or someone could just host these themself via the same lobby, it would probably be nice to use this opportunity to restore the button there, too.

Edited by xrystal
  • Appreciation 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 3:23 AM, Flix said:

Ok not a problem.  The next releases of my mods will have the multiplayer menus restored.  This is how it looks: [...]

Yeah, that looks just like it used to be, perfect, thank you very much :)

• Like! 1

1 hour ago, NegativeOne said:

Do it need the closed net button? Only open net works with the lobby.

It would be the same with coop (or? honstely I never checked :)), but having the buttons might in my opinion still be a good idea: As you see with for example the not anymore updated community patch, it might be difficult to get the buttons back into the game later on. In the case anything about the situation changes in the distant future, like it did with the OpenNet, it might pass a long time again until someone could add another button to specific modifications. I think it's a bit of a trade of, to keep options which may be useful at some point of the cost of beeing useless right now. But since vanilla has those buttons anyway, at least everybody would have the same interface again... ;)

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Uglukpvp said:

Hey Xrystal and all! Thanks for all your work!  Just a question..can you create some pvp servers for vanilla sacred 2?

Thank you so much.

Ugluk

Hello ugluk,

I'm not sure how many players you might find for such a specific mode - as far as I remember, it was not even popular back in the days (or maybe it was just me who was constantly too scared to enter pvp servers =))-, but since there is still processing power to spare, sure why not... (added 5 servers to the list, 1 of each difficulty tier)

Have fun murdering your foes & friends ;)

2 hours ago, xrystal said:

Hello ugluk,

I'm not sure how many players you might find for such a specific mode - as far as I remember, it was not even popular back in the days (or maybe it was just me who was constantly too scared to enter pvp servers =))-, but since there is still processing power to spare, sure why not... (added 5 servers to the list, 1 of each difficulty tier)

Have fun murdering your foes & friends ;)

Thank you so much Xrystal. I have been playing sacred 1 and 2 mainly for pvp.... I'm trying to repopulate  these servers with old players.... Anyway thank you so much for your dedication to this game!

• Like! 1

Добрый день, я здесь в первый день, я нашел ваш форум, потому что я искал способ играть священные 2 онлайн с моими друзьями, и я хочу узнать, как я могу запустить этот сервер на моем компьютере, у меня есть проблемы с английским языком, и я пишу с помощью переводчика

Good day, I'm here for the first day, I found your forum because I was looking for a way to play sacred 2 online With my friends, and I want to find out how I can run this server on my computer, I have problems with English and I write using a translator

• The title was changed to SACRED 2 ONLINE MULTIPLAYER: HOW-TO, DISCUSSION & DEVELOPMENT