SACRED 2 ONLINE MULTIPLAYER: HOW-TO, DISCUSSION & DEVELOPMENT

@xrystal Thank you ;)

When I see how it was a little bit difficult for me to understand all of that, I'm glad if my little work can help anyone.

On another way, I'm playing Sacred 2 on two computers and it's boring for me to transfer savegames from one computer to another,
and I've found that if I don't install the game on the second computer, language, speech etc are not working correctly,
so I've copied the game on a USB SSD and made a game launcher with manual savegames backup and auto savegames backup when you close the game.
I've included the ability to install/start JSGME and to install/start the Lobby Server Launcher I've made.

@xrystal & @gogoblender Do you think it could be usefull to post it on the forum too ? 

s2launcher.png

Edited by PolluxTroy0
  • Thanks! 1
18 hours ago, PolluxTroy0 said:

@xrystal Thank you ;)

When I see how it was a little bit difficult for me to understand all of that, I'm glad if my little work can help anyone.

On another way, I'm playing Sacred 2 on two computers and it's boring for me to transfer savegames from one computer to another,
and I've found that if I don't install the game on the second computer, language, speech etc are not working correctly,
so I've copied the game on a USB SSD and made a game launcher with manual savegames backup and auto savegames backup when you close the game.
I've included the ability to install/start JSGME and to install/start the Lobby Server Launcher I've made.

@xrystal & @gogoblender Do you think it could be usefull to post it on the forum too ? 

s2launcher.png

Thanks pollux, youre going to help a lot of players trying to play others!

You can actually upload your work here to the downloads section where all the files and uploads for this game are:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/files/

Once you put up your uploads, pix and images, and press submit, it will pace the work in the collection here and also publish a Topic here in DarkMatters for letting the community here know.

:)

gogo

16 hours ago, PolluxTroy0 said:

Pollux, you did it ! For so many years it was like trying to get to MP was a feat akin to breaking through another dimension.  Everyone's work on this topic gets to be used do quickly with the industrious work on your launcher

sorry folks, gonna beak out into french...

superbe mon ami!!

We have some more channels in some other sites and I'll post the links to your launcher there, with it being so much easier now, this will be appreciated.

I read your story about how you fell in love with this game, and lol"d ... this game bites us in the addiction bone HARD

:lol:

gogo

ps on a side not, are you working here in MTL ? or doing coding here? Schot, a member here of DarkMatters actually just a new job doing support for Core Logic from the States and they have an office here in Old Montreal right by the port, and he loves the team :thumbsup:

Thank you @gogoblender ;) I really appreciate your support.

I like joking that I'm a lazy guy ahah. I mean, even if I like using tools the hard way, I always spent so much time making tools like this for anything. For example, I often need to install Windows on brand new computers with all drivers, customization etc... It's fun to do it manualy but I love when I can create something that do it all for me, that's so satisfying ahah.

I've never really studied about coding etc... (look at my source code, I'm pretty sure it could be better). It's more like a passion ;)

I'm working as an IT in a hardware shop... in france ^^, but I'm pretty sure one day I'll try to come living an working in Canada. I've traveled one time for a week of vacation and I loved the country.

Edited by PolluxTroy0

I've started to implement changing game text/voice language.

In the EU version of the game I have only those :

German - en_DE - 5
English - en_UK - 6
French - fr_FR - 7
Spanish - es_ES - 8
Italian - it_IT - 9

Do you know wich other languages I'm missing ?
Seems to miss language 1, 2, 3 and 4 if the movietrack settings is correct.

Thank you ;)

• 6 months later...

My brother and I have both followed these instructions and are trying to join one of the open servers provided so that we can play together.  Upon trying to enter one, we're both crashing and needing to restart the game.  Any ideas for us?

EDIT:  Read back through some earlier posts and see that this is an issue that others have had over the last few years.  Are the servers still being reset weekly?  If so, perhaps after tonight we will be able to get in.  I will also try hosting my own server, ensuring portforwarding/firewall issues are not causing problems.

Edited by smokybellows
Read earlier posts!
On 2/13/2023 at 2:47 PM, smokybellows said:

My brother and I have both followed these instructions and are trying to join one of the open servers provided so that we can play together.  Upon trying to enter one, we're both crashing and needing to restart the game.  Any ideas for us?

EDIT:  Read back through some earlier posts and see that this is an issue that others have had over the last few years.  Are the servers still being reset weekly?  If so, perhaps after tonight we will be able to get in.  I will also try hosting my own server, ensuring portforwarding/firewall issues are not causing problems.

Halloooo smokeybellows and welcome to the forums!

Yah, going through this topic gets you some great testing and feedback (even a mod from the poster above you!) that have gotten players into the servers.  Have you been able to go forward with this, and gotten into the game with your brother?

gogo

23 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Halloooo smokeybellows and welcome to the forums!

Yah, going through this topic gets you some great testing and feedback (even a mod from the poster above you!) that have gotten players into the servers.  Have you been able to go forward with this, and gotten into the game with your brother?

gogo

Thanks for the reply!  Yep, we tried the mod... haven't had luck yet, but haven't tried today.  Will be giving it another whirl tonight once he's available.

Might also try the Radmin VPN route over LAN!

• Like! 1
On 2/13/2023 at 8:47 PM, smokybellows said:

Yes, the servers still reset once a week (every tuesday). But aside from these kind of issues also differences in mods/gamefiles could cause crashes like that and given my probably not-anymore up-to-date server files for some gamemodes it's worth to double check if the servers mod versions match your local ones. I intended to move the gameservers to another server and improve the infrastructure around the lobby for quite a while, but well nothing much ever happened. For now, I just maintain the current state although it could really be improved by a lot.

• Appreciation 1
1 hour ago, xrystal said:

Yes, the servers still reset once a week (every tuesday). But aside from these kind of issues also differences in mods/gamefiles could cause crashes like that and given my probably not-anymore up-to-date server files for some gamemodes it's worth to double check if the servers mod versions match your local ones. I intended to move the gameservers to another server and improve the infrastructure around the lobby for quite a while, but well nothing much ever happened. For now, I just maintain the current state although it could really be improved by a lot.

Woo Hoo! Xyrystal...thanks for replying!

...and even in this heavy blizzard here in montreal!

The work put into researching, creating and maintaining these servers is beautiful, thank you for the kindness

:hugs:

gogo

• 3 months later...

Since about 10pm last night pst the sacred 2 gold pc servers have been crashing to desktop every time I have tried to join. A friend is having the same problem. thought I would bring up the issue. Hopefully it can be fixed soon. Thank you

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Xblades5555 said:

Since about 10pm last night pst the sacred 2 gold pc servers have been crashing to desktop every time I have tried to join. A friend is having the same problem. thought I would bring up the issue. Hopefully it can be fixed soon. Thank you

Hi XBlades5555 and welcme to the forums!

Can you please post the link to the servers you are trying to join ? Who is offering this hosting, is it one of the members from DarkMatters or somewhere/one else?

gogo

On 5/24/2023 at 2:42 AM, Xblades5555 said:

Are you using Xrystals multiplayer solution? If yes, know that he said a while ago, that he is sick of it all a bit. Maybe he has abandoned the project finally.

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to The open net servers on sacred 2 gold seem to be down since last night

If its Xrystal's set up you're trying to get into it could be that, as with all modders and project creators, they may be taking a break... ill pull this entire topic into his main creative topic and if/when he comes back to visit as he does now and then he may have some feedback.

Until then, Sacred 2's charms as single player shall have to suffice!

:hugs:

gogo

• The title was changed to SACRED 2 ONLINE MULTIPLAYER: HOW-TO, DISCUSSION & DEVELOPMENT