Crashing on Initial Loading Screen

I've been trying to get back into the game, and I can't get past the initial loading screen! It loads for a bit, then it says something about autoexec.txt, and the game minimizes to taskbar. I can't do anything at that point, and the game crashes eventually.

I have the GOG version, and I've tried launching the game with/without the Community Patch. Help!

I'm happy to help you with this problem. Actually those who have the Steam version report the most problems. However, here's a link that should help with either the GOG version or Steam's. Please follow up with us here and let us know if this helped and what you think worked to correct the issue. Also, if you still have an issue, please report back for more assistance.

Help Sacred 2 Gold (steam) don't start (startup error)

Hey Hooyah, I've tried everything and I'm still unable to play the game. I even went as far as to install my Steam copy to retrieve the redist installers, since the GOG version doesn't include those. I'm not sure what's going on, before the game would need to be launched 2-3 times in order to build up a cache for shaders, but now it launches on the first try.

Unfortunately, it tries to load something from autoexec.txt, and crashes from there. Not sure how to fix this problem; must be something with the autoexec.txt file, and the things it's trying to load that's causing a problem?

Nah, try it vanilla first to try to understand what the issue is. It should always run vanilla, and if not we can troubleshoot.

Be sure to delete all local folders of the game, the uninstall sometimes doesn't delete everything.

Hi guys, I got the game to work again! I deleted the game, it's registry entry, and any folders with the name "Ascaron" my C Drive. Afterwards, I launched the game in vanilla and it worked! The CM is also installed now. Should I still enable command line arguments, compatibility mode, and administrator mode now that the game runs fine? I feel like I should just play and enjoy the game again at this point haha

Thank you so much, guys! :D

P.S. Do we have a Discord?

It's very nice to know that you have Sacred 2 working now. As Androdion said, if it's functioning well, leave it be unless you run into any technical issues later. To answer your question, we don't have a Discord. That would be a Gogo thing to set up, were he to decide that it would be a good idea. I do encourage DarkMatters members to friend other fellow members here at GOG and Steam. I don't do Steam anymore, well, at least for the time being, because I am so opposed to DRM. DRM-free is yet another thing to love about those games Sacred.

• Like! 1