Late Introduction

Hi! I'm a random old-school ARPG lover from the Philippines. You may have already seen me around here from some of my reskins for Sacred 1. Forgive my late introduction for I always have reservations in socializing online in general. Had some bad experiences with global chats and clans with other games but I guess we all go through that in some way at some point. However, I would like to take this opportunity to say that I genuinely find this community cool. I've been reading some of the old threads and I was in awe to find that even if the internet is a "dangerous place" there exists mutual respect and support for one another in a dark alley somewhere such as this site. There's the helpful guides, the mods born from pure talent, creativity and teamwork, and then there's the support given to indie developers or the like. Just awesome! :bow:

As for me, I have discovered Sacred for quite some time now through YouTube Let's Plays, although, I didn't get right into it because I was discouraged by the Wood Elf I watched who died like twice within 5 minutes upon stepping out of the Bellevue cave. She started naked in Silver. I would love to try Sacred 2 too since I'm already drooling just by looking at the Fallen mod (D2 fan yay!) but unfortunately my fossilized potato of a device can't run it. Maybe in the future.

On a side note, I have yet to learn more about the game and its lore (Confession: I haven't even finished the Ancarian campaign even once), anticipate on the sequels I haven't played yet and discover how DarkMatters has grown over the years. I am unsure if the Sacred 1 community is still alive or interested in mods but as long as I come up with something I think would spice up the game's look to a way I prefer it to be, I may consider sharing it here.

TLDR: Hi! You guys are awesome! Catch you later!

• Appreciation 1

Welcome to our home for that which is Sacred, Ysendra. I believe that you will find our community welcoming, friendly, and helpful. Please be sure to ask if you have any questions and feel welcome to voice any concerns that you may have.

• Like! 1
On 10/26/2019 at 5:01 AM, Ysendra said:

Hi! I'm a random old-school ARPG lover from the Philippines. You may have already seen me around here from some of my reskins for Sacred 1. Forgive my late introduction for I always have reservations in socializing online in general. Had some bad experiences with global chats and clans with other games but I guess we all go through that in some way at some point. However, I would like to take this opportunity to say that I genuinely find this community cool. I've been reading some of the old threads and I was in awe to find that even if the internet is a "dangerous place" there exists mutual respect and support for one another in a dark alley somewhere such as this site. There's the helpful guides, the mods born from pure talent, creativity and teamwork, and then there's the support given to indie developers or the like. Just awesome! :bow:

As for me, I have discovered Sacred for quite some time now through YouTube Let's Plays, although, I didn't get right into it because I was discouraged by the Wood Elf I watched who died like twice within 5 minutes upon stepping out of the Bellevue cave. She started naked in Silver. I would love to try Sacred 2 too since I'm already drooling just by looking at the Fallen mod (D2 fan yay!) but unfortunately my fossilized potato of a device can't run it. Maybe in the future.

On a side note, I have yet to learn more about the game and its lore (Confession: I haven't even finished the Ancarian campaign even once), anticipate on the sequels I haven't played yet and discover how DarkMatters has grown over the years. I am unsure if the Sacred 1 community is still alive or interested in mods but as long as I come up with something I think would spice up the game's look to a way I prefer it to be, I may consider sharing it here.

TLDR: Hi! You guys are awesome! Catch you later!

Bravo for that beautiful intro post! I loved reading about your review of all the old posts and threads here on the forum.  I agree whole heartedly that there are a lot of dark corners of the inter webs, specially when it comes to Gaming.  This community here is very special if I dare say unique.  More than ten years old, it came to life from the demo of Sacred, the bloom of gaming forums and a game-supported online community that Ascaron fostered.  Its unfortunate that that old forum isnt around anymore, there was so many threads and "friends" there, but we tried to bring reach as many people from our community there and at many other Sacred sites  to bring over guides and work to preserve them in the Wiki and here. 

Every day I see an intro it means that this community is still meaningful, and that friendship, passion and most importantly kindness means something.

Thanks for your words here, and the hard work you've put forward into your beautiful sets for Sacred 2 modding

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:gogo:

gogo

• Appreciation 1
On 10/28/2019 at 1:41 AM, Hooyaah said:

Welcome to our home for that which is Sacred, Ysendra. I believe that you will find our community welcoming, friendly, and helpful. Please be sure to ask if you have any questions and feel welcome to voice any concerns that you may have.

Thank you good sir! and thank you for reminding me as well. I keep on forgetting about it but now that you mentioned, I am quite clueless on how to attach screenshots on my uploads (cuz I'm a noob and because I am just about to search it on the old threads if there is already a question like this only after I have posted this reply. Forgive me  I reckon it should be on the "upload a new version or screenshot" button or something like that but whenever I click it I am only forwarded to a page with a small panel for the title, then the tags, then the space for the description, and also the links to the files included in your upload with the options to delete or upload another file. Am I missing something, like, do I have to revert to the old theme for awhile?

This would really help me since I'm planning to upload some more in the future. Thanks in advance.

On 10/28/2019 at 8:00 PM, gogoblender said:

Bravo for that beautiful intro post! I loved reading about your review of all the old posts and threads here on the forum.  I agree whole heartedly that there are a lot of dark corners of the inter webs, specially when it comes to Gaming.  This community here is very special if I dare say unique.  More than ten years old, it came to life from the demo of Sacred, the bloom of gaming forums and a game-supported online community that Ascaron fostered.  Its unfortunate that that old forum isnt around anymore, there was so many threads and "friends" there, but we tried to bring reach as many people from our community there and at many other Sacred sites  to bring over guides and work to preserve them in the Wiki and here. 

Every day I see an intro it means that this community is still meaningful, and that friendship, passion and most importantly kindness means something.

Thanks for your words here, and the hard work you've put forward into your beautiful sets for Sacred 2 modding

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:gogo:

gogo

Why thanks! I'm glad I have made somebody happy by just being me. It's a win-win :gogo:but for reals this kindness thing really makes a difference. Add it with passion for doing what you love and that leaves a nice impression to the people you meet. And I know you have like super-admin powers right now but I'm still amazed whenever I see some of your posts or comments from about a decade ago. You were already actively posting and commenting here without an avatar and only tagged as guest. My favorite by far was a thread about "Why do you post?" It's something I can relate to since I only go online on my high days and on my low days I just want to lie in bed all day and not speak a single word. What you've achieved is not like those old Facebook photos that you try to hide. That's something you look back at and be proud of because up to this day you still do those things. In those times that I see dedication and social responsibility in someone and it's very rare. It's consistency and commitment. Cheers to you dear friend :drinks:

• Appreciation 1

Welcome to DarkMatters Ysendra.

I apologize for being a few days late, but news travels slowly to South Africa... especially if every one else in the country is more focused on us winning the rugby world cup...pff

Join us in the Dark kitchen and I hope you love cooking and can share some great Philippines recipes and food ideas.

have a drink with us in Key largo, and play a round with us in the Related word game.

Glad to have you here!

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Delta! said:

Welcome to DarkMatters Ysendra.

I apologize for being a few days late, but news travels slowly to South Africa... especially if every one else in the country is more focused on us winning the rugby world cup...pff

Join us in the Dark kitchen and I hope you love cooking and can share some great Philippines recipes and food ideas.

have a drink with us in Key largo, and play a round with us in the Related word game.

Glad to have you here!

Thank you for the welcome Chef! It's alright I rarely log in myself and I understand the nationwide sports thing. Filipinos are avid supporters of our countrymen when they compete internationally so I can relate somehow. And yes I do have some measly kitchen skills and know a few dishes but I rarely cook legit food. I'm interested though maybe someday I'd share something :smile:

• Like! 1
9 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Ysendra, to attach a screenshot you can drag a .jpg image to the inside of your post. Just make sure that the cursor is where you want it to be. When you are done just click on "Submit Reply." Please do let me know if you cannot get it to work for some reason.

Sir @Hooyaah I've tried what you've suggested and attached a small JPG image which I intended to be the screenshot on a new upload I've made. Afterwards, I placed my cursor where I wanted it to be and clicked on the attach image to file or something near the bottom. When I submitted the file it still doesn't show. So I've tried it with my old upload of the Daemon reskins, now using the button "upload new version or screenshot". Similarly, I dragged a copy of the file of the very 1st image right next to the already existing one. This already existing one is an imgur direct link that I then deleted after dragging the new one so I now have 1 attachment, submitted and it also doesn't show.

I'm really curious about this but if all else fails it's alright if the thumbnails don't show. I just tried to make them work but it's okay

One may drag and drop images on forum posts for them to show up. If you want an image to be included in a new file submission file you should browse for and upload the file. Direct links to images offsite don't seem to work for file submissions. I wasn't aware that you wished to submit a new file and attach an image to it. I had believed you wanted an image to appear in a forum post.

• Like! 1
22 hours ago, Flix said:

@Ysendra I've been looking into this for you.  It seems currently the screenshot option is only available when you first create the file download.   You would need to drag and drop, or browse to the actual files on your computer to upload them. The screen looks like the following:

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.2acd430fe95c8546191d8fb3a2d17137.jpg

I see the screen you were talking about when you edit the details, you have the option that says "Click here if you would like to upload a new version of the file or screenshot" but it takes to a screen where you can upload a new files version and change other attributes, but the screenshot section is absent.  @gogoblender @Schot can we look into this as a possible missing feature please?  It seems users can't add screenshots to their uploads after the file is already in place.  I thought there used to be such an option on the screen where you could add more screenshots (and the tooltip indicates this as well). All it currently has is a spot to add a changelog and upload a new file or linked file.

Flix, I'm wonderin if this is connected to permissions... are you able to change pix after you've uploaded them? Or ios this functionality that you say was there before now absent for you as well?

:)

gogo

35 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Flix, I'm wonderin if this is connected to permissions... are you able to change pix after you've uploaded them? Or ios this functionality that you say was there before now absent for you as well?

gogo

This is what I observed: I am free to change pictures around and add/delete them, provided there were some uploaded in the initial file creation.  So I can go into my mods for example (or any other mod that has screenshots already) and see the following section highlighted in red:

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.e80bf4fa843bda3d37a3469228b9755c.jpg

This screenshots section is completely absent if the user failed to add screenshots in the initial file creation however.  You've just got Changelog, Files, Linked Files, and the "Save" button, like so:

2.jpg.dfb10fd3e8763582695bc8fadc4c219f.jpg

On 11/7/2019 at 4:56 AM, Hooyaah said:

One may drag and drop images on forum posts for them to show up. If you want an image to be included in a new file submission file you should browse for and upload the file. Direct links to images offsite don't seem to work for file submissions. I wasn't aware that you wished to submit a new file and attach an image to it. I had believed you wanted an image to appear in a forum post.

I apologize I don't seem to follow. Actually all of the images on my downloads except the 2 I mentioned I had edited were but direct links from imgur and they also seem to work fine. Not as screenshots however but still thank you Sir for extending your concern on this rather curious case of mine :smile:

On 11/7/2019 at 10:02 AM, Flix said:

@Ysendra I've been looking into this for you.  It seems currently the screenshot option is only available when you first create the file download.   You would need to drag and drop, or browse to the actual files on your computer to upload them. The screen looks like the following:

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.2acd430fe95c8546191d8fb3a2d17137.jpg

I see the screen you were talking about when you edit the details, you have the option that says "Click here if you would like to upload a new version of the file or screenshot" but it takes to a screen where you can upload a new files version and change other attributes, but the screenshot section is absent.  @gogoblender @Schot can we look into this as a possible missing feature please?  It seems users can't add screenshots to their uploads after the file is already in place.  I thought there used to be such an option on the screen where you could add more screenshots (and the tooltip indicates this as well). All it currently has is a spot to add a changelog and upload a new file or linked file.

Thank you modmaster @Flix for looking into it. However, this seems to be a tiny bit worse than I initially expected since I checked if I would get the same screen as yours when I tried a "fresh/initial" file submission and all I get is this:
1142864786_sampleinitialcreation.thumb.jpg.16ba54a6b4e1ba2cbcead8f8117bb1d4.jpg

This is just an example so pls don't mind the GUI file. I got to this point using the Download Manager (I suppose it's called that?) through the "Create +" button next to my avatar. Same happens when I try to go to the destination, that is,  Sacred>Sacred Mods and click Submit FIle.

You were right, however, at the editing the description part as I seem to still get the same screen without the screenshots window.

20 hours ago, Thorin Oakshield said:

First of all,

A very belated welcome!

Second: upload that screenshot to Imgur and you've got the option to select the right code (starting with  [ img] and ending with [ /img] (but just without the spaces)) to upload a screenshot here as well.

It may be a bit of extra work, but it certainly works. And the latter is all that matters, isn't it?

Thorin :) 

Thank you for the welcome Sir Thorin Oakshield (cool name!) :thumbsupsmiley: I didn't know about this I could it this if I come up with something new. Thanks again!

On 11/7/2019 at 8:24 PM, gogoblender said:

Definitely will have Schot take a look at this.  Being able to add screen shots continuously is important.  Sorry Ysendra for this not being functionning, hopefully Schot and find us a solution. 

gogo

Thank you sir gogo. I apologize for having to raise a problem like this. I was debating myself if I were to ask it since I'm new and might sound like a petty complaint but after several uploads have figured that there might be an actual problem which needed some attention. I had a guess though but since I've no experience with site coding and tech stuff it may not be it. Still, -- I noticed how all submissions in the Sacred Mods subfolder of Sacred (under downloads of course) doesn't have any screenshots. Maybe the problem is isolated there?

• Thanks! 1
12 minutes ago, Ysendra said:

Still, -- I noticed how all submissions in the Sacred Mods subfolder of Sacred (under downloads of course) doesn't have any screenshots. Maybe the problem is isolated there?

That's exactly what is. I just realized, the screenshots option is completely absent for the Sacred Mods downloads section.  @gogoblenderI think we have our answer.  Not all sections in DarkMatters Downloads have the screenshots function enabled.  They should probably all be checked for this functionality.

• Like! 1
6 minutes ago, Flix said:

That's exactly what is. I just realized, the screenshots option is completely absent for the Sacred Mods downloads section.  @gogoblenderI think we have our answer.  Not all sections in DarkMatters Downloads have the screenshots function enabled.  They should probably all be checked for this functionality.

it seems the issue is present in all submissions within a particular folder and there are several folders affected So it's kind of both isolated and spread out? HEHE so yeah I guess all folders should be checked. And just to add, as for the permissions, I've come across Ice&Blood Items and I think the permission thing works fine since I can't try to add a submission under it.

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, Ysendra said:

Thank you Sir @Schot for the welcome and the fix. Hoping that there will be no more technical issues coming our way but if something persistently odd comes up I'd notify the authorities as soon as I can :smile:

Does it work properly now Ysendra ? If so, awesome ! :bounce: We actually had a good time last night going through some of the ancient settings and permissions for this forum.  Sometimes DarkMatters reminds me of an old sci fi series called The StarLost... a huge collections of cities flying through space all joined up together on its way to a distant destination with small adventures happening upon it's adjoining biodomes...sometimes the domes become forgotten and machinery having to be fixed... thank goodness we have the universe's premier Engineer... Schot :thumbsup:  

As well... looking through the old groupings gave us some inspiration and ideas and reminders of some that we had set up when Modding hit this site a few years back...  Maybe you and Dax have noticed the new groupings badge you now tote?

Thanks both of you for being here and giving so much

:hugs:

gogo

p.s. how dramatic is that theme music? :bounce: it's actually made in Canada... old school production...but it thrilled my imagination

• Like! 1
On 11/9/2019 at 9:34 PM, gogoblender said:

Does it work properly now Ysendra ? If so, awesome ! :bounce: We actually had a good time last night going through some of the ancient settings and permissions for this forum.  Sometimes DarkMatters reminds me of an old sci fi series called The StarLost... a huge collections of cities flying through space all joined up together on its way to a distant destination with small adventures happening upon it's adjoining biodomes...sometimes the domes become forgotten and machinery having to be fixed... thank goodness we have the universe's premier Engineer... Schot :thumbsup:  

As well... looking through the old groupings gave us some inspiration and ideas and reminders of some that we had set up when Modding hit this site a few years back...  Maybe you and Dax have noticed the new groupings badge you now tote?

Thanks both of you for being here and giving so much

:hugs:

gogo

p.s. how dramatic is that theme music? :bounce: it's actually made in Canada... old school production...but it thrilled my imagination

I'm sorry for not being able to check last time I was here and the days that followed. Busy with real life stuff over the weekend. I regret to say, however, that the screenshots still don't work. Moving it under the underworld folder wasn't able to modify the Sacred Mods folder. I tried then to upload a test file under the Underworld folder itself (not a subfolder) and it actually doesn't have a window to attach ss as well. Underworld Builds subfolder does allow it on the contrary. It's ok for me though if a fix isn't found yet. No rush since it doesn't directly affect the possibility of uploading a file.

Oh and I noticed the badge and the font style for our names too. I wanted to ask someone but I didn't know who and on what category I should ask it in. Now I know and it's awesome! Thank you very much for this. It actually made me happy seeing my name glowing and the badge too! Sacred is a gem and I'm glad I found it. It's my first take on modding and joining a forum so it's an honor to have a badge like this. I know I have a lot to learn in general, about my firsts, about online etiquette, being more sociable and giving, the art I'm trying to do, the game itself, grammar, and most importantly, kindness. But this small thing you and schot did made me feel that I can actually do something that is also worthwhile for other people and not just myself :smile: It's a start for me but this early reward means so much. Thanks!

That theme music :cool: hehe it really sets the mood of the show. There's this certain charm on how old shows were made that is sometimes comical but nevertheless iconic. The props, the way the cast is introduced with their faces and not just in the credits, the triangular title card and also credits. And the premise sounds serious. Here in the Philippines shows of old with sci-fi elements tend to lean onto comedy HEHE

Soooooooooooooo happy that you "get" star lost :lol: and that you loved the new grouping...that glow's my favorite :bounce:  We'll see if Schot can also do some test on the pictures...the truth is out there!

*cue music*

:dance:

gogo

• Like! 1